Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Starting

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Starting  Empty Starting 27th January 2014, 7:59 pm

GTIR James

Before I took the engine out there was a problem when starting. If you just turn the key it doesn't start. (As if the rpm isn't raised enough) if I apply a slight amount of throttle it would start up straight away.
Now I've got a new Idle air control valve which I've cleaned & all appears good but could the cold start device cause this problem as well? Would rather sort this whilst engines out as these are a pig to get to with engine in
Thanks

2Starting  Empty Re: Starting 27th January 2014, 8:00 pm

GTIR James

Ps throttle still needs to be applied when engine is warm

3Starting  Empty Re: Starting 27th January 2014, 8:14 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

So whats it idling at  if at all ....

4Starting  Empty Re: Starting 27th January 2014, 8:23 pm

GTIR James

Idles fine. About 900rpm but throttle needs to be blipped or it doesn't start. Once started it idles fine. From cold 1500rpm then drops when engine warms

5Starting  Empty Re: Starting 27th January 2014, 8:45 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Butterflys in throttlebody may be sticking closed when its been stood for a bit, Hense why you need to blip the throttle to relese them?

6Starting  Empty Re: Starting 27th January 2014, 8:47 pm

GTIR James

Possible gaz. I will check this as they are all off. Just seems weird the car idles fine etc but won't start unless the throttle is blipped.

7Starting  Empty Re: Starting 27th January 2014, 10:37 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

its more than likely a mapping issue james

theres a few cars about that have this problem once mapped, may need some fuel taking out at idle.
if doesn't start straight away when warm then it can flood very quickly especially if you have larger injectors fitted

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

8Starting  Empty Re: Starting 28th January 2014, 4:42 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Gaz GTiR wrote:Butterflys in throttlebody may be sticking closed when its been stood for a bit, Hense why you need to blip the throttle to release them?
Shouldn't make a difference to cold start/idle as throttle is not linked to this even if butterflies are sticking (normal symptom being a stiff throttle pedal until been pressed once)
Check auxiliary air valve (under plenum and right under idle valve you just done) & as Bob has mentioned your cold start mapping if you are on a custom ecu etc....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum