Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wheel Spacers?

+2
nomad
Bootsie
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wheel Spacers? Empty Wheel Spacers? 14th February 2014, 1:00 pm

Bootsie

Bootsie

i have heard alot of people talk about spacing their wheels out over the years. is this for a performance benefit? or is it just for looks? i am curious what people think and if anyone has done this?

2Wheel Spacers? Empty Re: Wheel Spacers? 14th February 2014, 11:31 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I think spacing out the back helps  understeer or oversteer just remember reading it somewhere ...

3Wheel Spacers? Empty Re: Wheel Spacers? 15th February 2014, 1:02 am

Bootsie

Bootsie

Same here, i am just not sure what orher people run? I heard spacing rears 20mm and the fronts 10mm. I was going to try it out, but would require longer studs. Am i correct in thinking that?

4Wheel Spacers? Empty Re: Wheel Spacers? 15th February 2014, 6:53 am

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

yes thats corrrect, 20 mm at back is common and it depends on the width of the wheels what you do at the front. you can buy hubcentric spacers at about 80 pounds a pair or they come up on ebay i saw a set of four for 60 quid the other day. Or you can go the longer stud root then just use normal spacers which i did at the rear. Bit of a long job getting the studs in though its not easy getting the old ones out and the new ones in.

5Wheel Spacers? Empty Re: Wheel Spacers? 15th February 2014, 12:10 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

thread below may help:
http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t1642-spacing-rear-wheels
25mm on rear & 12mm front along with custom springs on BC struts & decent setup/alignment made huge handling gains after some trial & error ...

6Wheel Spacers? Empty Re: Wheel Spacers? 15th February 2014, 12:20 pm

gtir_sunny

I've got 20mm hubcentrics on the back with a very low wheel offset of 23 and 20mm on the front with the same wheel offset, after geometry set up it handled like crap. I've put 5mm spacers on the front now and made a big difference, does tend to oversteer but not as much, I'd like to go 10mm but the spacers I have are non hubcentric

7Wheel Spacers? Empty Re: Wheel Spacers? 15th February 2014, 12:23 pm

gtir_sunny

Anyone got 10mm or 15mm hubcentric spacers they want to swap for 20's before I get them skimmed down, need to be made off alloy tho

8Wheel Spacers? Empty Re: Wheel Spacers? 15th February 2014, 2:15 pm

Bootsie

Bootsie

I like the idea of 20 at the back and 10 at the front. Where would be the best place to hubcentric spacers?? I am running 15 in oz alloys as in the pic. Thanks guys

9Wheel Spacers? Empty Re: Wheel Spacers? 15th February 2014, 5:02 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Loads on ebay mate  Wink

10Wheel Spacers? Empty Re: Wheel Spacers? 15th February 2014, 5:40 pm

gtir_sunny

Hubcentric spacers with the correct bore is hard to find

11Wheel Spacers? Empty Re: Wheel Spacers? 15th February 2014, 5:53 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Really ive found quite a few on ebay ..... ??????

12Wheel Spacers? Empty Re: Wheel Spacers? 15th February 2014, 6:41 pm

Bootsie

Bootsie

Excellent, thanks for your help guys Smile

13Wheel Spacers? Empty Re: Wheel Spacers? 15th February 2014, 6:43 pm

gtir_sunny

nomad wrote:Really ive found quite a few on ebay ..... ??????

You got a link mate, I've just had a look and there's none for the pulsar

14Wheel Spacers? Empty Re: Wheel Spacers? 15th February 2014, 6:49 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

http://www.dm-motorsport.co.uk/pulsar-gti-r-25mm-hub-centric-wheel-spacers-4-x-100-pcd-315-p.asp

15Wheel Spacers? Empty Re: Wheel Spacers? 15th February 2014, 6:53 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=111279699453

16Wheel Spacers? Empty Re: Wheel Spacers? 15th February 2014, 8:47 pm

Bootsie

Bootsie

Excellent Smile What about 10mm?? Ihave got my laptop and finding it difficult navigating the site on my phone.

17Wheel Spacers? Empty Re: Wheel Spacers? 15th February 2014, 9:02 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

On wich one bud and il throw the link up for you ..... i only ever use my phone for all of it ...

18Wheel Spacers? Empty Re: Wheel Spacers? 15th February 2014, 10:22 pm

gtir_sunny

I'm after a cb of 59.1, not sure about the 60mm, my suspensions pretty stiff so might get a little wheel travel

19Wheel Spacers? Empty Re: Wheel Spacers? 15th February 2014, 11:14 pm

Bootsie

Bootsie

The dp motorsport ones. Normally my phone is fine, but for some reason i am struggling tonight -_- am i correct in thinking that they bolt to the existing studs? Spacing, then bolt the wheels to them with the standard wheels nuts?

20Wheel Spacers? Empty Re: Wheel Spacers? 15th February 2014, 11:20 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yes mate exactly that .... the spacers bolt to the hub then the wheel to the spacer

21Wheel Spacers? Empty Re: Wheel Spacers? 15th February 2014, 11:30 pm

Bootsie

Bootsie

I know it sounded a bit noob, but i don't have experience with hubcentric spacers. Could i have a link to the 10mm ones please Very Happy

22Wheel Spacers? Empty Re: Wheel Spacers? 16th February 2014, 9:17 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I think its personal driving style etc if I was going 20 on the rear I would not run any on the front. Be Careful on suspension set up and wheel offset tyre wall size or they will rub on arches at 20mm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum