Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone ever delete the brake booster/Servo?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anyone ever delete the brake booster/Servo? Empty Anyone ever delete the brake booster/Servo? 23rd January 2018, 7:47 am

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

A lot of my racing friends are doing this, and to be honest it doesn't feel all that much different from stock, except in really hard braking, provided your master cylinder is sized right.

I love how much space this frees up and how much cleaner it looks. I'd also love to upgrade the clutch master as well and have the Brake master reservoir Serve as the primary reservoir for both, as it shows in one of the pictures (just like BMW likes to do)

Anyone have any experience with doing this? I run 4 piston wilwoods up front and have converted to a 1" master cylinder from a usdm '98 Altima with ABS. Braking performance isn't an issue now, but I'd really like to get rid of the booster.

https://www.chasebays.com/collections/nissan-240sx-silvia-s13-s14-s15/products/chase-bays-brake-booster-eliminator-honda-nissan-mazda-mitsubishi-ae86?variant=33631463177

ducie54

ducie54

I have done this and it takes alot of work to do right.

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

ducie54 wrote:I have done this and it takes alot of work to do right.

Aye, I'm sure it does. Do you like it?

ducie54

ducie54

Yes I like how I've set mine up. I'm waiting for LINK to add distance to there software so I can do some testing with abs no and off.

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

So the people I spoke with at Chase Bays, after giving them my setup and vehicle weight, recommended that I go with the Wilwood 13/16" master cylinder, he said that's shown to be the best setup for Nissan cars with upgraded calipers.  I suppose I will have to do some testing and find out for sure.

I've deleted my ABS, so at least I don't have to worry about that.

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I know you spent alot of time on yours Nigel, do you notice a significant difference? in saying that you did alot more than just the master.

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

gtir_woody wrote:I know you spent alot of time on yours Nigel, do you notice a significant difference? in saying that you did alot more than just the master.

I also plan to use a Pro-line motorsport internal brake line kit and Wilwood adjustable prop valve, to do a brake line tuck to clean things up a bit.  Most of my original brakes lines look like crap anyway and they've already been removed when I stripped the car to the shell.  I'm one of those people who likes to have an engine compartment you could eat out of.  I've already welded up alot of holes in the firewall and shaved unnecessary things to smooth it all out, and that's where I've stopped, seeing as how I got deployed to Africa lol.  The thought of cleaning things up further with a booster eliminator really appeals to me.

ducie54

ducie54

gtir_woody wrote:I know you spent alot of time on yours Nigel, do you notice a significant difference? in saying that you did alot more than just the master.

With just the front brake upgrade and stock master I got alot of nose dive. It's hard to explain the difference but I have a track day in March I'm hopefull of recording.

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

ducie54 wrote:

With just the front brake upgrade and stock master I got alot of nose dive. It's hard to explain the difference but I have a track day in March I'm hopefull of recording.

Ohhh keen to see how it goes on the track.

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

Did you install an adjustable proportioning valve Nigel? or still using the stock one?

ducie54

ducie54

Ryaneg6freak wrote:
Did you install an adjustable proportioning valve Nigel? or still using the stock one?

I removed the stock unit and using a balance bar with different size masters front and rear.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum