Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Moley's R

+8
Gl3nnGTIR
Wocka
fred05
richpulsar
GTI-R US
buckym120
nomad
pulsarmoley
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

76Moley's R - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's R 24th May 2013, 9:20 pm

buckym120

buckym120

Going to Florida with the family

77Moley's R - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's R 25th May 2013, 7:39 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Nice, well have a good time and hope to see you at one of the next meets?

78Moley's R - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's R 1st June 2013, 5:18 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Happy again Very Happy The old girl made it through the mot, just. Needs both front lower arms and the rear brakes which i knew about. Got her taxed and went for a spin. Bob your right, it did make me smile again, the engine feels smoother and that exhaust is great; not too loud when on motorways etc but has a nice rumble when you boot it. Looking forward to the sprintday now! cheers

79Moley's R - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's R 1st June 2013, 5:27 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Glad its all sorted now Pete. Mine is still off the road as cant afford fook all at the moment. Money is so tight its just not funny as I haven't driven mine for couple months now Sad but the new job is going well. So should anyone need they're cars valeting give me a shout and I am sure I can fit you all in!!!

80Moley's R - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's R 1st June 2013, 5:56 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

pulsarmoley wrote:Happy again Very Happy The old girl made it through the mot, just. Needs both front lower arms and the rear brakes which i knew about. Got her taxed and went for a spin. Bob your right, it did make me smile again, the engine feels smoother and that exhaust is great; not too loud when on motorways etc but has a nice rumble when you boot it. Looking forward to the sprintday now! cheers

haha thought you would be grinning after you drove her pete, it certainly seemed a lot quicker to me after I test drove her
that 3'' system makes quite a bit of difference on its own' couple that with the head and vroooooom Laughing

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

81Moley's R - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's R 1st June 2013, 7:32 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Im still standing by our little bet; you think 50hp gained, i think 30hp so ill look forward to the results Wink Very Happy
The back squats a fair bit now! Shocked

82Moley's R - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's R 1st June 2013, 7:41 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Wahey well done pete ..... so whats she like compared to before is it noticeabley different .

83Moley's R - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's R 1st June 2013, 8:07 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I would say not much difference below 3000rpm just feels smoother and perhaps more responsive but above that it puts you back in the seat more. With this turbo on it lacked go after 5.5k which i put down to the fact its a baby turbo, but now it pulls up to 7K+ so that free flowing elbow really does make a difference! Ok its not lightning quick but it has improved and will be perfect once its been remapped.

84Moley's R - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's R 1st June 2013, 8:30 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Glad to hear it all worked out in the end mate anything under 3 grand is tick over lol are we taking bets on the bhp output now then Very Happy

85Moley's R - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's R 1st June 2013, 9:10 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Yeah we could do, Bobs going 295-305 and im going 280-290; car was at 255hp before.
Place your bets... Laughing

Im hoping once remapped to see 300hp/310lbft and that will be with about 1.2bar.

86Moley's R - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's R 1st June 2013, 9:48 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Il go 301 - 304 ....then Very Happy

87Moley's R - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's R 1st June 2013, 10:03 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ok il go 298 at 1.2bar
with a stock tubby it would be making 320 odd easily at thay boost level

88Moley's R - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's R 1st June 2013, 10:13 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Oh yeah i forgot its got a different tubby on it .... il stick with what i first said then it should hit around the 300 mark with it pushed .

89Moley's R - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's R 2nd June 2013, 6:04 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

FFS! Evil or Very Mad Just got back from a nice drive to start bedding in the new rear brakes, pull on the drive and as im sitting there letting it calm down, smoke from bonnet. I now have an oil leak to try and sort for the sprintday. Got to try and stay focused or im gonna sell the bloody thing and buy something boring and sensible...

90Moley's R - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's R 2nd June 2013, 6:31 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

wheres it coming from pete?
was all fine the other day after I test drove her, no leaks at all

91Moley's R - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's R 2nd June 2013, 6:39 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Theres oil all over bell housing and front left corner of engine, when it cools down gonna have a look and clean up the area.

92Moley's R - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's R 2nd June 2013, 6:56 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

great for the MOT, sure you're gonna fix it easily, finger crossed!

93Moley's R - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's R 2nd June 2013, 9:14 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

may possibly just be rc gasket pete as we just used the old one you had as the last new one we had was fitted to toms engine

94Moley's R - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's R 2nd June 2013, 9:27 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Yeah its got a weep at the front as well, i always get leaks from the rc, must of changed the gasket 3 times over the years Rolling Eyes

95Moley's R - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's R 2nd June 2013, 10:42 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Do you not use sealent with the rc gasket aswell pete ?

96Moley's R - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's R 3rd June 2013, 4:32 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I have tried it once but i was told by one of the chaps i work with that the stuff i used doesnt like engine oil? Ive always used it on the stuff i work on with no issues though Suspect
Just ordered gasket from Nissan as i have always fitted a pattern one so that might be the issue, quite suprised as it was only £14; was expecting £30+. Downside is 4-6 week wait Shocked
Had a look again today and cant see the origin of the leak so doused it in brake cleaner to clear the residue. Once thats dried off ill continue the search.

97Moley's R - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's R 3rd June 2013, 4:40 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

the only time you should use sealant is around the half moon bits
no need to use sealant all over a rubber gasket.
it was smarmed in it before so we cleaned it off and just applied it around the bits that need it.
was it a patent gasket you bought pete? as the quality of those is pretty poor, not a patch on genuine Nissan ones

98Moley's R - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's R 3rd June 2013, 4:54 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Yeah it was not an original so hopefully a genuine one will cure it. Yeah i tried to be careful when applying the sealant so as not to get any inside the rocker cover.

99Moley's R - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's R 3rd June 2013, 5:12 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep guessed so but don't put any around the main gasket area as it does not need it

100Moley's R - Page 4 Empty Re: Moley's R 3rd June 2013, 6:00 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Okie doke, be a while before i get it so ill keep an eye on it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum