Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

aftermarket gauges

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1aftermarket gauges Empty aftermarket gauges 15th November 2017, 2:04 pm

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

im thinking of replacing the 3 centre gauges with 3 aftermarket ones. so im looking at were the sensors are installed in the bay. specifically for oil temp and oil pressure.

ive read the sticky on here with the guy thats done it where he puts oil temp in sump plug and he replaces the oil pressure switch of original gauge with his aftermarket sensor.

what i was hoping to do was buy an oil filter sandwich plate that has the 1/8 npt outlets for aftermarket gauges.
i take it i can put both gauge sensors into this if it has enough outlets and run the pair of them back to dash from there.

i was just hoping to leave the old oil pressure switch in and not mess with the sump as in sticky.

2aftermarket gauges Empty Re: aftermarket gauges 15th November 2017, 4:44 pm

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

my main question there is can i you run both temp and pressure from the sandwich plate adapter.

also forgot to mention im running an oil cooler off the sandwich plate aswell. will this affect me running oil pressure from this location?

3aftermarket gauges Empty Re: aftermarket gauges 15th November 2017, 7:18 pm

astarozna

astarozna

Usually there is only one "tap" but if you install double T "+" adaptor then technically you can run both sender from sandwich plate. Cooler is all so under same pressure so doesn't affect it. Does you're sandwich plate has thermostat built in or not?

4aftermarket gauges Empty Re: aftermarket gauges 15th November 2017, 8:06 pm

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

thanks mate.

no thermostat built in.

i have found these which say the have 4 x 1/8npt fittings.

http://rspec.co.uk/gauge-adaptors-oil-temp-pressure-adaptors-c-87_89/oil-pressuretemp-sandwich-plate-adaptor-34-unf-16-p-166.html

the only issue with that is i couldnt fit my cooler pipes to those holes as there to small. i have 10an fittings on my braided hose onto sandwich plate.

anyway if i can run both senders from plate i will keep looking

5aftermarket gauges Empty Re: aftermarket gauges 15th November 2017, 8:24 pm

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

think ive got it mate. i can use these adapters i think on my 10an braided hose.
Look at this on eBay
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F302141229016

they have the adapter threads in for the senders.
with these i dont have to mess with sandwich plate either.

let me know if im mistaken

6aftermarket gauges Empty Re: aftermarket gauges 15th November 2017, 11:22 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

thermostat is a must on oil cooler installs, OTSP1-3/4UNF plate has inbuilt stat, oil temp sensor ideally needs be in moving oil flow to give worthwhile readings, pressure sensors are easy fit in t off adaptors .

7aftermarket gauges Empty Re: aftermarket gauges 16th November 2017, 2:08 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

TOMMYPRU.GTIR wrote:think ive got it mate. i can use these adapters i think on my 10an braided hose.
Look at this on eBay
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F302141229016

they have the adapter threads in for the senders.
with these i dont have to mess with sandwich plate either.

let me know if im mistaken

I’ve used that fitting on my fuel and oil pressure sensors. Easy way when using AN fittings.

8aftermarket gauges Empty Re: aftermarket gauges 16th November 2017, 8:01 am

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

4aftermarket gauges <a href=

its a mocal sandwich plate thats come in the full kit for pulsar. if u can see pic maybe you can tell me if its got thermostat on it or not?

9aftermarket gauges Empty Re: aftermarket gauges 16th November 2017, 8:02 am

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

Screenshot_20171116_074133" alt=""/>

10aftermarket gauges Empty Re: aftermarket gauges 16th November 2017, 12:34 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yes it has thermostat but looks to of been messed with due to large amount grey silicone around it.
If that used unknown part, strip and check it as faulty stat or bits of silicone going into oil system can in worse case scenario kill an engine pretty quick .

11aftermarket gauges Empty Re: aftermarket gauges 17th November 2017, 6:51 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Is it sealer or just a nut and poor picture ? Where you seeing the sealer mate ?

12aftermarket gauges Empty Re: aftermarket gauges 17th November 2017, 11:47 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^
Looks like grey sealant oozed out from thermostat mounting .
I come across too many engines with issues traced back to poor/excessive silicone use thought it worth a casual warning so could be checked out if needs be .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum