Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

winter hibernation

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1winter hibernation  Empty winter hibernation 5th October 2015, 2:00 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

I have decided to take my pulsar off the road over winter.
The gearbox needs a check over and clean and i need to replace all fluids so thought while its on axle stands i may aswel sort other things out too and take the car off the road while doing it all.
So today i sorn the old girl.

2winter hibernation  Empty Re: winter hibernation 5th October 2015, 2:12 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats how mine started stu 3yrs later lol

3winter hibernation  Empty Re: winter hibernation 5th October 2015, 3:01 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Haha hopefully mine wont be parked up that long Leighton Laughing
We will see tho Smile

4winter hibernation  Empty Re: winter hibernation 5th October 2015, 4:22 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

My wide arch one is getting refresh over winter. But I done gear box myself for the first time Eva sat after work. Got a few hours on Sunday before I had to go somewhere all in all 80% done. Was quite pleased how long it's took. Done it lots but normally have a mate help. All done on the floor as normall. Me mam done the jack and handed me few tools bless her. Got shit loads to do and go on it so it will be long cold winter but excited for next year

5winter hibernation  Empty Re: winter hibernation 5th October 2015, 4:28 pm

Supernova

Mines off the road the tax run out at the end of september so she'll be hibernating over the winter.

I don't have a garage to keep her in though so I need to buy a decent car cover.

6winter hibernation  Empty Re: winter hibernation 5th October 2015, 5:15 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

johnny gtir wrote:My wide arch one is getting refresh over winter. But I done gear box myself for the first time Eva sat after work. Got a few hours on Sunday before I had to go somewhere all in all 80% done. Was quite pleased how long it's took. Done it lots but normally have a mate help. All done on the floor as normall. Me mam done the jack and handed me few tools bless her. Got shit loads to do and go on it so it will be long cold winter but excited for next year
I didnt have anyone to give me a chuck. But i have done it quite a f3w times now so its straight forward. Just messy. I need to give the engine. Gearbox and engine bay a wash while its off the road lol

Supernova wrote:Mines off the road the tax run out at the end of september so she'll be hibernating over the winter.

I don't have a garage to keep her in though so I need to buy  a decent car cover.
I havent got a garage either. Cars stay outside all the time anyways so dont see the point in buying a cover to hold the damp in..

7winter hibernation  Empty Re: winter hibernation 5th October 2015, 6:00 pm

Supernova

A decent cover is a good investment in my eyes. I have a mk1 Golf thats been under a cheap cover for the last 3 years and it hasn't done it any harm.

My thoughts are to keep the majority of the rain, fallout, bird shit ect as I can from causing deterioration. At least that's what I tell myself.

8winter hibernation  Empty Re: winter hibernation 5th October 2015, 6:22 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Supernova wrote:A decent cover is a good investment in my eyes. I have a mk1 Golf thats been under a cheap cover for the last 3 years and it hasn't done it any harm.

My thoughts are to keep the majority of the rain, fallout, bird shit ect as I can from causing deterioration. At least that's what I tell myself.
I hadn't really thought that deap into it mate.
You have a good point there with what you say!
I don't plan on keeping it off road for too long so won't be investing in one. But you have got me thinking more about them.

9winter hibernation  Empty Re: winter hibernation 5th October 2015, 6:24 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I got a cheap cover cost me 15 quid its breathable material although it protects it for some rain it does get moisture underneath it keeps all the bird shit and general rubbish off wich is what i wanted it for ...

10winter hibernation  Empty Re: winter hibernation 5th October 2015, 6:26 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

When i had my mk1 golf karmann cariolet i had that under a breathable cover. Thats going back 10 years or so.
And the damp was awful.

11winter hibernation  Empty Re: winter hibernation 5th October 2015, 6:33 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Yea trouble I have stu is time mate it gets done like there just stopped now i am back  at work weekends gone been out for a hour in dark n wet 
If I had full weekend when it was daylight n dry it would of been done

12winter hibernation  Empty Re: winter hibernation 5th October 2015, 6:35 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I wouldnt of thought it was a good idea with a ragtop stu with the breathable covers i figured it was just better than leaving it out totally to the elements ...

13winter hibernation  Empty Re: winter hibernation 5th October 2015, 6:58 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

johnny gtir wrote:Yea trouble I have stu is time mate it gets done like there just stopped now i am back  at work weekends gone been out for a hour in dark n wet 
If I had full weekend when it was daylight n dry it would of been done
Its like that for me too Johnny. Only im tied down with the kids. The amount of times i get under the car and hear daaaaad. Grrrr lol
I used to do it in all weathers. But now im to old for that. So it will only be done if its dry haha

nomad wrote:I wouldnt of thought it was a good idea with a ragtop stu  with the breathable covers i figured it was just better than leaving it out totally to the elements  ...
I guess you're right mate.
Im hoping to get mine in the body shop soon to have the arches sorted at long last.

14winter hibernation  Empty Re: winter hibernation 5th October 2015, 7:09 pm

I'll be taken by mine off the road soon tax runs out next morning next month but can't imagine I'll drive it much more before it runs out

15winter hibernation  Empty Re: winter hibernation 5th October 2015, 7:18 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

robd wrote:I'll be taken by mine off the road soon tax runs out next morning next month but can't imagine I'll drive it much more before it runs out
I havent driven mine in 3 or 4 weeks and now the gearbox is out i thought i would just sorn it. The tax i pay monthly. I have only just payed my monthly payment too. Could have saved myself £20 if i had decided to do it last week lol

16winter hibernation  Empty Re: winter hibernation 5th October 2015, 7:59 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Sad news Stu, but take the time to get everything sorted Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum