Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Life after a pulsar

+10
shroom
Welling_AL
johnny gtir
BEBB GTIR
Cosmic73
Mr B
gtir_woody
mike74
Stugtir300
Irishlad
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Life after a pulsar  Empty Life after a pulsar 7th November 2018, 7:43 pm

Irishlad

Irishlad

For anyone who has sold their Pulsars what car did you replace it with?

2Life after a pulsar  Empty Re: Life after a pulsar 7th November 2018, 7:53 pm

Stugtir300

There is no other car like the pulsar,it makes me smile every time I drive it,I would sell the wife and kids first.they have been made well aware of that fact to.

3Life after a pulsar  Empty Re: Life after a pulsar 7th November 2018, 8:27 pm

mike74

mike74

First R i sold i replaced it with a luxury sports barge that is the skyline gtst...wasnt impressed with it tbh. Second R i sold i replaced it with an audi s2 coupe...much better car than the skybarge but parts availability and its general complexity forced me to head back screaming for another R!

4Life after a pulsar  Empty Re: Life after a pulsar 7th November 2018, 8:41 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Stugtir300 wrote:There is no other car like the pulsar,it makes me smile every time I drive it,I would sell the wife and kids first.they have been made well aware of that fact to.
 This made me laugh, good work, gotta have your priorities right Laughing

5Life after a pulsar  Empty Re: Life after a pulsar 7th November 2018, 10:14 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Stugtir300 wrote:There is no other car like the pulsar,it makes me smile every time I drive it,I would sell the wife and kids first.they have been made well aware of that fact to.
Good man, shame more people in early years not same as been better R reputation and better condition cars .

6Life after a pulsar  Empty Re: Life after a pulsar 8th November 2018, 1:18 am

Irishlad

Irishlad

I guess I'm at abit of a crossroads with my own Pulsar. I have thought about selling it in the new year but as many have said here. What the hell would you replace it with. I do love the pulsar but I'm just getting bored of it now. That's always been my issue with cars after 12 months or so I always get fed up and just sell them on. Sure I imported a turbo wagon from japan last year. And had it up for sale 3 months later.

7Life after a pulsar  Empty Re: Life after a pulsar 8th November 2018, 8:45 am

mike74

mike74

What boost you running it at mate?
If its still near standard then you're missing out as they only really come alive at +1bar boost Twisted Evil

The only thing that would be comparable size & performance IMO would be a scumbaru but you've already been there, lol!
Oh, theres also the mazda 323GTR but they're even rarer and just as much of a ball ache to work on.
I think if I ever were to get rid of mine I'd go for a Nissan 180sx X-type. I used to have an S13 years ago and have always regretted selling it  Sad

8Life after a pulsar  Empty Re: Life after a pulsar 8th November 2018, 9:15 am

Irishlad

Irishlad

It wasn't actually a Subaru I imported but a Toyota Caldina GTT. It's basically a GT4 Celica in an Avensis estate body. The pulsar is still at standard boost. I'm just terrified of blowing up the car if i up the boost. I have a brand new electronic boost controller sitting in the boot of my car ready to go in but I'm just so paranoid of blowing it up. I daily the car so if something was to go wrong I'd be in serious bother. I know the 323 Mazdas they are supposed to give serious box trouble cool cars though. I'll have a look out in the coming months and see what happens. As I said I'll keep the Pulsar until into next year anyway as I'm not rushing into anything. The s13s you had are a sweet car. The R32s are really nice too.

9Life after a pulsar  Empty Re: Life after a pulsar 8th November 2018, 9:41 am

mike74

mike74

Trust me, the difference between standard boost and 1 bar is night and day. You could set the controller to give around 1 bar on high boost and standard boost for daily driving if you were paranoid about melting it or blowing it up.
Obviously recommended to get fuelling checked out on a RR but most folk have done this on essentially stock cars without issue.
You could even try the "1 bar mod" for free and see what you think of it before hooking up the controller  Smile
I do miss my S13 a lot  Sad

10Life after a pulsar  Empty Re: Life after a pulsar 8th November 2018, 9:57 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

I can't think of any life after my Pulsar. Only a slow, sad decline into Ford ownership, ill health then death.
However a 2nd car is acceptable. My 2nd car would be a ZX coupe.

11Life after a pulsar  Empty Re: Life after a pulsar 8th November 2018, 10:37 am

Irishlad

Irishlad

I've seen people talking about the 1 bar loop thing before mike. How do you do that? I'd just be curious to see how it goes.

12Life after a pulsar  Empty Re: Life after a pulsar 8th November 2018, 11:10 am

mike74

mike74

Life after a pulsar  R_boost_controls

13Life after a pulsar  Empty Re: Life after a pulsar 8th November 2018, 12:55 pm

Irishlad

Irishlad

So just T piece those pipes together?

14Life after a pulsar  Empty Re: Life after a pulsar 8th November 2018, 2:06 pm

mike74

mike74

Connect the two pipes that go into the factory boost controller together (or replace with single piece of tubing) then hold on to your hat Dorothy!  Very Happy

15Life after a pulsar  Empty Re: Life after a pulsar 8th November 2018, 4:24 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Nothing compares to the pulsar not even the GTR, the pulsar is loud and proud and doesn't break the bank....

16Life after a pulsar  Empty Re: Life after a pulsar 8th November 2018, 9:33 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Should be no reason at all to not have a reliable car at a bar mate

Other thing to massively consider if you sell your R and regret it will you ever get one as reliable or clean for the money ?

17Life after a pulsar  Empty Re: Life after a pulsar 8th November 2018, 10:00 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Main reason people sell them is don't set them up to suit actual driving they do with it or they bought junk to start with .
I driven a lot of jap turbo cars but nothing beats an R for pure punchy power if it set up right .
Bit of money on brakes and suspension and they handle good, I sold my evo 5 for second pulsar and do really like subaru engineering but not biggest impreza junky .
I got a 89 mazda 323 4x4 rally lux B6T, pretty slow compared to a pulsar and more basic 4wd .
skyline overrated, Nissans baby R was one of it's best ...

18Life after a pulsar  Empty Re: Life after a pulsar 12th November 2018, 2:50 pm

mike74

mike74

Well, did you 1bar it then?

19Life after a pulsar  Empty Re: Life after a pulsar 13th November 2018, 1:08 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

As above - run the car at 1 bar and you'll be re-considering something new
It really is way better and much more fun than standard boost
Again - as above - if you have any concerns get the fueling checked but upping the boost sensibly should not cause you any issues at all
You'll be thinking what more boost will be like rather than what car to get next !

20Life after a pulsar  Empty Re: Life after a pulsar 14th November 2018, 3:46 am

Irishlad

Irishlad

Hi Mike haven't had a chance to do it yet. Will try get around to it this weekend.

21Life after a pulsar  Empty Re: Life after a pulsar 16th November 2018, 10:01 pm

shroom

shroom

I have had a Pulsar since I was 18 always had one since lol not that I drive it much or use it or see it but at least it's going up in value so it's re paying me for all the years of hardship

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

22Life after a pulsar  Empty Re: Life after a pulsar 27th November 2018, 9:43 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

its been a while since i didn't post something here!
i sold my first pulsar to buy a renaultsport clio, than i bought a second one and i sold it to buy a house...than children (twins, made not bought..) and so i bought a Scenic....shitty car but practical.
than i bought a Renaultsport clio 172cup and im building a R1 austin minivan...
no R on sight

23Life after a pulsar  Empty Re: Life after a pulsar 28th November 2018, 12:26 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^
No R in sight but I sure it on your mind and in your dreams ;-)
Twins ! could of sold 1 then lol :-) and kept the R :-P
scenic and a clio ! French man should know better :-)
Take care Fred ...

24Life after a pulsar  Empty Re: Life after a pulsar 28th November 2018, 12:42 pm

mike74

mike74

No R but at least you'll have an R1!!!  Twisted Evil
There's a couple of mini's round here with R1 conversions...absolutely bonkers to say the least

25Life after a pulsar  Empty Re: Life after a pulsar 28th November 2018, 2:20 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Alright lads, not been on here for long time now Embarassed

Just been busy with general life stuff and causing myself further injuries which has become a habit this past year Laughing

Life without a Pulsar.......Mmmm!

Almost 14 years i have been dealing with these cars now Shocked  
No wonder im always stressed out Laughing

Can honestly say that they are addictive piles of shite that keep you coming back again and again for more hardship, torture & pain yet when they are running well and reliable (as they possibly can be) they are great little cars to hoon around in which always put a grin on your face.

Having said that there is a bad side to them too......

1. Even at around 380-400bhp they are not as quick as a lot of the modern stuff out there today, Mainly due to far too much transmission losses with people generally quote Bhp @ fly as opposed to @the wheels ''power you are actually putting down on tarmac''.
Many modern cars will beat a Gtir round a track with less power simply because of the way they are designed, cars such as a clio 182, Honda civic, integra type R, Megane, Bmw m series etc etc the list goes on!

I wont use one on track any more as they simply are Not reliable enough at higher Bhp which you do need to compete with other cars today. Having said that i still love them for what they are and the fact that there is not many about any more.

Since i stopped using one myself as an everyday car (which i had done for years) ive replaced with these........

Initially for everyday and track use

Life after a pulsar  Gtr10
Life after a pulsar  20170810
Brilliant car and probably best car ive ever owned for both track and everyday use.
Downside.....Very expensive to own and maintain even if doing all work yourself. Speeding tickets & more speeding tickets & finally Ban Shocked Got to sell it in order to not get any further bans, just cant control my foot lol Crying or Very sad

For track use now i bought this
Supercharged type R ep3, which now looks totally different to when pic was taken
Life after a pulsar  20180910
Simply Awesome and a real handfull to drive & control

For the road i needed something less powerful to hopefully stop me from getting speeding fines / bans every month. So i bought this pussycat
Life after a pulsar  Mustan11
Life after a pulsar  Mustan10

Running around 760bhp @fly its a Roush charged Mustang,

See with this car i can do 100mph+ without actually really moving (work that out Laughing)  
This makes it a much more practical daily car to use as i can speed on the spot yoursofunny

Lots of other projects ongoing including:
Sunny Gti with pulsar engine
Micra k10 with vvl sr20 (will be supercharged)
Life after a pulsar  Micra10
Calsonic R32 restoration - which will be 1000bhp+
Rasheen ongoing project

Plus a few pulsars we are prepping for sale, but will always keep one for myself as sometimes i feel the urge to suddenly drive one again Cool

Oh and i forgot this not so little thing i bought to go to tracks etc with

13.5 ton Man Race transporter 34ft long, sleeper pod plus living area, sleeps 4 inside, kitchen, and soon to have all mod cons
Currently undergoing work / update to interior and modernise workshop in rear

Life after a pulsar  20181010

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities