Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rev Counter Not Working

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rev Counter Not Working Empty Rev Counter Not Working 28th January 2018, 2:57 pm

shroom

shroom

So I have had various gremlins in my R for the last few years now.

One of which was the rev counter not working. Went to the extent of swapping clocks etc to no avail tracing wiring back as had a safc fitted but everything seemed fine.

Swapped the ECU over today and the car ran like a completely different animal sounded loads better and the rev counter is working fine! Had a hunch about the ECU hence why I got another.

I haven't heard of many having to swap the ECU for this type of issue so thought it would be worth posting up.

2Rev Counter Not Working Empty Re: Rev Counter Not Working 28th January 2018, 5:12 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Interesting. Standard eco I guess. Wonder if it’s something like when the safc was put in ( was it soldered ? ) maybe the heat tracked back n caused issues. You had kid off Ecu ? Any visual clues

3Rev Counter Not Working Empty Re: Rev Counter Not Working 28th January 2018, 5:27 pm

shroom

shroom

Haven't had it off yet mate but yes looks to have originally been soldered! I noticed it when I was trying to repair the wiring I used the connectors rather than solder. So could be a real possibility.

4Rev Counter Not Working Empty Re: Rev Counter Not Working 28th January 2018, 5:55 pm

shroom

shroom

Took the lid off the old ECU and can't see anything untoward really with the naked eye.

5Rev Counter Not Working Empty Re: Rev Counter Not Working 28th January 2018, 8:54 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Maybe some dodgy wiring that’s now working once you adjusted the plug Smile

6Rev Counter Not Working Empty Re: Rev Counter Not Working 28th January 2018, 11:36 pm

shroom

shroom

gtir_woody wrote:Maybe some dodgy wiring that’s now working once you adjusted the plug Smile

Yeah I haven't got the ECU in its cradle as I have been trying to sort out the wiring so have had it unplugged and checked then re installed but didn't start working. Will do some wiggling around to see if it does anything lol

7Rev Counter Not Working Empty Re: Rev Counter Not Working 29th January 2018, 12:05 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Or could possibly have been the safc unit itself Tom causing the issue!
The wiring return to harness from safc........maybe an internal fault with the unit itself or just a bad connection on return wire.

was the safc reading rpm? if so the signal wire must have been good hense what ive said above

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum