Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pressure in fuel tank

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pressure in fuel tank Empty Pressure in fuel tank 21st March 2014, 4:49 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Is it normal for there to be pressure in the fuel tank?
Ive noticed when I remove my fuel cap there's always a pssssshhhhh noise  confused I don't know if that's normal or not, could the breather to my tank be blocked or something?

2Pressure in fuel tank Empty Re: Pressure in fuel tank 21st March 2014, 5:27 pm

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

Normal bud

3Pressure in fuel tank Empty Re: Pressure in fuel tank 21st March 2014, 6:13 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Ye its normal bill, is yr car off the road?

4Pressure in fuel tank Empty Re: Pressure in fuel tank 21st March 2014, 6:59 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Does it on my daily all the time, just cos I run it dry lol!

5Pressure in fuel tank Empty Re: Pressure in fuel tank 21st March 2014, 7:50 pm

you mean the cap for when you put fuel in?
id say it depends on the type of fuel filler top that was used when the car was converted to uk type filler caps

6Pressure in fuel tank Empty Re: Pressure in fuel tank 21st March 2014, 8:45 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Bones wrote:Ye its normal bill, is yr car off the road?

It's not off the road as such, I'm just not driving it until I get this problem sorted, it's in the garage with the battery removed so I can get better access in the engine bay, I haven't really had the chance to do anything to it today but I still need to inspect the distributor cap among other things lol

robd wrote:you mean the cap for when you put fuel in?
id say it depends on the type of fuel filler top that was used when the car was converted to uk type filler caps

Yes rob I'm talking about the fuel filler cap. To be honest mate I have never even knew they had to convert the fuel filler for the uk lol I know it has got a diesel fuel cap on it because it says diesel on the cap Laughing

7Pressure in fuel tank Empty Re: Pressure in fuel tank 21st March 2014, 8:56 pm

ive had a few different type of them a couple that were just probably sunny/micra ect conversions and a couple that were bonded on types that you just shoved the fuel nozzle down through a little flap and one that was a mini aero type cap

8Pressure in fuel tank Empty Re: Pressure in fuel tank 21st March 2014, 9:01 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Call round tomorrow afternoon bill, I'm doing bits on my car and you can swap and try different bits. Fitted my wideband today so I could do with you checking the readings

9Pressure in fuel tank Empty Re: Pressure in fuel tank 21st March 2014, 9:13 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Ye I'll pop up and try a few things, I'll have a look at your AFR readings because it would be nice to compare them to mine but im no expert on reading AFRs although I've got a rough idea what's healthy and what's not lol

10Pressure in fuel tank Empty Re: Pressure in fuel tank 21st March 2014, 9:17 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

That's more than I've got lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum