Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finally Got My Old Pulsar Back!!

+11
gtirx2
hreggtir
Stu
fred05
Andy Sunny Gti
Digitalfaze
nomad
pulsarmoley
Hardy172cup
Scooby_killer
Girl racer
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Finally Got My Old Pulsar Back!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Finally Got My Old Pulsar Back!! 27th November 2013, 9:55 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Taking transfer box off is by far the easiest way if just need gearbox removed for clutch or box overhaul & makes gearbox removal same process as any front wheel drive box removal in basic procedure. Not that hard a job & with good hand tools & decent work area things are easier.
Most people struggle due to poor tools & less than ideal work area then the simplest of things can become the impossible :-S Good to see an R getting some love though :-)

27Finally Got My Old Pulsar Back!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Finally Got My Old Pulsar Back!! 27th November 2013, 12:36 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

glad to see you've got it out and having it rebuilt, much better in the longterm although dearer initially (if they need any parts then give me a holler as weve a few spares in stock)

ive always found it easier to withdraw the diff and leave outer case bolted to block, then its just like doing box from a fwd car.
all depends though sometimes if theres some niggly things need sorting on the back of your engine, clutch master cylinder or anything like that then you just aswell drop the lot and do it all in one go rather than battling to get into tight spaces

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

28Finally Got My Old Pulsar Back!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Finally Got My Old Pulsar Back!! 27th November 2013, 1:07 pm

knights of nee

I used to just drop the whole lot only takes 2 hours if you know what you're doing.

Rob

29Finally Got My Old Pulsar Back!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Finally Got My Old Pulsar Back!! 27th November 2013, 3:37 pm

the vamp

the vamp

good clean looking car sure you need something to do over the winter Wink

30Finally Got My Old Pulsar Back!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Finally Got My Old Pulsar Back!! 27th November 2013, 9:25 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

Rich has collected the box (it was in the shop for about a week and a half) it needed a whole bearing kit, 3rd and 4th gear synchro, just need to sort out a clutch fork mod, is it really worth our while doing this? Have seen pictures of modified clutch forks, so it doesn't look too hard a job to do with the mig welder Smile

31Finally Got My Old Pulsar Back!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Finally Got My Old Pulsar Back!! 27th November 2013, 9:30 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

Mr B wrote:Taking transfer box off is by far the easiest way if just need gearbox removed for clutch or box overhaul & makes gearbox removal same process as any front wheel drive box removal in basic procedure. Not that hard a job & with good hand tools & decent work area things are easier.
Most people struggle due to poor tools & less than ideal work area then the simplest of things can become the impossible :-S Good to see an R getting some love though :-)

He is glad its out, just tight bolts etc and being freezing outside!! Its good that he is a mechanic by trade so has lots of tools etc Smile 

Yes its getting lots of love again, its like its never been away  I love you

32Finally Got My Old Pulsar Back!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Finally Got My Old Pulsar Back!! 27th November 2013, 9:34 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep definitely worth doing kerime
weve sold loads of them and only ever had one failiure that I know of and that was because of a collapsed bearing putting excess pressure on one side of the fork

he could knock one up in under an hour

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

33Finally Got My Old Pulsar Back!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Finally Got My Old Pulsar Back!! 27th November 2013, 9:36 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

[quote="GTI-R US"]glad to see you've got it out and having it rebuilt, much better in the longterm although dearer initially (if they need any parts then give me a holler as weve a few spares in stock)

ive always found it easier to withdraw the diff and leave outer case bolted to block, then its just like doing box from a fwd car.
all depends though sometimes if theres some niggly things need sorting on the back of your engine, clutch master cylinder or anything like that then you just aswell drop the lot and do it all in one go rather than battling to get into tight spaces[/quote

Thanks Bob, its all done now and its sitting in front of the car ready to 'pop' back in Laughing I suppose it will be like a new box having a whole bearing kit replaced!!! Ok will do the fork mod then, Rich has had plenty of practise of welding from when I had the Cherry Turbo Laughing

34Finally Got My Old Pulsar Back!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Finally Got My Old Pulsar Back!! 1st December 2013, 10:31 am

Girl racer

Girl racer

Gearbox is back!

Finally Got My Old Pulsar Back!! - Page 2 011_zps0bf62091

Clutch Fork before the mod:

Finally Got My Old Pulsar Back!! - Page 2 002_zps3ee508f9

Clutch Fork after the mod:

Finally Got My Old Pulsar Back!! - Page 2 008_zpsdbe50dbc

Going to order the Excedy Clutch tomorrow, Rich has given me money towards that as my Christmas present Smile Hopefully will be up and running by Christmas!!! Smile

35Finally Got My Old Pulsar Back!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Finally Got My Old Pulsar Back!! 1st December 2013, 9:05 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

That rich spoils you to much Wink  like the metalic paint on the fork Laughing

36Finally Got My Old Pulsar Back!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Finally Got My Old Pulsar Back!! 1st December 2013, 11:33 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

nomad wrote:That rich spoils you to much Wink  like the metalic paint on the fork Laughing

Ha ha!! I am very spoilt!! The finish is very smooth, almost too nice to go back on the car!!!! Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum