Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

finally back in the scene

+5
Bones
shroom
Stu
pulsarmoley
gtir_woody
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1finally back in the scene  Empty finally back in the scene 6th February 2016, 2:22 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

It's been a while since I've been on here, I had several issues with my car so it's had some time off the road tucked up in the garage.
Due to lack of finances I lost interest for a while but after some intense open wallet surgery she is back on the road and almost 100% apart from a few little issues.

Here's what I have purchased/had done to it

Set of 4 16x7 buddy club alloys
4 toyo tyres
Replacement gearbox
Gearbox and transfer oils
Helix organic clutch
Genuine GTR key and NISMO keyring (couldn't help myself Laughing)
Rear discs and pads
Rear handbrake cables
Front end lined up abit better because my bonnet wouldn't shut properly from the guy that hit my front end in the snow
Power steering fluid changed (plus leak repaired)
MOT test and road tax

There's probably tons of little things I've forgot to mention, dosent look a massive list but I can feel the financial sting lol, just a few small issues left to sort out and it will be perfect

2finally back in the scene  Empty Re: finally back in the scene 6th February 2016, 3:51 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Good to hear its back up and running. Ive always like buddy club wheels, 16's are a nice size to Smile

3finally back in the scene  Empty Re: finally back in the scene 6th February 2016, 8:19 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Good to hear, just need to get her back on the rollers. About time someone else was awarded the spoon Wink

4finally back in the scene  Empty Re: finally back in the scene 6th February 2016, 10:13 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I won't be going on the rollers anytime soon because it keeps going into limp mode. Until I sort that I'm officially stuck with 188bhp Laughing God it's slow lol. Hopefully I can get it right without too much hassle

5finally back in the scene  Empty Re: finally back in the scene 6th February 2016, 1:28 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Good to have you back on here Billy Smile
And good to hear the R is back out to play.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

6finally back in the scene  Empty Re: finally back in the scene 6th February 2016, 1:35 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Cheers stu. I just need to get it out of limp mode, it keeps showing code 34 (DET sensor) but it has just had a new genuine Nissan one fitted

7finally back in the scene  Empty Re: finally back in the scene 6th February 2016, 6:04 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Maybe they damged it fitting it or the wire when the gearbox was done ??? You need to ohm test it see if its the sensor or wiring at fault bill ....

8finally back in the scene  Empty Re: finally back in the scene 6th February 2016, 6:28 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I was thinking the same thing, I should of tested it before it was fitted, even though it was new.
It's such a pain in the arse to get to though and I'm not very good with my hands, my right arm is semi paralysed so makes it a real bitch lol

9finally back in the scene  Empty Re: finally back in the scene 6th February 2016, 8:03 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Its more of a one hand operation anyway bill .... have you still got the y bracket fitted or has it been removed already ???

10finally back in the scene  Empty Re: finally back in the scene 6th February 2016, 8:55 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

It's removed, thank god.
It's my right hand that's effected and I'm right handed, plus the position of the sensor is such that you have to use your right arm when coming in from the top.

I'll be able to do it because I can get my hand down there and touch it, will just take longer and with a lot more swearing than it would if my fingers all worked properly lol

11finally back in the scene  Empty Re: finally back in the scene 6th February 2016, 9:03 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Isnt it easier from underneath though fella ...???

12finally back in the scene  Empty Re: finally back in the scene 6th February 2016, 9:27 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Yes it is because I've been under there before trying to get at it lol but I haven't got anything to jack it up with and I haven't got a light either. I might be able to do it from the top though, you just cat see what your doing from the top

13finally back in the scene  Empty Re: finally back in the scene 6th February 2016, 9:30 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Think you would be better off borrowing a jack or a set of car ramps to drive up as you need to test the wire and visually check it ... cant you nick one off darren ????

14finally back in the scene  Empty Re: finally back in the scene 6th February 2016, 9:57 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I'll see if I can borrow one, sure Darren won't mind. I need to buy one really, my last one got pinched lol

15finally back in the scene  Empty Re: finally back in the scene 7th February 2016, 12:35 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I think my alernator has just given up.

Looked this morning and it was charging at around 14.1-14.2 volts which I thought strange because it has been giving a weak output previously. I've just gone to clean the car, started it and the battery light is on, my turbo timer is reading 11. Something volts and dropping.

Maybe I was right about the alternator being the possible cause of a lot of my troubles

16finally back in the scene  Empty Re: finally back in the scene 7th February 2016, 2:35 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah bill defo sounds like its fubard ....

17finally back in the scene  Empty Re: finally back in the scene 7th February 2016, 2:40 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Do need a Gtir specific alternator or are there other Nissan alternators I can use that would work?

I'm not going to buy one until I'm sure it is the alternator that's at fault but it's looking that way

18finally back in the scene  Empty Re: finally back in the scene 7th February 2016, 2:53 pm

shroom

shroom

http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t4979-new-alternator-starter-motor

From Mr B :-) might give you some help

19finally back in the scene  Empty Re: finally back in the scene 9th February 2016, 7:20 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Bill if you bring yr car round we can get it in my garage in the warm and I got a original alternator from a place up Sutton for £95 . Don't know if he has any more but easy to walk in and ask. You can always borrow anything I have but for obvious reasons I'd want you coming round on yr own cos don't like strange folk seeing what's in the garage

20finally back in the scene  Empty Re: finally back in the scene 9th February 2016, 8:02 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Cheers Darren your a top bloke. Yes I apreciate the concern, if I come up with anyone it will only be my mum dropping me off lol.
If I could bring it up so you can help me look over things I really would apreciate that mate. My battery is about dead though and I haven't go a charger so I will have to either try to get a charger or use another battery to get me up to yours.

When will be a good time to come up mate?

21finally back in the scene  Empty Re: finally back in the scene 9th February 2016, 8:04 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

In two minds about getting a new or second hand alternator. I'm thinking of getting a second hand one because I need a few bits. I was going to get a power steering pump and distributor along with the alternator off a car that a lad is breaking in Oakham

22finally back in the scene  Empty Re: finally back in the scene 9th February 2016, 9:28 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Its amazing how many people have the same avatar on here as the old FB pic, we have spoken before about the front bumpers Smile

If it helps I have a spare alternator, if you get stuck.

PS its also worth taking your old one apart as you can sometimes replace the bushes .. Im not sure if this applies to the pulsar but its worth a watch so you can check it out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVvPzwtxdrM

Should save you a few quid if you can replace them.

23finally back in the scene  Empty Re: finally back in the scene 9th February 2016, 9:46 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

The avatar of bills is hes actual car ..... you will need to have the battery topped up properly prior to testing otherwise you wont get an accurate reading ....

24finally back in the scene  Empty Re: finally back in the scene 9th February 2016, 9:55 pm

Hardy172cup wrote:In two minds about getting a new or second hand alternator. I'm thinking of getting a second hand one because I need a few bits. I was going to get a power steering pump and distributor along with the alternator off a car that a lad is breaking in Oakham  

just get a reconditioned one
not sure if ive still got it now i did have a list of all cars that used the same alternator as the gtir and there was quite a few pretty sure almera and primera were the same

25finally back in the scene  Empty Re: finally back in the scene 10th February 2016, 2:31 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Bandyleg wrote:Its amazing how many people have the same avatar on here as the old FB pic, we have spoken before about the front bumpers Smile

If it helps I have a spare alternator, if you get stuck.

PS its also worth taking your old one apart as you can sometimes replace the bushes .. Im not sure if this applies to the pulsar but its worth a watch so you can check it out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVvPzwtxdrM

Should save you a few quid if you can replace them.

Thanks for that link mate, interesting watch. I could do that easily if that's what's wrong with it. Thanks for the offer with the alternator and I will give you a shout if I can't get one.

Leighton I think he means my Facebook picture is the same as my avatar on here, we had a conversation about front bumper, if my memory serves me right I'm sure it was robd was involved in that Facebook conversation too lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum