Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bit quiet on here

+7
johnny gtir
Mr B
shroom
DC313
gtir_woody
mike74
BEBB GTIR
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bit quiet on here Empty Bit quiet on here 1st June 2019, 6:28 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Not many GTIR posts recently, what are people up too?

Me: fitted flocked dash, suede OMP wheel to my GTIR, leather gear gaiter/handbrake cover and centre console cover having wheels powder-coated, new Toyo tyres plus sorting little niggles all over car still plenty to do....

What are you lot up too on your GTIR's???

2Bit quiet on here Empty Re: Bit quiet on here 1st June 2019, 6:57 pm

mike74

mike74

Ive got a new set of silicone coolant hoses to fit this weekend, weather depending. Going to fit new clamps to all the boost hoses while ive got the inlet manifold off too. Looking forward to eventually refreshing the pipework, not really looking forward to removing the manifold!

3Bit quiet on here Empty Re: Bit quiet on here 1st June 2019, 7:03 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I’m still waiting on my motor over a year fuming

Thinking I’m going to wrap my R also. Should be a fun job and something new I haven’t done before

4Bit quiet on here Empty Re: Bit quiet on here 2nd June 2019, 6:59 am

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

gtir_woody wrote:I’m still waiting on my motor over a year fuming

Thinking I’m going to wrap my R also. Should be a fun job and something new I haven’t done before

What colour wrap?

5Bit quiet on here Empty Re: Bit quiet on here 3rd June 2019, 12:58 pm

DC313

DC313

mike74 wrote:Ive got a new set of silicone coolant hoses to fit this weekend, weather depending. Going to fit new clamps to all the boost hoses while ive got the inlet manifold off too. Looking forward to eventually refreshing the pipework, not really looking forward to removing the manifold!

Yes it gets abit tight around there! will you take the plenum off first and then the tb's?

I'm finishing up my valved exhaust system and then either onto cleaning up the underneath and fitting the new suspension/ brakes and polybushes or fitting my fmic and new battery tray. Then everything else on the list.... seems a common thing with these 'R's lol a never ending list of jobs.

6Bit quiet on here Empty Re: Bit quiet on here 3rd June 2019, 10:23 pm

mike74

mike74

I took off the whole inlet manifold so i could install new clamps on the boost pipework. In fact thats me just in from my second stint at it. Got everything done that i wanted and back together. Filled her with coolant and started it up to bleed the air out and guess what?? Coolant dripping onto the ground, even without the engine running! I managed to get my hand round the back of the engine to feel around all the new hoses i installed and all dry as a bone. No frikking idea where its coming from Sad
Going to put it up on ramps the morns night for a proper look but cant think where the hell its coming from.
I hope i dont have to take the inlet off again as that wasn't a pleasant job!

7Bit quiet on here Empty Re: Bit quiet on here 4th June 2019, 3:26 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

On dear hope it's an easy fix, sometimes it's the simplest thing thumbsup

8Bit quiet on here Empty Re: Bit quiet on here 5th June 2019, 7:25 am

shroom

shroom

What's a pulsar? Haven't drove mine in so long lol I'm into the rotary now Bylton Park next for me!

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

9Bit quiet on here Empty Re: Bit quiet on here 5th June 2019, 8:27 am

mike74

mike74

BEBB GTIR wrote:On dear hope it's an easy fix, sometimes it's the simplest thing thumbsup

*sigh*
Unfortunately its not easy to sort. I was under the car for a couple of hours last night trying in vain to fix it without having to take the manifold off again...no dice.
The large hose with the spring inside it is leaking slightly as it goes on to the water pump. Totally inaccessible from below.
After getting cuts and bruises all over my arms and being doused in about a liter of coolant I gave up and took the manifold off...in around 20 minutes! If I thought it would've taken that long I would have done that from the outset and it would have been fixed by now!! Sad
Hopefully one more stint at it today should sort it, otherwise I'm swapping the coolant out for something more flammable and installing a flamer kit into the radiator!

10Bit quiet on here Empty Re: Bit quiet on here 5th June 2019, 10:52 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^
hahaha
that manifold gets quick remove once done it few times .
I would renew all rear hoses with oem and forget about it for a decade .
You guys in UK should be use to get wet when working on the R lol :-)
Get it sorted then make it put a smile back on your face ...

11Bit quiet on here Empty Re: Bit quiet on here 5th June 2019, 7:53 pm

mike74

mike74

Lol mr B!
Wet i dont mind so much...lying in a pool of coolant, not so much!
I dont want to tempt fate but i think she's all fixed now. Got her warmed up earlier, hoses now firm, heating blowing hot and more importantly, no dripping coolant Very Happy
The run to work tomorrow will be the real test though...

12Bit quiet on here Empty Re: Bit quiet on here 5th June 2019, 9:32 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Fingers crossed mate

13Bit quiet on here Empty Re: Bit quiet on here 6th June 2019, 2:08 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^
Hopefully he done it right and do not need finger crossed or lucky charms lol :-)
Least his R out on the road as a daily driver and he willing lie in dirt and antifreeze to keep it happening thumbsup
Most leave the R on stands and drive a hondoo around loopy

14Bit quiet on here Empty Re: Bit quiet on here 6th June 2019, 7:53 am

mike74

mike74

Got it in one Mr B!
we is hard core up norf Very Happy
I'm just impressed I didn't do the work wearing my favourite mankini...it was over 6°C after all!

15Bit quiet on here Empty Re: Bit quiet on here 6th June 2019, 9:15 am

DC313

DC313

Hahah remind me to stay well away if you crack the mankini out!!

Glad you got it all sorted though! Good Effort!!

16Bit quiet on here Empty Re: Bit quiet on here 6th June 2019, 10:59 pm

wingzerojm

wingzerojm

BEBB GTIR wrote:Not many GTIR posts recently, what are people up too?

Me: fitted flocked dash, suede OMP wheel to my GTIR, leather gear gaiter/handbrake cover and centre console cover having wheels powder-coated, new Toyo tyres plus sorting little niggles all over car still plenty to do....

What are you lot up too on your GTIR's???

Yup, I agree it's been really quiet, and I check in almost everyday; well what's been up to lately, my mechanic has it going through to see what needs to be improved upon...what needs to be changed...general servicing...double checking the gearbox..all those good stuff...so just patiently awaiting her return...also been looking up stuff on ebay to get...i'm in Jamaica and have and have a US shipping address but sources are still limited...if anyone wants to be my English, Japanese or Australian source I would welcome it lol

17Bit quiet on here Empty Re: Bit quiet on here 6th June 2019, 11:03 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^
how good is shipping/postal services jamaica end ?
you get any import tax added ?

18Bit quiet on here Empty Re: Bit quiet on here 6th June 2019, 11:51 pm

wingzerojm

wingzerojm

Mr B wrote:^
how good is shipping/postal services jamaica end ?
you get any import tax added ?

Everything is taxed...unless it's stated as under USD50...but car parts are taxed regardless...extent of the tax depends on the price

19Bit quiet on here Empty Re: Bit quiet on here 7th June 2019, 1:48 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

And I was thinking Jamaica bit a bit more relaxed on import goods tax :-S

20Bit quiet on here Empty Re: Bit quiet on here 7th June 2019, 2:58 am

wingzerojm

wingzerojm

Mr B wrote:And I was thinking Jamaica bit a bit more relaxed on import goods tax :-S

nope not even close...as we say: "the struggle is real"...think next to car parts the highest importation tax is cell phones

21Bit quiet on here Empty Re: Bit quiet on here 7th June 2019, 6:24 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

If you need anything and I can help get the parts to you just ask. There is a few of us on here that try and help get bits to each other. A certain auz member to mention but 1

22Bit quiet on here Empty Re: Bit quiet on here 7th June 2019, 11:14 am

wingzerojm

wingzerojm

johnny gtir wrote:If you need anything and I can help get the parts to you just ask. There is a few of us on here that try and help get bits to each other. A certain auz member to mention but 1

Thanks much...very much...definitely puts my mind at ease...

23Bit quiet on here Empty Re: Bit quiet on here 7th June 2019, 12:08 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yeh just ask on here if after something that can be shipped, smaller stuff pretty easy mark under 50 bucks and name to hopefully avoid tax .

24Bit quiet on here Empty Re: Bit quiet on here 7th June 2019, 7:24 pm

mike74

mike74

Im leak free now, and so is the R...happy days, no more rain soaked mankini wearing for me Very Happy

25Bit quiet on here Empty Re: Bit quiet on here 7th June 2019, 8:42 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Shame, weekend scotland weather looks ideal for it :-)

have fun driving the R instead I suppose thumbsup

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum