Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AM Performance turbo elbows

+3
nomad
fred05
watoga
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1AM Performance turbo elbows Empty AM Performance turbo elbows 14th October 2013, 8:58 am

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

As requested, here are some pictures of the different AM Performance turbo elbows that are available for the GTiR.

Plumb back elbow:
AM Performance turbo elbows EPB

Plumb back elbow:
AM Performance turbo elbows EPB2

Plumb back elbow:
AM Performance turbo elbows EPB3

Plumb back and Screamer elbows:
AM Performance turbo elbows EPBS

Screamer elbow:
AM Performance turbo elbows ES

Screamer elbow:
AM Performance turbo elbows ES2

2-piece plum back and screamer set:
AM Performance turbo elbows 2pieceEDPBS

2-piece screamer set:
AM Performance turbo elbows 2pieceEDS

2-piece screamer and plumb back set:
AM Performance turbo elbows 2pieceEDSPB

3-piece plumb back set:
AM Performance turbo elbows 3pieceEDPB

3-piece screamer set:
AM Performance turbo elbows 3pieceEDS

Hope this helps visualise the AM Performance elbows a little better.
Cheers,
Dave

http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dbj

2AM Performance turbo elbows Empty Re: AM Performance turbo elbows 14th October 2013, 9:13 am

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

they are based in australia, aren't they??

3AM Performance turbo elbows Empty Re: AM Performance turbo elbows 14th October 2013, 9:26 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yes fred they are in aucklund australia ..

4AM Performance turbo elbows Empty Re: AM Performance turbo elbows 14th October 2013, 9:31 am

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

Fred,

I had originally tried to make a group-buy for these on the Modifiers club a number of years ago, but the exchange rates (AUD-GBP) and customs charges made them reasonably expensive. In 2007, the prices were £220 for the elbow, and £315 for the elbow+downpipe set. I suspect the exchange rate may have gotten even worse, so the prices may be significantly higher now Sad Still, I thought it may be useful to put up some pics of the products. From what I have heard they are not the best-quality elbows, but probably still much better than standard.

Cheers,
Dave

http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dbj

5AM Performance turbo elbows Empty Re: AM Performance turbo elbows 14th October 2013, 4:27 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

no the materials used are not good quality and neither is some of the welding
think it depends on what one you get and who made it lol
some are much better than others!

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

6AM Performance turbo elbows Empty Re: AM Performance turbo elbows 1st January 2015, 6:38 pm

simigeri

simigeri

That was around 100 GBP:

AM Performance turbo elbows DSC_0156_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_

7AM Performance turbo elbows Empty Re: AM Performance turbo elbows 1st January 2015, 8:07 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Yeah they are based in Adelaide, South Australia. I know when I'm buying stuff in GBP the exchange rate absolutely sucks but as parts get harder to find for these cars you need to spend the $. I haven't heard about these other than its normally easier to get them fabricated at an exhaust shop.

8AM Performance turbo elbows Empty Re: AM Performance turbo elbows 1st January 2015, 8:40 pm

MartyMG

MartyMG

I bought one from the Gtir owners club/ modifiers club group buy. (2006-07?) Mine is a plumb in, two piece to the cat. Only £200 posted then. As for quality, its never given any problems.

9AM Performance turbo elbows Empty Re: AM Performance turbo elbows 20th January 2015, 11:31 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

I've come across 2 of the elbow types and both were not good quality in terms of flange thickness and warpage, that was years ago so maybe the guy producing them has resolved the issues over the years

The ones bogdan on here was producing were far better quality in terms of material used and the welding, may not have looked quite so pretty but will last with no issues I'm sure

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Sponsored content