Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Custom wheel spacers ( and pcd adapters) any size etc.

+10
GTI-R US
Juggs
Gostek
Mr B
pulsarmoley
nomad
Supernova
Huskiewolf
johnny gtir
mikewazowski
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Supernova

Gostek wrote:
Supernova wrote:I've just brought some FTO calipers so I'll need some 6mm spacers to go behind the disk's.

I've got fto calipers and I've got 4mm spacers.... I assume you're using clio disc

Yes sorry it's 4mm not 6mm. What did you use to space the disk out?

I wanted to do a proper job of it but I don't imagine it'll be that hard to make something up.

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Supernova wrote:
Gostek wrote:
Supernova wrote:I've just brought some FTO calipers so I'll need some 6mm spacers to go behind the disk's.

I've got fto calipers and I've got 4mm spacers.... I assume you're using clio disc

I wanted to do a proper job of it but I don't imagine it'll be that hard to make something up.
Have a look at my post 4 posts up ^

I used 4mm spacers specific 4 x 100 & not multifit (as fall to bits when shave them down), then just machine or grind them to fit suitably inside the disc hat.
I done a few conversions on theses calipers & discs & another option for low cost & lack of decent spacer availability is cut the face of the old original discs off & machine them into spacers.
I don't recommend washer technique, problem with that is you put all load on small area of the disc holes. if clip a curb or pot hole at the right point a huge amount of impact is on a small area with a lot of hollow space around it, the result is disc cracks up, studs can be broke & wheel come loose/fall off. I have seen failures from similar washer spacing in home made brake kits & it can be messy especially on track at 150mph. In the UK you would also be dropped of insurance cover & wallet raped should you have an accident and this was bought up by police vehicle investigators or insurance evaluation engineer.

Supernova

Mr B wrote:
Supernova wrote:
Gostek wrote:

Have a look at my post 4 posts up ^

I used 4mm spacers specific 4 x 100 & not multifit (as fall to bits when shave them down), then just machine or grind them to fit suitably inside the disc hat.
I done a few conversions on theses calipers & discs & another option for low cost & lack of decent spacer availability is cut the face of the old original discs off & machine them into spacers.
I don't recommend washer technique, problem with that is you put all load on small area of the disc holes. if clip a curb or pot hole at the right point a huge amount of impact is on a small area with a lot of hollow space around it, the result is disc cracks up, studs can be broke & wheel come loose/fall off. I have seen failures from similar washer spacing in home made brake kits & it can be messy especially on track at 150mph. In the UK you would also be dropped of insurance cover & wallet raped should you have an accident and this was bought up by police vehicle investigators or insurance evaluation engineer.

Thanks Mr B, I shall look into that I haven#t brought the disk's yet though.

Just out of interest what hoses did you use for the FTO calipers? Sorry not meaning to dilute the thread.

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Supernova wrote: Mr B, I shall look into that I haven#t brought the disk's yet though.

Just out of interest what hoses did you use for the FTO calipers? Sorry not meaning to dilute the thread.
Standard lines fit to calipers fine, if you not using quality braided lines already it worth having some made up when you do the conversion.
Also worth noting you can use the evo3 disc & redrill to 4x100 then no need for spacer. Originally popular conversion here in asia for sentra.
Use of clio disc became the european take on the conversion as easy found & cheap disc plus it already correct 4x100 pcd & was considered easier spacing disc 4mm over re machining pcd.
If get the calipers at bargain price this a great road car upgrade & works very well & keep unspung hub weight sensible which helps handling along with keeping gross vehicle weight down too. A lot of the big kits are nonsense such as 330mm
Around 295 to 320mm 4 or 6 pots of good design/quility kit/pads is more than enough.

Anyway back on track with mr wazowski spacer offer.
Is good offer that for custom sixing, rep point added as appreciation of your efforts .

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

Thanks Mr B ! Smile

Quick question guys, i might be getting three sets ordered up soon but im just wondering what are your thoughts about mounting these. Would you rather install longer wheel studs or stay with the existing studs and screw the spacer onto the discs and then have separate wheel studs coming out from the adapter?

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

why would you want to do that : /
going by the pic you put up mike they are designed to use your existing studs from the hub so you bolt spacer to that in front of disc then use the other bolts to bolt the wheel on so in affect you have 8 fixings per hub

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

Yeah but they can also make ones designed for longer studs with no studs coming out of the spacer. I know some people get really fussy with having 8 fixings per hub and would prefer to run extended studs Smile

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ah right I see
personally I prefer the 8 bolt fixings as longer studs have much more stress on them but personal preference I guess

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

Just a small update on this thread, I will be ordering some 10mm fronts and 20mm back spacers after the new year. I will be getting three sets made, one for my car and the other two will be up for grabs Smile If you want me to put these aside for you PM me, peace!

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I may very well have a set Mike as I'm going to need some, going to go and measure them soon and make sure they are the size I need

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Can i get a set with 1.5 thread size over 1.25 ?

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

PartyPete wrote:I may very well have a set Mike as I'm going to need some, going to go and measure them soon and make sure they are the size I need

If you need any custom size i could get that ordered up for you if you want to? Smile

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

johnny gtir wrote:Can i get a set with 1.5 thread size over 1.25 ?

and yes johnny you could have that done but the bolt on to hub spacers start from 22mm. 10mm spacer would be to weak to have a stud coming out of it to mount a wheel on. I could get the back ones in m12x1.5 and then you could possibly run extended wheel studs on the front? i think ill be doing that with my R because i have a spare set of m12x1.5 wheel nuts Smile

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

Just to let you know guys i have some 20mm spacers which i had made for the R but i need something wider so they are up for grabs. Brand new only been on the car once and not even been ran on the road. £85 posted ono

Custom wheel spacers ( and pcd adapters) any size etc. - Page 2 10653856_10206901631528112_5722889023738326261_n

Custom wheel spacers ( and pcd adapters) any size etc. - Page 2 >Custom wheel spacers ( and pcd adapters) any size etc. - Page 2 11329925_10206901632168128_4513679178368170671_n

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

These came up looking great mate thumbsup

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Is huskie not wanting these ? Did you get my price please ?

Huskiewolf

Huskiewolf

I bought them johnny(one pair)for the front,cheers to you both for sorting it

FPSChris

FPSChris

Didn't even see this post! Are there anymore? I'd need 4.

https://soundcloud.com/fpschris

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

No problemo huskie!

Chris, PM me as i might be getting some more made soon Smile

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Hello

houghy_1

Just out of interest,are you gonna be able to make any more of these?? 
I'm probably looking at getting 10mm fronts and 20mm rears.

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

houghy_1 wrote:Just out of interest,are you gonna be able to make any more of these?? 
I'm probably looking at getting 10mm fronts and 20mm rears.

PM'd you Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum