Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brake setups ??

+3
gtir_woody
PartyPete
pulsarmad20
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Brake setups ??  Empty Brake setups ?? 2nd November 2017, 6:50 pm

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

Right then fellas

Im slowly putting my money pit back together / how I want it . Brakes the cheap way of upgrading them ? What do I need exactly and is it any good ? As I most proberly could get some hispec or ksports on a monthly payment scheme if I have too but there still like 1200 minimum (in euros ) ..

Any info I would be very grateful

Thanks
Sam

2Brake setups ??  Empty Re: Brake setups ?? 2nd November 2017, 7:00 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Surely some braided lines, very good brake fluid (that can deal with getting really hot) and some top notch pads I.e carbotechs? (That’s if they do them for standard gtir calipers) surely you’d be best off keeping your eyes peeled for a set of good second hand calipers?

3Brake setups ??  Empty Re: Brake setups ?? 2nd November 2017, 8:22 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Depends on what you are planning on doing with them?

4Brake setups ??  Empty Re: Brake setups ?? 2nd November 2017, 8:31 pm

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

gtir_woody wrote:Depends on what you are planning on doing with them?

stooping sounds like a plan lol

5Brake setups ??  Empty Re: Brake setups ?? 2nd November 2017, 8:34 pm

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

PartyPete wrote:Surely some braided lines, very good brake fluid (that can deal with getting really hot) and some top notch pads I.e carbotechs? (That’s if they do them for standard gtir calipers) surely you’d be best off keeping your eyes peeled for a set of good second hand calipers?

got braided lines and gd brake fluid lol maybe look for some second hand ones then

6Brake setups ??  Empty Re: Brake setups ?? 2nd November 2017, 8:50 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

How long would you monthly pay them for ?

7Brake setups ??  Empty Re: Brake setups ?? 2nd November 2017, 9:30 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Are you going into the loan business Johnny lol

8Brake setups ??  Empty Re: Brake setups ?? 2nd November 2017, 10:17 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

pulsarmad20 wrote:
gtir_woody wrote:Depends on what you are planning on doing with them?

stooping sounds like a plan lol

I don’t know why you would do that Laughing

9Brake setups ??  Empty Re: Brake setups ?? 2nd November 2017, 10:28 pm

typeritr

typeritr

If you would be willing to put a kit together yourself you could get a good set up going. I spent 1k but have Brembo front calipers (I got the brackets made up for these by a local engineering shop) new clio discs, brembo rebuild kit, rear caliper rebuild kit, new pads and discs for the rear, wheel spacers, braided caliper lines, full braided lines from the master cylinder to the front and rear. So if it is possible for you, I think that is a good deal compared to just buying a off the shelf big brake kit that only includes bigger front calipers and discs.

10Brake setups ??  Empty Re: Brake setups ?? 2nd November 2017, 10:38 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

they'll make carbotech for any backplate template you give them,

If you hands on and can source used parts easily look at
http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t4937-akebono-2pot-floating-294mm-brake-upgrade

for rear
http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t5031-brake-disks-off-another-car-that-fit-our-rear-hubs

end result with good pads is very pleasing and potentially low cost if hands on and talk time sourcing parts., with carbotechs they can handle track with ease .
Ksports are good (AP copies) but bit expensive in europe ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum