Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Speaker not working

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Speaker not working Empty Speaker not working 22nd September 2017, 8:00 am

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Came home the other day and the sound in my car went funny, I've list the front right speaker and the rear speaker I think has blown.

I've taken the door cards off and replaced the 2 front speakers but still the right hand speaker isn't working??

I've taken the head unit off but can't see and loose wires or anything...

What else would cause a single speaker not to work excluding the speaker as its new and broken wiring in the loom??

Cheers Tom

2Speaker not working Empty Re: Speaker not working 22nd September 2017, 8:08 am

mike74

mike74

Probably a break in the wiring where it passes through the large rubber grommet between body and door. Does it work if you 'hotwire' it directly onto the back of the stereo?

3Speaker not working Empty Re: Speaker not working 22nd September 2017, 8:16 am

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

I've tried the old speaker on the left side still didn't work....

4Speaker not working Empty Re: Speaker not working 22nd September 2017, 8:18 am

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

I'll have to do a continuity test when I get home, it's a bugger to thread a new wire through the door grommet Mad Mad

5Speaker not working Empty Re: Speaker not working 22nd September 2017, 9:05 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

If it's still the old wiring most likely break, some fresh wiring is a good idea anyway Smile have fun getting it through that grommet Laughing

6Speaker not working Empty Re: Speaker not working 22nd September 2017, 10:07 am

mike74

mike74

you might luck out and be able to pull the new wires through using the old ones, hopefully!

7Speaker not working Empty Re: Speaker not working 22nd September 2017, 2:19 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Yes hopefully Mike

If it's a struggle I'm just going to replace the rear speakers aswell, (as I've got the speaker mounts off a sunny) and then I've got 3 new decent speakers and leave the door speaker

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum