Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wheel spacers

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wheel spacers Empty Wheel spacers 3rd April 2017, 4:05 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

I know it's been covered a few times, but I've put 20mm on the rear and thinking of running 15mm on the front. From what I understand it should be half of what the back is on the front making it obviously 10mm, but will 15's make it understeer loads?

I can machine them down in the lathe if need be, curious to how much it will effect the handling.

2Wheel spacers Empty Re: Wheel spacers 3rd April 2017, 5:57 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I think from what i read ideally it should be 10mm wider at the back than the front but dont think its totally crucial if its 5mm more it should still help with understeer .... how come your spacing out the front anyway ? ..... backs i think always look like the wheel is further in the arch compared to the front ....

3Wheel spacers Empty Re: Wheel spacers 3rd April 2017, 7:33 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

because ive got 15mm spacers Laughing i quite like seeing tyres closer to the arch. Can always take them off if handling pants.

Actually went up the road in her on friday thumbsup only 50m or so, first time in 4 years.

4Wheel spacers Empty Re: Wheel spacers 3rd April 2017, 8:18 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Mine is 10mm. R u using hub centric spacers mate?

5Wheel spacers Empty Re: Wheel spacers 3rd April 2017, 10:05 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Yeah hubcentric, 57.1 CB but I'm machining then out to 59.1 for the R, and got aluminium spigot rings to suit after market wheels.

Will see what 15mm look like first if not take 5mm off them

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum