Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stock engine track day..

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stock engine track day.. Empty Stock engine track day.. 23rd April 2017, 12:54 am

R-Thing

R-Thing

I know this is a typical how long is a piece of string question but how many of you have ran stock R's on the track ?

Mines got stock internals running 369bhp, Love to take it on track, I'm open to rebuilding it anyway, but be nice to know it can go through a track day with the stock internals.

Also if any of you track it with stock internals, What boost was you running ? How many laps etc before you pulled out for a breather.. Or any tips.. Very likely I'll be putting mine on a trailer to get mapped as it's been sat a while and straight to the track.

Thanks in advance.

http://Www.removalremedy.co.uk

2Stock engine track day.. Empty Re: Stock engine track day.. 23rd April 2017, 7:13 am

ben15476

ben15476

I am not an expert on the pulsar but I would imagine taking it on track is like any other engine.

Make sure everything is tip top with the car. Warm it up properly before going on track, take it easy on the first lap to warm up brakes, tyres etc, then cool it down properly (dont just turn it off as everything just boils).

Dont expect to thrash it all day without regular breaks, both you and the car need it!

Ohh....and good luck....you need that Very Happy

What track you thinking of doing?

3Stock engine track day.. Empty Re: Stock engine track day.. 23rd April 2017, 7:30 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

As above a good map right oil keep a eye on temps and you will be fine maybe 5-6 laps as ben says a steady one to start and steady last one. Depending on track

If bob sees this I am sure he will give you a few pointers. Sure that white car he had was stock internals and he done 4/5 I know of and car was fine

4Stock engine track day.. Empty Re: Stock engine track day.. 23rd April 2017, 7:32 am

ben15476

ben15476

You coming out to play soon Johnny?

5Stock engine track day.. Empty Re: Stock engine track day.. 23rd April 2017, 7:36 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Buying a bike and then a dc5 for track days. I only had 16 days home this year with work so the R's are untouched. Hence no ring trip either this year

6Stock engine track day.. Empty Re: Stock engine track day.. 23rd April 2017, 7:37 am

ben15476

ben15476

Sad Shame

7Stock engine track day.. Empty Re: Stock engine track day.. 23rd April 2017, 7:42 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

It's good job u pass me on first corner anyways. Had some crazy moments when I done Bedford in my wide arch one

8Stock engine track day.. Empty Re: Stock engine track day.. 23rd April 2017, 7:44 am

ben15476

ben15476

Maybe not any more mate, now I am have an affair with a French bitch!

9Stock engine track day.. Empty Re: Stock engine track day.. 23rd April 2017, 7:58 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I so I hear she is a good one so I hear but just like the rest a greedy bitch

10Stock engine track day.. Empty Re: Stock engine track day.. 23rd April 2017, 8:13 am

ben15476

ben15476

Yep, just like the rest....Expensive and loves black rubber!

11Stock engine track day.. Empty Re: Stock engine track day.. 23rd April 2017, 11:20 am

R-Thing

R-Thing

Thanks for the replies, Be good to hear from Bob as he's gonna be mapping my car ( he just doesn't know it yet lol )

I know the basics of warming up track days etc, main focus was how much abuse the stock internals can handle and what's a more reliable boost to run around on. Most likely be heading to Snetterton as I've done both car and bike their.

12Stock engine track day.. Empty Re: Stock engine track day.. 23rd April 2017, 11:57 am

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

369 hp this won't be on standard turbo and and boost pressure will vary depending on size (you'll get 350hp on 1.5 bat on gt2871r or on 1.2bar on gt30 - just example). So quite difficult to say what would be safe boost without knowing size of your turbo bud. Anyway post some pics... people here love some pics Very Happy

13Stock engine track day.. Empty Re: Stock engine track day.. 23rd April 2017, 4:55 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

How old is the lump rough miles etc ?

14Stock engine track day.. Empty Re: Stock engine track day.. 23rd April 2017, 4:58 pm

R-Thing

R-Thing

Stock engine track day.. E3e73611

Stock engine track day.. Img_4310

It used to look pretty, now it's not so pretty... It's about 80k miles, Been owned by previous forum owners so always been looked after etc.. Got plenty supporting mods so not just a plain stock engine off the block.

Not sure if these pictures will send I'm using a mobile.

15Stock engine track day.. Empty Re: Stock engine track day.. 23rd April 2017, 5:00 pm

R-Thing

R-Thing

Will try and find what turbo it's running as I've owned it near enough 8+ years now and I've not touched anything mod wise... besides 4pots, twin departure and smaller wheels.

16Stock engine track day.. Empty Re: Stock engine track day.. 23rd April 2017, 5:02 pm

R-Thing

R-Thing

Stock engine track day.. Dsc01311

17Stock engine track day.. Empty Re: Stock engine track day.. 23rd April 2017, 5:11 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Get it back to that condition please remember this car very nice deserves better mate lol Who is the 35

18Stock engine track day.. Empty Re: Stock engine track day.. 23rd April 2017, 5:59 pm

R-Thing

R-Thing

johnny gtir wrote:Get it back to that condition please remember this car very nice deserves better mate lol Who is the 35

Absolutely mate, Unfortunately after moving house and lack of parking meant it was parked in a garden under a tree, after the cover got blown over it was a good few months till I went to start it and saw the rough state it was in. Will return to former glory soon.

35 belongs to the brother, 650bhp. Haven't lined up against it yet but soon as I'm mapped I'll have a video.

19Stock engine track day.. Empty Re: Stock engine track day.. 23rd April 2017, 6:06 pm

ben15476

ben15476

R-Thing wrote:
johnny gtir wrote:Get it back to that condition please remember this car very nice deserves better mate lol Who is the 35

Absolutely mate, Unfortunately after moving house and lack of parking meant it was parked in a garden under a tree, after the cover got blown over it was a good few months till I went to start it and saw the rough state it was in. Will return to former glory soon.

35 belongs to the brother, 650bhp. Haven't lined up against it yet but soon as I'm mapped I'll have a video.

You may need a few more ponies under the bonnet before you take on the 35!

20Stock engine track day.. Empty Re: Stock engine track day.. 23rd April 2017, 6:16 pm

R-Thing

R-Thing

ben15476 wrote:
R-Thing wrote:

You may need a few more ponies under the bonnet before you take on the 35!

That's the sad truth, I did his stock 34 gtr a few years back and he wasn't happy.. Till the cars back on the road I'm gonna bark like a chihuahua, sure I'll find an excuse by then.

21Stock engine track day.. Empty Re: Stock engine track day.. 23rd April 2017, 6:23 pm

ben15476

ben15476

I think chris's pulsar was around 500 when I was keeping up with my 35. Suspect it might have gone pop now though....

22Stock engine track day.. Empty Re: Stock engine track day.. 23rd April 2017, 6:48 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Just quarter Mile against the 35 I have videos of Chris's doing a powerful one more than once.

Bloody 35 owners think there all that lol
( they are in a different league but I never said that)

23Stock engine track day.. Empty Re: Stock engine track day.. 23rd April 2017, 7:07 pm

ben15476

ben15476

Funny thing I that I have just as much fun in the Clio! 35 is a monster on track though...

24Stock engine track day.. Empty Re: Stock engine track day.. 23rd April 2017, 7:16 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Know where your coming from power ain't everything. NA cars are different kind of fun. Within reason cheaper cars less risk if worst happens etc etc.

Ps it was not me who negative repped you

25Stock engine track day.. Empty Re: Stock engine track day.. 23rd April 2017, 7:28 pm

ben15476

ben15476

Ha, didn't even know I had been! Tell them to get to the back of the queue!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum