Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gearbox transfer box oil seal.

+2
Mr B
MartyMG
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gearbox transfer box oil seal. Empty Gearbox transfer box oil seal. 28th March 2015, 3:26 pm

MartyMG

MartyMG

Hi, I'm arranging for a local garage to fit my new clutch so I can get her back on the road. The last time a clutch was done the mechanic mentioned there was an oil seal between the gearbox & transfer box which was advisable to replace as it could allow gear oil to move between the two. I tried my local Nissan parts dept but they peered at their screens & scratched their heads & couldn't identify the part i requested. Anyone here know the oil seal im after or maybe even the part number so i can go back & put them straight?!
Cheers!

2Gearbox transfer box oil seal. Empty Re: Gearbox transfer box oil seal. 28th March 2015, 8:02 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

33111-56E00  around £10 price range

Gearbox transfer box oil seal. Tran_seal

3Gearbox transfer box oil seal. Empty Re: Gearbox transfer box oil seal. 28th March 2015, 8:25 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Top man mr b thumbsup

4Gearbox transfer box oil seal. Empty Re: Gearbox transfer box oil seal. 28th March 2015, 8:29 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I'll add the driveshaft seals & shift selector seal/boot part numbers in gearbox section when I got 5 minutes seems a few posts recently been linked to them .

5Gearbox transfer box oil seal. Empty Re: Gearbox transfer box oil seal. 28th March 2015, 8:33 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Its probably due to so many having gearbox issues lately fuming i guess it age of them now putting the nail in the coffin ...

6Gearbox transfer box oil seal. Empty Re: Gearbox transfer box oil seal. 28th March 2015, 8:39 pm

MartyMG

MartyMG

Cheers Mr B! I'm not sure how familiar the workshop is with the R but I best get all the bits so the job is done as thoroughly as possible. Numbers for the other parts you mentioned would be much appreciated for a raid on Nissan's parts dept!

7Gearbox transfer box oil seal. Empty Re: Gearbox transfer box oil seal. 28th March 2015, 8:39 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yeh a lot of these boxes done like 80k to 100K+ and most of that is hard driving as nothing more fun that notching through the gears in an R
Picking up spare boxes is risky these days too, few years ago not so bad as cheaper plus more chance of finding lower mileage salvage that worth the gamble.

8Gearbox transfer box oil seal. Empty Re: Gearbox transfer box oil seal. 28th March 2015, 8:43 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

MartyMG wrote:Cheers Mr B! I'm not sure how familiar the workshop is with the R but I best get all the bits so the job is done as thoroughly as possible. Numbers for the other parts you mentioned would be much appreciated for a raid on Nissan's parts dept!
A lot of Nissan part staff are lazy swines, no idea why the struggle with part numbers as their resources should be better than ours lol .
Keep an eye in gearbox section as will add thread with more seal numbers, maybe tomorrow if got time.

9Gearbox transfer box oil seal. Empty Re: Gearbox transfer box oil seal. 28th March 2015, 8:55 pm

MartyMG

MartyMG

Much obliged dude!! you the man

10Gearbox transfer box oil seal. Empty Re: Gearbox transfer box oil seal. 28th March 2015, 10:32 pm

gtir350

Yep, Just fitted one after swapping my x-fer box ( that was fun )
33111-56E00

11Gearbox transfer box oil seal. Empty Re: Gearbox transfer box oil seal. 28th March 2015, 10:39 pm

gtir350

38342-56E00 passenger side

33142-56E00 drivers side

12Gearbox transfer box oil seal. Empty Re: Gearbox transfer box oil seal. 29th March 2015, 4:35 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ you beat me to it:-)

link below for new post in gearbox section on all common seals on gearbox & transfer box with diagrams >
http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t4787-gearbox-transfer-box-oil-seals#71795

13Gearbox transfer box oil seal. Empty Re: Gearbox transfer box oil seal. 29th March 2015, 9:24 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

As an advisory
Tell the garage thats doing it to run a bead of sealant around the outer perimiter of the seal, The alluminium part of casing mating face where the 2 meet Seals meet
Even if the seal does leak there is nowhere for oil to escape to so its a second barrier if you like.

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

14Gearbox transfer box oil seal. Empty Re: Gearbox transfer box oil seal. 29th March 2015, 11:57 am

MartyMG

MartyMG

Cheers for that info Bob! thumbsup

15Gearbox transfer box oil seal. Empty Re: Gearbox transfer box oil seal. 29th March 2015, 12:12 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ the inner seal is same part transfer side & gearbox side. If leaking a lot worth checking bearings. Wouldn't go replacing to many seals if they not leaking as gets expensive & money best spent wisely on the R .

16Gearbox transfer box oil seal. Empty Re: Gearbox transfer box oil seal. 11th April 2020, 11:59 pm

typeritr

typeritr

Have a question about an oil seal so posting it here rather than starting a new thread.

I had the front diff out and when refitting it I damaged the oil seal right at the end of the input shaft on the passenger side. The little spring in the seal must have come out somehow and i never realised it, when putting the input shaft back in it got caught on the spring destroyed the spring and tore a bit of rubber seal.
I had a few spare parts of a gearbox lying around so i looked it up. The seal seems to be inside what I can only describe some type of differential on the passenger side. I cant seem to identify it in the diagram above.
Does anybody know the seal i am on about? If you remove the passenger side drive shaft, then remove the differential shaft. If you look in the hole of the passenger side drive shaft, the seal is probably about 7cm in there.

How important is that seal? or what oil is it stopping moving to where?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum