Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boost pipe bead roller ideas

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Boost pipe bead roller ideas Empty Boost pipe bead roller ideas 23rd November 2016, 2:23 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I know many home made bead rollers but 2 of the cheap & pretty simple ones that do give good results especially on ally pipe are pictured below.

The famous vise grip & exhaust clamp & washer welded on >
Boost pipe bead roller ideas Visegrip_beader
this can do some quite decent beads on ally if radius edge of clamp and thick washer nicely. light smear of grease on outer side of pipe tends reduce tool marking.
If mod it bit more you could weld a flat thick plate with 2 threaded holes to vise grip then have the exhaust bracket bolt on with 2 short socket screws so can change between say 2" 2.5" 3" and 3.5" brackets .

washers to make your bead dies >
Boost pipe bead roller ideas Bead_roller
seen some done similar with thick flat plate & tubing using bolts with washers, i'm going do one assembly built off a old drill press vice clamp rather than working off bench vise jaws.
Work well and can use a socket and t-bar or ratchet as handle so super cheap & easy fabricate, more so if build off vise using jaw plate mounting holes. if got a lathe turning some dies creates a pretty pro bead roller on this simple design.

Burrows done a cool ball bearing one for smaller pipes (fuel hard-lines) if look in his build topic, similar idea to earls eazy beaders.
EDIT: link to Mr Burrows tool >
http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t5702-fuel-pipe-bulging-tool-thing

Last edited by Mr B on 24th November 2016, 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

2Boost pipe bead roller ideas Empty Re: Boost pipe bead roller ideas 23rd November 2016, 6:25 pm

Whytie

Whytie

I use the vice grip and exhaust clamp, it does do the job when needed.

2nd one looks interesting

3Boost pipe bead roller ideas Empty Re: Boost pipe bead roller ideas 23rd November 2016, 6:26 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Pretty cool idea ... seems relativley easy to make up aswell goodpost

4Boost pipe bead roller ideas Empty Re: Boost pipe bead roller ideas 23rd November 2016, 6:42 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yeh pretty simple and cheap, can use vise grip without welding and mount exhaust clamp in vise by ends and washer over nose of pliers so no welding but modded and welded they produce neater beads and bit quicker use.
Second one done well is as good as most £100+ pipe bead rollers on ally pipe. seen few based around that idea in small back alley garage and custom shops here.

5Boost pipe bead roller ideas Empty Re: Boost pipe bead roller ideas 23rd November 2016, 8:24 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

First one is a really simple idea, I haven't seen that before. I used a similar design to second that my mate fabricated up, worked really well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum