Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Advice a french guy please :)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Advice a french guy please :) Empty Advice a french guy please :) 6th July 2017, 10:02 am

JeanLouisCrochet

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and i'm french so excuse me if there are some mistakes.

I spotted a Nissan Sunny GTI-R for sale not far from where i live, I went to see the car yesterday and it looks pretty good from the outside (good paint but not perfect, no visible rust), the inside is nearly as new and the engine bay was clean.

However, the seller told me that there is a problem, when he took it back from the mechanic, the oil light warning turned it on.
He doesn't seem to know what the problem is even if he told me it could be the oil pomp that need to be changed or maybe the
crankshaft bearings.

He also told me that in his opinion the car isn't making the power it should be.

Do you have any idea of what the problem could be ?
What should be changed (at least) to make it work safelly ?

I don't know this car very well yet, it's difficult to find french forums that talk about it.

Thank you for your help and advices ! / Merci pour votre aide et vos conseils !

Have a great day. / Passez une bonne journée.

2Advice a french guy please :) Empty Re: Advice a french guy please :) 6th July 2017, 10:17 am

mike74

mike74

Hi there  Smile

Without hearing the engine running or seeing any of the gauges its difficult to say whats wrong with it. It MIGHT be as simple as the oil pressure switch/wiring to it has died and triggered the light. It MIGHT be the oil pressure relief valve on the oil pump has some crap in it and has jammed open...it might be the oil pump is toast or indeed the bottom end has had it. If there's no knocking or other funny noises when the engine's running that would point to something simple like the sender. You won't know until you hear it running and see what sort of oil pressure registers on the gauge.

The lack of power could be a hundred different things unfortunately. IF the bottom end isn't noisy then sorting the power issue should be relatively easy to fix. That's probably just a sensor or wiring needing fixed or maybe even just the ignition timing needing set. The best thing to do is have a search for fault code reading on hear and bring a bit of wire or a paperclip with you when you view the car. It takes literally 30 seconds to do and could tell you a lot about what you're getting into...

Sorry I cant be of more assistance but I'm sure you can appreciate remote diagnosis is difficult. Others will chime in soon I'm sure to offer other pearls of wisdom to you.

cheers for now,

mike

3Advice a french guy please :) Empty Re: Advice a french guy please :) 6th July 2017, 11:04 am

JeanLouisCrochet

Thanks for your quick answer !

The seller start it up and it seems to run quite good, there were few little clicks but the engine was cold so i don't know if it still clicks when it's hot.

How could read the fault codes ?

Thank you very much for your help Smile

Alex

4Advice a french guy please :) Empty Re: Advice a french guy please :) 6th July 2017, 11:18 am

mike74

mike74

in here mate:

http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t81-ecu-fault-code-check

5Advice a french guy please :) Empty Re: Advice a french guy please :) 6th July 2017, 11:23 am

JeanLouisCrochet

mike74 wrote:in here mate:

http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t81-ecu-fault-code-check

Great thanks !

6Advice a french guy please :) Empty Re: Advice a french guy please :) 6th July 2017, 11:46 am

mike74

mike74

Remember that these engines run solid tappets, so they can tick a little when idling. As long as the ticking isn't too bad then its probably nothing to worry about. The injectors can be quite loud too  Very Happy

7Advice a french guy please :) Empty Re: Advice a french guy please :) 6th July 2017, 12:01 pm

JeanLouisCrochet

The tick wasn't loud, even quite discreet Smile

About gauges, the seller told me that the Turbo one was running ok (0.6b i think) but he didn't told me about the oil pressure one...

There wasn't any color or strange smell in the exhaust gaz.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum