Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Air idle control valve

+5
mike74
johnny gtir
Gostek
nomad
PartyPete
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Air idle control valve  Empty Air idle control valve 8th February 2017, 10:00 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Can some one please tell me which one is the idle control valve please as getting a price from Nissan Air idle control valve  1131AF91-E117-41C2-9689-98B045682043_zpsui2nmasn

2Air idle control valve  Empty Re: Air idle control valve 8th February 2017, 10:10 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

22660M by the look of the diagram

3Air idle control valve  Empty Re: Air idle control valve 8th February 2017, 10:18 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

nomad wrote:22660M  by the look of the diagram

Ain't that cold start device?? I'd say thing highlighted in blue - 23781m I believe Stu was looking for it other day

Air idle control valve  S14iac10

This one is for s14...

4Air idle control valve  Empty Re: Air idle control valve 8th February 2017, 10:21 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Cheers nomad....I may try cleaning it out first, see if that helps, I get high idle or no idle at all and cuts out, I'm thinking it may have something to do with that, I've been told it's had it any way

5Air idle control valve  Empty Re: Air idle control valve 8th February 2017, 10:23 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Gostek wrote:
nomad wrote:22660M  by the look of the diagram

Ain't that cold start device?? I'd say thing highlighted in blue - 23781m I believe Stu was looking for it other day

Air idle control valve  S14iac10

This one is for s14...

Best get a few more opinions incase, the parts Bloke said he wasn't sure which one it was

6Air idle control valve  Empty Re: Air idle control valve 8th February 2017, 10:32 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

PartyPete wrote:Cheers nomad....I may try cleaning it out first, see if that helps, I get high idle or no idle at all and cuts out, I'm thinking it may have something to do with that, I've been told it's had it any way

Bring it to me Saturday I'll set it on fire for you together with mine and Beata's....

7Air idle control valve  Empty Re: Air idle control valve 8th February 2017, 10:46 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

22660m is the air regulator
22662 is the aac valve
23781m is the cold start solinoid valve
Is how I see that

8Air idle control valve  Empty Re: Air idle control valve 8th February 2017, 10:50 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

AAC valve is 23781m... https://www.nengun.com/cart/

9Air idle control valve  Empty Re: Air idle control valve 9th February 2017, 7:31 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

nomad wrote:AAC valve is 23781m... https://www.nengun.com/cart/

That link just takes me to a blank page nomad?

10Air idle control valve  Empty Re: Air idle control valve 9th February 2017, 8:02 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

He is right
22662 IACV-AIR REGULATOR ADAPTER

23781M  IACV-AAC VALVE

23781M also referred to on some as the fuel injection ideal speed control valve

11Air idle control valve  Empty Re: Air idle control valve 9th February 2017, 8:53 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Air idle control valve  Screenshot_2017-02-09-08-51-58

12Air idle control valve  Empty Re: Air idle control valve 9th February 2017, 8:54 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Sorry pete thats what it was meant to show ....

13Air idle control valve  Empty Re: Air idle control valve 9th February 2017, 9:05 am

mike74

mike74

its a bit fiddly to remove that whole unit from underneath the inlet manifold (I found anyway).
You could try removing the idle screw and squirting some carb cleaner in first to see if that does anything

14Air idle control valve  Empty Re: Air idle control valve 9th February 2017, 9:44 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Iacv-aac valve 2378154C00
Get it off and test and clean it with loads of carb/throttle body cleaner and compressed air, little shot of wd40 may help.
I expect they over £200 new and likely long wait/hard source as R specific, I would try source a known good used one if yours turns out be faulty .
Worth checking ecu temp sensor signal and tps setup, what maf you got, you run without lambda ?
assume it runs fine when open throttle !?

15Air idle control valve  Empty Re: Air idle control valve 9th February 2017, 10:02 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Nissan don't sell them anymore.
You can get them on ebay for around £180 I think tho.

16Air idle control valve  Empty Re: Air idle control valve 9th February 2017, 2:49 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

weve got known good working units in stock if needed

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

17Air idle control valve  Empty Re: Air idle control valve 9th February 2017, 3:27 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Right! I'm going to try cleaning it up first and see if that helps, if not how much do you sell them for bob?

18Air idle control valve  Empty Re: Air idle control valve 9th February 2017, 9:00 pm

mc_hawkings24

200sx s14 is the same and i have one on at the moment.

19Air idle control valve  Empty Re: Air idle control valve 10th February 2017, 7:47 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ s14 200sx 180 sx silvia have different part # 2378169F10 (although first 5 important p/n digits same)
looks much same (never compared them side by side though) so interesting know it fits/works .

20Air idle control valve  Empty Re: Air idle control valve 12th February 2017, 6:54 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Well I've taken it out, stripped it completely,cleaned it and wd40'd it, put it back together and it still just cuts out after idling for a short while, the afr starts leaning out and then it just cuts out! And it's only done this since the turbo went! That's been fully rebuilt (with a bigger exhaust wheel) so what the hell could it be??? I'm going to take it for mapping next month but ideally would like to get it sorted before then.....

21Air idle control valve  Empty Re: Air idle control valve 12th February 2017, 7:39 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Vac leak?

22Air idle control valve  Empty Re: Air idle control valve 12th February 2017, 8:26 pm

mike74

mike74

I seem to remember a couple guys that removed all that idle control gubbins completely and never had any issues with stalling or dodgy idle, definitely sounds like something else is wrong. I'd tend to agree with Stu, it does sound like an air leak somewhere...maybe between turbo and maf if you've had that pipe off?

23Air idle control valve  Empty Re: Air idle control valve 12th February 2017, 8:53 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

It just seems extremely coincidental that as my turbo went this also happens...I'll check the maf to turbo pipe, I'll give the maf a good clean as well and check as much piping as possible, but I'm sure there's more to this than a leak....

24Air idle control valve  Empty Re: Air idle control valve 12th February 2017, 11:39 pm

mike74

mike74

Is it possible that while changing the turbo you knocked the dizzy cap or the dizzy itself ie timing out?

25Air idle control valve  Empty Re: Air idle control valve 13th February 2017, 6:26 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

mike74 wrote:Is it possible that while changing the turbo you knocked the dizzy cap or the dizzy itself ie timing out?

I didn't go near it tbh, I'd of thought you'd have to hit it pretty damn hard to knock the timing out wouldn't you?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum