Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fuel lines help

+3
pulsarmoley
nomad
Pulsar Paul
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fuel lines help Empty Fuel lines help 23rd June 2013, 1:40 pm

Pulsar Paul

Pulsar Paul

Right changed my fuel pump a while ago and had no issues or a change but the car started to leak fuel in the car today Sad

Got home and pulled off the cover in the car and a hose has got a split in it!

Am I right in thinking to change the hose I have to drop the whole tank? And yes I Dnt mind the few people taking the piss lol iv never actually replaced any fuel lines as such. 

Right just had time to google it and looking on the online manual is that hose the return one back into the corner of the tank behind the drivers seat?

Fuel lines help 265DFCBD-919E-4C2B-81F7-3CF074C2CF49-16682-00000459B83D9255

My blue smurf hands are pointing to the suspect Smile

Thanks in advance

2Fuel lines help Empty Re: Fuel lines help 23rd June 2013, 3:51 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Not sure wich one it is ..... but if i remember right the lines are clipped to the tank ....is there not enough play to cut it where it is split and push it on further mate ...?

3Fuel lines help Empty Re: Fuel lines help 23rd June 2013, 4:08 pm

Pulsar Paul

Pulsar Paul

Fuel lines help 5F2B205E-2CDD-4559-9412-43321E0AA68A-17322-000004850B66A98E

Just been looking for pics of the top ofthe tank and its number 1 on thy pic only a short length the inner tube has perishesh tried cutting it back but it's the inner skin that's gone I think:(  

think I should replace all of them tho if one is that bad maybe :-/

4Fuel lines help Empty Re: Fuel lines help 23rd June 2013, 4:54 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

If your gonna go through the hassle of changing one your best of replacing them all. If the inner part of the pipe has started breaking down I wouldn't of thought it would take long to block your filter. I buggered my fuel lines when I fitted my walbro, I managed to run some new fuel lines in conduit down side of tank to the metal fuel lines. Would like to run them correctly one day...

5Fuel lines help Empty Re: Fuel lines help 23rd June 2013, 7:49 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

you could always run them in 8mm copper on inside of car Wink
then that way you dond need to remove the tank and always easy to get at then
then just cut the others out altogether

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

6Fuel lines help Empty Re: Fuel lines help 24th June 2013, 8:32 am

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

same problem here, had a look in my tank for a fuel pump, put everything back together and fuel just started pissing out the the pipe when i started Sad where does that pipe go to as i need to sort it asap?

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

7Fuel lines help Empty Re: Fuel lines help 24th June 2013, 10:50 am

Pulsar Paul

Pulsar Paul

Have a look at the big pic of the tank it's only a short length before going rigid again I'm guna decide the weekend if I'm running new lines or dropping the tank!

8Fuel lines help Empty Re: Fuel lines help 24th June 2013, 12:29 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

let me know as i need to decide myself, i assume you will need to drop the subframe a bit to get to the tank. dunno how big a job it is though

http://www.canadagtir.com/forum/general-chatter/dropping-gas-tank

9Fuel lines help Empty Re: Fuel lines help 24th June 2013, 5:01 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

When I ran mine I lowered the subframe as far as it would go down on the threads then released the tank, was just enough to get the new pipes in.

10Fuel lines help Empty Re: Fuel lines help 24th June 2013, 5:52 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

vss irvine posted on modifiers that all you need to do is disconnect brakes, prop, suspension struts, then the 4 bolts holding the subframe on then drop it, dunno whats after that lol, if its an easier job than a clutch then i dont mind and will give me the oppourtunity to underseal the rear end properly

11Fuel lines help Empty Re: Fuel lines help 24th June 2013, 6:40 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

its not a bad job  as long as the rubber mounts arn't bedded on. otherwise it can take ages to prize the subframe off.

12Fuel lines help Empty Re: Fuel lines help 24th June 2013, 6:41 pm

Pulsar Paul

Pulsar Paul

Sounds like a job for the weekend gives me a chance to check more of the car over too I guess 
Will have to bare with me but will take pics and maybe do a right up on it and if looks ok can go on here Smile

13Fuel lines help Empty Re: Fuel lines help 24th June 2013, 10:02 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

That would be good paul .... another few how to's wouldnt go a miss Wink  as said already two bolts on the bottom of the strut and caliper use a piece of string or cable tie to hold the caliper up hang it off  the strut  then diff bolts to prop ..... think there is a couple of sensors to unclip off the subframe cant remember now Embarassed

14Fuel lines help Empty Re: Fuel lines help 24th June 2013, 10:31 pm

Pulsar Paul

Pulsar Paul

I was guna do a how to with my new 6ft pry bar tho Sad
Sounds like you want me to be gentle lol

15Fuel lines help Empty Re: Fuel lines help 27th June 2013, 7:47 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

i fixed mine without dropping anything, just trimmed pipe back and used pipe connectors to connect a new piece of pipe, holding ok so far

16Fuel lines help Empty Re: Fuel lines help 29th March 2014, 3:32 pm

jamiegtir

jamiegtir

Hey thank god you lot out a pick of the fuel tank up I was wanting to put braided hoses on but was wondering if I would need to drop the tank off but lucky you've put a pick up so I could just bypass the old pipes and feed the new fuel pipe through. But I cut my bloody thumb on a clip trying to get the old pipe off lol.

17Fuel lines help Empty Re: Fuel lines help 29th March 2014, 4:11 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yes mate there is quite a few diagrams like that in the freq asked and how too section ..... what pipe are you replacing ?

18Fuel lines help Empty Re: Fuel lines help 29th March 2014, 4:56 pm

jamiegtir

jamiegtir

Cool. It was the feed pipe thought I would replace it as it's 20 odd years old and didn't trust it since there's some pressure behind it. Better safe than sorry

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum