Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brand new gearbox and transfer box!

+4
gtir_woody
nomad
Hardy172cup
Stu
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Brand new gearbox and transfer box! Empty Brand new gearbox and transfer box! 12th March 2015, 10:21 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I've found a brand new unused Gtir gearbox with the transfer box attached for £200! affraid but there's a problem, it's located in Japan and the webpage it all in Japanese Rolling Eyes

2Brand new gearbox and transfer box! Empty Re: Brand new gearbox and transfer box! 12th March 2015, 10:26 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Google translate? Find a company that ship goods from japan and ask them to mediate for you. Might cost another £100 or £200 but woukd be worth it for a new setup.

3Brand new gearbox and transfer box! Empty Re: Brand new gearbox and transfer box! 12th March 2015, 10:28 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

It's definately worth looking into. I need to get my gearbox sorted on my car so if I could get this shipped for the right money it might be worth getting!

4Brand new gearbox and transfer box! Empty Re: Brand new gearbox and transfer box! 12th March 2015, 10:30 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

And remember the arse raping import duty aswell as....

5Brand new gearbox and transfer box! Empty Re: Brand new gearbox and transfer box! 12th March 2015, 10:32 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Ye I though about that nomad. What we talking on £200? Will it be about £40 for a guess?

6Brand new gearbox and transfer box! Empty Re: Brand new gearbox and transfer box! 12th March 2015, 10:35 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Here she is I love you
Brand new gearbox and transfer box! E38E788E-3B9B-4838-A87E-435D38F1E1F8

7Brand new gearbox and transfer box! Empty Re: Brand new gearbox and transfer box! 12th March 2015, 10:39 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I've translated the web page and it says in the description it's not brand new. Shame, would of been nice to get a new one for that price!

8Brand new gearbox and transfer box! Empty Re: Brand new gearbox and transfer box! 12th March 2015, 10:46 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I have also found a few of those little scale model Gti-R's that sell for a fortune ranging from £5 to about £20 in Japan!

9Brand new gearbox and transfer box! Empty Re: Brand new gearbox and transfer box! 12th March 2015, 10:58 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Is there like a main auction site that Japenese people use or something? Stupid question I know, where do people find these things cheap in Japan etc?

10Brand new gearbox and transfer box! Empty Re: Brand new gearbox and transfer box! 12th March 2015, 11:02 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

There's a Japanese ebay but it's literally all in Japanese so good luck actually searching for something. I'm sure there used to be a website that was an English webpage for ebay Japan so English speaking users could search and bid for things but it doesn't seem like it's there anymore.

I found that gearbox on some kind of auction site in Japan through Google

11Brand new gearbox and transfer box! Empty Re: Brand new gearbox and transfer box! 12th March 2015, 11:07 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Ahh yeah, that's unfortunate then. I know some people have used yahoo Japan or something in the past. Alright, off too learn japanese now Laughing

12Brand new gearbox and transfer box! Empty Re: Brand new gearbox and transfer box! 12th March 2015, 11:09 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I would love to be able to speak Japanese, I would get myself some good bargains that's for sure Laughing

13Brand new gearbox and transfer box! Empty Re: Brand new gearbox and transfer box! 12th March 2015, 11:10 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Wiegh it up though bill probably still not a bad price for the both obviously your still taking a chance on how good it is ....

14Brand new gearbox and transfer box! Empty Re: Brand new gearbox and transfer box! 13th March 2015, 9:24 am

shroom

shroom

I personally wouldn't touch it,

I think the problem is just because it is over in Japan it makes people think its going to be better than something over here. Japanese car enthusiasts are just as bad if not worse so the gearbox could have been ragged to death just like the rest and once its come over its going to be difficult to send it back Laughing I would just use Bob much easier, and it keeps it in the community.

have you seen some of the imports and what the stupid bastards have done putting dinner plate shift pods and a piss stained bride seat on the drivers side Laughing obviously that's not always the case.

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

15Brand new gearbox and transfer box! Empty Re: Brand new gearbox and transfer box! 13th March 2015, 11:06 am

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

I've imported some parts from Japan but sometimes its not worth it, parts there are cheaper but the shipping is a killer, and when you get a customs charge to pay you end up paying roughly the same amount for the item that you would of paid in the UK. Only things that i would get from japan now are rare nismo bits etc

16Brand new gearbox and transfer box! Empty Re: Brand new gearbox and transfer box! 13th March 2015, 11:28 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

If it was brand new then I would definately be looking at getting it shipped over but it's not worth it for second hand, by the time it gets here it probably would cost more than just getting a known good one from someone like bob. I was actually trying to find rare parts and optional extras when I stumbled across the box

17Brand new gearbox and transfer box! Empty Re: Brand new gearbox and transfer box! 13th March 2015, 12:35 pm

Whytie

Whytie

Bob not got any spare boxes you could pick up being local?

I've got a few good ones if your stuck, inc one with a fresh rebuild 1500 miles on it

18Brand new gearbox and transfer box! Empty Re: Brand new gearbox and transfer box! 13th March 2015, 12:39 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Whytie wrote:Bob not got any spare boxes you could pick up being local?

I've got a few good ones if your stuck, inc one with a fresh rebuild 1500 miles on it

I'm not actually local to bob, I'm in the Midlands near Nottingham.

I've actually hot another box say in my garage but it's untested so have no idea what it's going to be like so would be a gamble to fit

19Brand new gearbox and transfer box! Empty Re: Brand new gearbox and transfer box! 16th March 2015, 10:05 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

I'd spend a bit of money getting yr spare one checked out and new bearings fitted Bill. Should be cheaper than buying another box

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum