Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My VET Build

+17
Jdmsentra
Animaldaz
Gostek
johnny gtir
Stu
Garnaby
Mr B
toaster55
Welling_AL
badgtir
MartyMG
GTI-R US
nomad
pulsarmoley
Bones
gtir_woody
ducie54
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1My VET Build Empty My VET Build 16th August 2014, 10:36 pm

ducie54

ducie54

I've been on these forums a while so I should start doing a ride blog. I've been building this over the last 4 or 5 years, was meant to be a slight upgrade that now has got a little out of hand. Is being built to run around the local track and run the local hill climb events. Will still be road registered and driven on the street when I need a thrill or to scare the shit of a friend.

Here goes with the list. Ill put more pics up latter.

Engine
SR20VET from Nissan X-Trail,
P11 exhaust rockers and solenoid block,
P12 Cams,
Stronger valve springs,
Hypertune Custom intake with there billet fuel rail and throttle body to suit the wiggins clamp,

Once I get some km's on the motor ill pull it down for a upgrade. I have Carrillo H beam rods with Carr bolts already. Just need some 90mm high comp pistons and liners.
My VET Build V0id
My VET Build Ev4m

Ignition
M&W cdi,
Denso pencil coils,
Custom Ross balancer and twin GT101 Honeywell sensors for ignition reference.

My VET Build Lj5bNY
My VET Build EzHCBb

Induction
Garrett GTX3076 .86 with Tial V band housing,
Turbosmart 44mm hyper gate.
Custom steam pipe manifold using 1'1/2 stainless steam pipe

My VET Build VICFn0

Fuel
SX performance fuel pump
Aeroflow 044 lift pump,
Tefzal intake wiring,
upgraded bulkhead terminals,
ID2000cc injectors,
Dash 8 feed and Dash 6 return line,
Surge tank in LHR guard,

My VET Build OfOgtz
My VET Build TJWlqB
My VET Build UevXPB
My VET Build YoJEel
My VET Build TiF3hg

Interior
Sparco evo 2 seats,
The rest is stock for that sleeper feel,
Cut the ass out of the floor on drivers side and removed factory mounts to drop seats lower.

My VET Build 2IQNS4
My VET Build LPJ5e6
My VET Build Shf0df

Driveline
Nismo rear diff,
Mazworx 2 piece tail shaft,
Nismo front diff,
Nismo center diff,
Trasfer case gears cyro'd shot peened and factory groves polished,
Quaife straight cut close ratio dog box,
Custom 10" single plate clutch,
Tilton hydraulic throw out bearing.

My VET Build UB0yNw
My VET Build NeJxPN
My VET Build AWDdHx
My VET Build 41qXJd
My VET Build Px4H8O
My VET Build GfXiQu
My VET Build AqBGfj
My VET Build Fw05wG
My VET Build 7MApje
My VET Build Baol5L
My VET Build TLDFLW
My VET Build LZCkZc

Brakes
R32 GTR calipers front and rear,
Fiat rotors front,
Mazda rotors rear,
willwood clutch master cylinder,
Dual willwood brake master cylinders in custom pedal box,
Increased the pedal ratio while I was at it.
Balance bar with remote bias knob

My VET Build Ur6SJN
My VET Build YJlwSq
My VET Build U7j07z
My VET Build XoUuZE
My VET Build Hn976w
My VET Build CgVZVH

Wheels
Brand new set of Volt TE37 15x7x35 (I think)

My VET Build IuYefM

Cooling
Cross flow dual pass radiator with 16" spal fan,
Davies Craig 115l alloy electric water pump, Modified the stock bypass system to suit this
Dual pass oil cooler with fan,
HKS remote oil filter block with temp sensor,  

My VET Build RNzcd1
My VET Build DNocKi
My VET Build PhMiat
My VET Build Mc56dh
My VET Build E2oEeN

Intercooler
Plazmaman water to air kit with 600x300x40mm radiator and twin fans,
Custom 8L water tank and 80L davies craig electric water pump.

My VET Build YpMppM
My VET Build IspE8f
My VET Build KygrAI
My VET Build HxLfnh
My VET Build TWOiKy

There is still more stuff I haven't put up yet, ill try do it later. Only have little bits and pieces to get before its running. Just need time atm. Haven't touch it in a month due to a bad back. Will be interesting to see what sort of power I end up with and what time it may run. Should be some fun either way tho.

Last edited by ducie54 on 27th February 2015, 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

2My VET Build Empty Re: My VET Build 17th August 2014, 2:01 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Looking so good Nigel. Must have been hard to summerise your build into one post Wink what other mods you got left on the list to get done?

3My VET Build Empty Re: My VET Build 17th August 2014, 7:32 am

ducie54

ducie54

Yeah Chris just a quick summary  Very Happy  Mod wise I'm putting the finishing touches on my fuel cooler and have a mate drawing me up some gearbox bits in soild works so I can get machined quicker. Apart from that just waiting on a new ecu to be released. I sold the vipec v88.

4My VET Build Empty Re: My VET Build 17th August 2014, 1:38 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Dear we ask the cost so far ??

5My VET Build Empty Re: My VET Build 17th August 2014, 3:08 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Wow that's a fair build you have on your hands, good work.

6My VET Build Empty Re: My VET Build 17th August 2014, 3:42 pm

ducie54

ducie54

Bones wrote:Dear we ask the cost so far ??

A lot less than you think I reckon, but I'd hate to work it out. The wife's not a fan of it but I'd rather do this than piss it up the wall.

I'm good at finding bargains tho. When the GFC hit my work was flat out which allowed me to buy stuff very very cheap, as example the gearset was less than $2800AU. When I get off night shift I'll post more on the mods I've done instead of the parts I've accumulated.

7My VET Build Empty Re: My VET Build 17th August 2014, 6:51 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Really great build thread and very intresting keep up with the progress and keep us updated ..... Wink

8My VET Build Empty Re: My VET Build 17th August 2014, 9:22 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Shocked I knew you were building a special car Nigel but never realised it was that special.
That is one serious build and can see you've done a fantastic job on her so far

I never even knew quaife made a straight cut box for the gtir so learn something new all the time.
What made you choose I'd injectors though?
I've got them on the gtr and there not known as being very good and many are switching to asnew injectors due to the id ones leaking by and causing smoke issues.
Also why go for 2000cc surely a 1000 cc are plenty enough to run well over 600hp?
Would it not be better to run smaller injectors at a higher pressure especially as there noted for poor shut off if fuel pressure is to low, just a thought!

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

9My VET Build Empty Re: My VET Build 18th August 2014, 6:01 am

ducie54

ducie54

Thanks for the complements guys. Was only meant to be just a vvl head swap but things change.

Yeah Quaife did a small run of these gear sets for Trust, was worried about getting parts but Quaife assured me they would make the bits I break. Heres a pic of the std gears, PAR and the quaife.

My VET Build SvzjXw

ID injectors are all the rage here in AUS. A big plus is that all the injector characterization info is easily available. The company that made my intake recommended to use them, there the best is AUS so im not going to argue. I guess there intakes were designed using them so injector angle and location are optimised.

I haven't heard about them leaking, I knew about issues with there 1600cc injectors with fuel temp. Mine are genuine with correct numbers so if they need to be set back for testing it wont be a be hassle. Black smoke out the exhaust can be caused by more then just spray pattern. Its just liquid fuel that cant be ignited. Looks good tho  thumbsup  What ECU are you using on the GTR?

Using the maths ID1000 are close to the limit on E85 so for no extra cost I got the 2000cc instead. Below is the boring bit on working it out.

lb/hr = (HP X BSFC)
               #injectors     X max duty cycle

= (600 x 0.55)
                      4                    x0.85

= 70.12 lb/hr

cc/mim = lb/hr x10.5

=735cc With E85 you use approx. 30% more fuel so X by 1.3 = 955cc injectors required. Close to the limit and too small for my goal.

Not sure about using small injectors with higher pressure.  My tuner and mate works for Vipec and Emtron I would have to ask him about it.

10My VET Build Empty Re: My VET Build 18th August 2014, 6:40 am

ducie54

ducie54

Back to bits ive done to the shitter as the wife calls it. Will start at the back first.

Exhaust was a little loud, Well enough to get booked by the copper that lives next door. Didn't help I leave for work at 5am. I made it from 3.5" stainless and used V-Band clamps for easy removal. Using a 3.5" cat, 3.5 resonator and dual magnaflow straight though oval mufflers. I had to cut a section out of the rear sub frame to make it fit.  

My VET Build 0xUWHC
My VET Build XQTx4f
My VET Build H5agqY
My VET Build TYJeT7
My VET Build PZBrtU
My VET Build 8QwDow
My VET Build L5DMQ2
My VET Build NKTucZ

Since the exhaust took up most of the room at the rear I was limited to where I could put the fuel pump and surge tank. So with much headache I made a custom fuel pump cradle out of stainless steel so both pumps would fit inside the tank. Extended the lift pump pick up so it sit right at the bottom for when I run the fuel tank low. Pressurized the tank after re welding and it seams to hold up fine.  

My VET Build NshIZN
My VET Build J4wPBg
My VET Build PrukRw
My VET Build HWoUpM
My VET Build Lco9IY
My VET Build JJ8IdU
My VET Build 43GhIB

Next was to do the wiring harness that runs under the front seats. Cut out all the crap I didn't need. Like cat temp light, heater seats wiring etc. etc. Then modified the harness so it crosses further back and under the back seat for a cleaner look.

My VET Build Vkkh8g

Next is the body wiring. Since the battery is in the boot I didn't need all the fuse boxes relays and fusible links in the engine bay. All was moved under the dash where the stock ECU used to sit. While I was at it I run individual relays for head light low and high beams, with upgraded wire size. Also added a relay for the starter circuit to take the load from the ignition barrel. Added a buzz bar to make power supply easier to separate from battery, alternator, starter, body and ECU.

My VET Build KNklpU
My VET Build Pm8Ryi
My VET Build DUIm1M
My VET Build MZ2g54
My VET Build BHpVpM
My VET Build NgZTzt
My VET Build VBAkMp
My VET Build CvyrAo
My VET Build NhH4it
My VET Build 6Y0Gvn
My VET Build 6W6GYR
My VET Build C23I3V
My VET Build 0SROGM
My VET Build TcqtgM
My VET Build HExGYN
My VET Build Q74kWU
My VET Build B1R3Xn
My VET Build G9o4uP
My VET Build Xa1or3
My VET Build HKuvCh

That's enough for today ill post more up tomorrow. Cheers

11My VET Build Empty Re: My VET Build 18th August 2014, 10:13 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

im no expert with injector sizing nigel and you clearly know what your talking about so if that's what they say you can only go by what you've been told by your tuner and others in the know.

but there have been a lot of probs over here with the 1000 and 1100cc id injectors which is why Litchfield and svm no longer use them and are now going with asnew injectors, there was a huge number of stage 2 upwards cars all having the same troubles with id but when switched to asnew no more huge clouds of black smoke on boost and mine was no different so too much of a coincidence for there to be nothing in it

great build though, really top notch work you've done there

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

12My VET Build Empty Re: My VET Build 18th August 2014, 8:25 pm

MartyMG

MartyMG

Absolutely brilliant thread! Ive seen so many big builds never get finished but you are nearly there so can't wait to hear how your car performs! Shame your neighbour is an @ssholev& your missus cant learn to love "The Shitter"! Keep those pics & updates coming!

13My VET Build Empty Re: My VET Build 27th August 2014, 7:44 am

badgtir

Keep up the good work mate are the r32 brakes a straight fit

14My VET Build Empty Re: My VET Build 27th August 2014, 8:11 am

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

Amazing build - great write up - thanks for sharing ! Keep up the good work !

15My VET Build Empty Re: My VET Build 27th August 2014, 8:17 am

ducie54

ducie54

badgtir wrote:Keep up the good work mate are the r32 brakes a straight fit

Cheers. Im just using the GTR calipers and no they are not a straight fit. Im using solid rotors on the rear so I had to make calliper piston spacers to prevent the piston popping out when the pads wear. I used solid rotors to keep rotational weight down as IMO wider rotors is not required. The car pulls up really well.

My VET Build BvSnFu

Fuel cooler is now done and exhaust heat wrapped. Made the coolant header tank today, ill make the expansion tank tomorrow. Been busy making fender braces for the GtirOz guys which has been slowing me down.

My VET Build LGeURx
My VET Build RBU7ez

16My VET Build Empty Re: My VET Build 27th August 2014, 8:23 am

ducie54

ducie54

I also needed to use 15mm spacers to clear the rim spokes. I had the spacers made the same diameter as the front side of the rotor hat so once there painted you wont be able to tell there's spacers until you pull the rim off. Used ARP wheel studs and cut down to the length I needed.

My VET Build UMqtIg
My VET Build IKcztr

17My VET Build Empty Re: My VET Build 22nd October 2014, 9:32 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Is the engine from the x-trail the same bore and stroke as our engines?

18My VET Build Empty Re: My VET Build 23rd October 2014, 3:44 am

ducie54

ducie54

pulsarmoley wrote:Is the engine from the x-trail the same bore and stroke as our engines?

Yes the SR20VET from the x-trail has the same bore and stroke as the Gtir engine.

19My VET Build Empty Re: My VET Build 23rd October 2014, 3:51 am

ducie54

ducie54

Built the coolant overflow tank and washer bottle. Next to build the Oval dump pipe and finish welding the EGT probes into the turbo manifold.

My VET Build UD35bD
My VET Build KWCC89
My VET Build U0OcOt
My VET Build PUb3Md
My VET Build OpIpUs
My VET Build Zuqqcz
My VET Build IjOxrU

20My VET Build Empty Re: My VET Build 23rd October 2014, 5:52 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Huge fan of the washer bottle mate. I need to get something like that so it sits nicely in the corner. Looks way better prefab alloy ones you can buy. Did u just spray paint them?

21My VET Build Empty Re: My VET Build 23rd October 2014, 2:42 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

ducie54 wrote:
pulsarmoley wrote:Is the engine from the x-trail the same bore and stroke as our engines?

Yes the SR20VET from the x-trail has the same bore and stroke as the Gtir engine.

That's interesting to know. Would the gtir gearbox bolt straight up to one of those engines?

22My VET Build Empty Re: My VET Build 23rd October 2014, 9:44 pm

ducie54

ducie54

gtir_woody wrote:Huge fan of the washer bottle mate. I need to get something like that so it sits nicely in the corner. Looks way better prefab alloy ones you can buy. Did u just spray paint them?

Thanks, from design to finish the washer bottle took 6hrs to make. Yeah just used VHT engine enamel and baked it in the bbq.

23My VET Build Empty Re: My VET Build 23rd October 2014, 9:46 pm

ducie54

ducie54

pulsarmoley wrote:
ducie54 wrote:

That's interesting to know. Would the gtir gearbox bolt straight up to one of those engines?

The VET block is a narrow block like the gtir so yeah gearbox bolts straight on.

24My VET Build Empty Re: My VET Build 24th October 2014, 5:01 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

That's interesting, cheers for that thumbsup

25My VET Build Empty Re: My VET Build 8th February 2015, 11:28 am

ducie54

ducie54

Dump pipe finally done. Not the prettiest welds but it's not going to brake.

My VET Build A7b1wl

My VET Build 4wky80

My VET Build GDcF5q

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum