Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brake pedal free play

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Brake pedal free play Empty Brake pedal free play 19th July 2019, 9:42 am

mike74

mike74

Hey guys,

I was bored last night so decided to have a fiddle with the R (no lewd comments please shroom!  :p)

Apparently the brake pedal has adjustable free play in it, the same as the clutch pedal has (similar threaded pushrod, locknut & pedal clevis). According to the workshop manual there should be 1-3mm free play at the pedal. Mine was a fair bit more than that, presumably with almost 30 years of use and things wearing out.

So I busted out the 14mm spanner and adjusted the free play down to as close to 3mm as I could, without unscrewing the rod from the brake pedal clevis too far.

It could just be a placebo but I'm now pretty convinced that the brakes feel a lot more progressive and direct than before. Don't get me wrong, the brakes worked fine before but they just feel 'better' now. There's definitely a lot less travel on the pedal before it starts to do anything now. In fact I almost gave myself whiplash after reversing out of my driveway this morning  :p

Anyone else had a fiddle with this?

cheers,

mike

2Brake pedal free play Empty Re: Brake pedal free play 19th July 2019, 11:08 am

FPSChris

FPSChris

Didn't know it existed but I got very little free play in the pedal anyway.
Good work, and make sure you wear your belt if you're just moving it or you'll end up through the windscreen much like when you left foot brake in an automatic Very Happy

https://soundcloud.com/fpschris

3Brake pedal free play Empty Re: Brake pedal free play 19th July 2019, 11:18 am

mike74

mike74

lol, its certainly taking a bit of getting used to that's for sure. might have to tie wrap a cushion to the steering wheel Smile

4Brake pedal free play Empty Re: Brake pedal free play 19th July 2019, 11:19 am

FPSChris

FPSChris

lmao!
You'll get in other cars and they won't stop.
I hate driving the mitisi, it's like a bloody boat when stopping.

https://soundcloud.com/fpschris

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum