Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Aftermarket idle air control

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Aftermarket idle air control Empty Aftermarket idle air control 5th February 2018, 8:47 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I was wondering if anyone could provide some thoughts. I was having problems with my idle control on the dyno (before the engine broke Laughing ) and im thinking it might have something to do with the piping. Keep in mind im running a single throttle body and not quads.

The first picture is my current set-up. Im thinking what could be wrong is the inlet hose into the manifold? Maybe I should use the inlet into each port on the manifold?

Aftermarket idle air control IMG_43931

Now the second thing I was thinking was the valve is back to front? there are no markings on it, so I presumed it was the right way at the time.

Aftermarket idle air control IMG_43911

I cant really find anything on google so any thoughts would be great Smile

2Aftermarket idle air control Empty Re: Aftermarket idle air control 5th February 2018, 9:07 am

mike74

mike74

So whats It actually doing wrong then, lumpy idle or stalling?
I personally wouldn't think having the valve back to front would make any difference, its not like its got multiple ports coming out to different components, just a straight through.
To eliminate this as a possible cause though you could always pipe the valve the other way round to see if its any different.
It could be that the valve is maybe too small or even sticking slightly? Have you tried actuating it by connecting it to a battery to see how it reacts?
Is it just a simple on/off type valve or is it controlled like a boost controller valve, ie with some sort of duty cycle?

3Aftermarket idle air control Empty Re: Aftermarket idle air control 5th February 2018, 9:20 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

The advice was it basically wasn't doing anything. This could also be as a result of my engine problems though.

I haven't tried testing it so that's an option, but its brand new. That's right, its controlled through my haltech. Im using a dash 6 line from in front of the throttle body to the valve.

4Aftermarket idle air control Empty Re: Aftermarket idle air control 5th February 2018, 9:44 am

mike74

mike74

It would be quick enough to try it with a battery so I'd think that was a reasonable starting point.
Hopefully its just a little sticky or needing its settings tweaked slightly Smile

5Aftermarket idle air control Empty Re: Aftermarket idle air control 5th February 2018, 10:59 am

ducie54

ducie54

Sell it and use a 2 or 3 wire like I reccomended ????

6Aftermarket idle air control Empty Re: Aftermarket idle air control 5th February 2018, 8:26 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Regardless if it’s 2 or 4 wire it should have done the job

7Aftermarket idle air control Empty Re: Aftermarket idle air control 6th February 2018, 12:53 am

ducie54

ducie54

Agreed. It's just one is more user friendly than the other.

I'll have a look at the software tonight and see if it has a test feature. Does it make a sound or vibrate?

8Aftermarket idle air control Empty Re: Aftermarket idle air control 6th February 2018, 7:23 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

ducie54 wrote:Agreed. It's just one is more user friendly than the other.

I'll have a look at the software tonight and see if it has a test feature. Does it make a sound or vibrate?

Agreed Smile

My understanding it was moving just not affecting the idle, in saying that I didn't test it myself. Now the engine is out not sure I can test it through the ecu but ill have a look also.

9Aftermarket idle air control Empty Re: Aftermarket idle air control 6th February 2018, 8:49 am

mike74

mike74

I would imagine if you applied an earth and positive to the correct wires it should at least click or move a little bit?
Can you push the plunger in with a screwdriver at all?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum