Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JoetheEskimos GTIR Build

+13
burrows1980
pulsarmoley
PartyPete
MartyMG
buckym120
nomad
luke s
Mr B
johnny gtir
gtir_woody
GTI-R US
Stu
joetheeskimo
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

126JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 6 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 30th May 2016, 8:42 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Very sweet looking wheels, nice choice. I think 16's a nice size for a R aswell.

127JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 6 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 11th November 2016, 3:50 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

So a little bit of an update.

Car went off to the welders today. I thought they were going to tow it but not being able to find the tow hook they drove it. HAsnt been driven ever on the replacement engine, only moved backwards and forwards on the drive. However it made the mile and half drive to the garage.

-brakes are being properly bleed as air is currently in the system
-The sills are having some attention, most likely replaced inner and outer
-Drivers seat captive nut has come loose so a plate is being welded in with a captive nut so the seat can be fitted.
- rear arches are being cut out and tub'ed. then over arches are being bolted over the top.

I talked to aiden once he got it to his garage, he said theyre is really bad judder when braking so this will be investigated.
He also said it was very smokey which is worrying as i havent driven the car since putting in the replacement engine i bought from bob last june. He is going to investigate this as well.

128JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 6 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 12th November 2016, 10:18 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

What happened to last engine ? If it's been sitting it's brakes will be crap. If checked over Needs a good run. Shudders can be many things from something loose to vibrations to tyres sure they will sort it keep us updated

129JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 6 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 12th November 2016, 11:17 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

so was the start issue and sensors resolved as will smoke like a cigar if fueling off .
used engines are always a gamble but if not run for ages and other things possibly wrong then give it benefit of doubt and hope all easily resolved and things move on smoothly .

130JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 6 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 9th January 2017, 9:53 am

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

so heres a little update.

Car went to the welders on the 11th of November. The guy has started working on it. It went in to have the following done;
-tub rear arches
-fix rear outer sills

However the welder messaged me and told me its worse than he thought so the following is now being done;
Both inner and outer sills
Tub both rear arches
Chassis rails need attention
Floor pan needs attention

I will update with more pictures when I get some.

131JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 6 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 9th January 2017, 8:22 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Good to hear work is well underway now, no good about the extra work that's required but you'll have great car when it's all done Smile

132JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 6 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 26th February 2017, 7:17 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

Well i went to the garage today. The guy has sorted the chassis rails, the floor pan, sills and tubbed the rear arches.
Still got to fit the arch extensions which will be done soon.
The guy at the garage also bleed the brakes and will be changing the gearbox, transfer box and diff oil.

JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 6 IMG_0120
JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 6 IMG_0118
JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 6 IMG_0119

As the car hasnt moved in a while he is also going to have a look at drop links and ball joints to see if they need replacing prior to MOT, next pictures i get it should be back home with the arches fitted.

Still got to sort out the annoying not start for 7 attempts thing.

Thanks

133JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 6 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 26th February 2017, 7:25 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Tubbed the rear arches?

Try changing the relay for the ignition to see if that helps your starting issue..
I will try and find the relay diagrams..

134JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 6 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 26th February 2017, 7:28 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

http://nissan4u.com/parts/sunny/el_n14/1990_11/type_49/body_electrical/relay/
Relay 19?

135JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 6 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 26th February 2017, 7:30 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

Stu wrote:Tubbed the rear arches?

Try changing the relay for the ignition to see if that helps your starting issue..

Yer as I'm having wide arches fitted they were cut back and welded to the inner arch, also gives more clearance. yes its not the tidest but its not going to be seen when arches are bolted over the top.

136JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 6 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 26th February 2017, 7:31 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

Stu wrote:http://nissan4u.com/parts/sunny/el_n14/1990_11/type_49/body_electrical/relay/
Relay 19?

ok i will have a look thanks, it might also be a sensor issue, i bought a OBD1 hookup thingy (cant remember the name) this way i can see if the ECU is actually recieving an signals from the temperature sensor etc.

137JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 6 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 26th February 2017, 8:17 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Can't wait to see it with the wide arches Smile

138JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 6 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 26th February 2017, 8:38 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

joetheeskimo wrote:
Stu wrote:Tubbed the rear arches?

Yer as I'm having wide arches fitted they were cut back and welded to the inner arch, also gives more clearance. yes its not the tidest but its not going to be seen when arches are bolted over the top.

I got you.
Doesn't have to look pretty behind wide arches Wink just needs to be a good job Smile

139JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 6 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 26th February 2017, 8:57 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I was going to say they look pretty untidy but thats not the finish lol .. where did you get your wide arch kit from ???

140JoetheEskimos GTIR Build - Page 6 Empty Re: JoetheEskimos GTIR Build 26th February 2017, 9:44 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

They are the ones on the previous page, another member has them (think his name is pete). There is a picture of his gtir with the 3" ones in the gallery section under 'my pile'. I've gone with the 2" ones.
Going to use rivnuts so they can be attached and detached without any issues.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum