Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wildwood brake help

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wildwood brake help  Empty Wildwood brake help 19th September 2014, 1:23 pm

houghy_1

Hi guys, Ive got the 280 x24 4 pot kit from wilwood.
I be git a cracked front brake disc so I'll be wanting new discs and pads. What I want to know is can I.use my midlite caliper with the 310 bell and rotor set up, even though there 310 x 21???
Is it possible or do I need a different piston?
I.git the kit from rally design years ago.
Ta.

2Wildwood brake help  Empty Re: Wildwood brake help 19th September 2014, 2:13 pm

mreguest

mreguest

I think you can use the same caliper but need a different adapter bracket to make the caliper further out from centre. Ask wilwood.

With regards to the disk being 21mm rather than 24mm, so only 3mm thinner you will have no trouble, think about how thick new brake pads are compared to how low they can get. it would only equate to 1.5mm thickness each side.

i think the 280mm front disks are off a clio sport 172/182 i believe, also some of the meganes and espaces i think, so like £50 a pair... I have the same 280mm willwood front kit. Being an american company have you noticed the front bleed nipples are 1/4" spanners! inbetween 6mm or 7mm. Me and friend had already emptied the system before realising so hammered a 7mm spanner thinner...

bleed from the top, do not bleed from the bottom!

let us know what you find out about the 310mm.

good luck!

Adam

3Wildwood brake help  Empty Re: Wildwood brake help 19th September 2014, 3:03 pm

houghy_1

Yeah most of that I know,I've not looked into exactly which Clio it would be but that would give me more options,ta
I'm.only asking cos I rang up rally designs last year and the guy I spoke to said " ooh no you can't do that there different thickness discs" to which I pointed out that both kits use the same bloody caliper. So I only wondered if they just used a different size or length piston. And 1/4" is 6.35mm by the way ;-)
I'll try n blag the bells from them and I'll sort the adaptors out myself,being a Cnc machinist ;-)

4Wildwood brake help  Empty Re: Wildwood brake help 19th September 2014, 7:11 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

The grand scenic uses 300mm x 4 stud discs ....

5Wildwood brake help  Empty Re: Wildwood brake help 19th September 2014, 7:18 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=130944520388&alt=web

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum