Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boost pipe

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Boost pipe Empty Boost pipe 28th September 2014, 3:17 pm

I have fitted my turbo gr3071 with the smaller housing, the bit where my boost pipe connects to and then goes straight to the front right off the car which I would pressure would be the fmic, well that bit off the turbo is touching the radiator as I don't even have enough room to put the radiator fans on, can I mount the radiator on the front off the membrane instead off where it is usually mounted,

2Boost pipe Empty Re: Boost pipe 28th September 2014, 6:46 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You need to rotate the turbo housing if i understand what your saying is correct .... ?????

3Boost pipe Empty Re: Boost pipe 28th September 2014, 8:39 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Yes loosen the compressor housing bolts and rotate the housing as Leighton said.
Make sure you torque the bolts up evenly though or you could risk the compressor wheel being damaged

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

4Boost pipe Empty Re: Boost pipe 29th September 2014, 8:28 am

Ok i will give it another go but my mate said where he had extended the standard actuator that he can't adjust the housing anymore I will double check and get some pictures to help as I don't know exactly what I'm on about lol, thanks though, also do you know best place to get boost pipes?

5Boost pipe Empty Re: Boost pipe 29th September 2014, 9:23 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Post some pics Smile

I had the same problem on a previous turbo and actuator. I actually had to extend the rod and mount the actuator from one of the gearbox housing bolts if that makes sense.

6Boost pipe Empty Re: Boost pipe 29th September 2014, 9:24 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

And that turbo was a 3076 from memory Smile

7Boost pipe Empty Re: Boost pipe 29th September 2014, 10:23 am

Yeah I will get some pics taken today and send them to Leighton to post seeing as he is such a nice person lol , my mate did it off the housing and extended it but he said I cant turn the housing around cause off how the actuator needs to sit so I gotta have a look and see what else I can do, did you find it lake ages to kick in with the 3076 or did you have the smaller housing one and it spooled up faster ??

8Boost pipe Empty Re: Boost pipe 21st October 2014, 6:24 pm

Forgot how to post pics in this lol, but I have a pic off what I mean in members gtir

9Boost pipe Empty Re: Boost pipe 21st October 2014, 7:44 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Its the same deane just copy the link and post in the box where you write mate ...

10Boost pipe Empty Re: Boost pipe 21st October 2014, 7:58 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Boost pipe 7F61AF97-689A-4323-9901-7C2B10972D2B_zpsavfscrdn

11Boost pipe Empty Re: Boost pipe 21st October 2014, 8:28 pm

Yeah I did but only link come up not a straight picture like yours just did , yeah that's the pipe I said I needed anyway lol, also I can't turn the hosing around as the actuator won't touch either side then, best way to get around it, any ideas ???

12Boost pipe Empty Re: Boost pipe 21st October 2014, 8:37 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You want the link that starts with .... img thats the one that will auto load the pic on the page mate ....

13Boost pipe Empty Re: Boost pipe 21st October 2014, 8:40 pm

GTIR James

Looks like the compressor needs spinning round & the actuator mounting on the other 2 bolts if that makes sense

14Boost pipe Empty Re: Boost pipe 21st October 2014, 8:41 pm

Yeah it does need spining around but the actuator bracket won't fit if I turn it around anymore, ok Leighton got you sound easy enough,

15Boost pipe Empty Re: Boost pipe 21st October 2014, 9:03 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

On my old turbo I wasn't able to use then next bolt holes as the offset was wrong. I wish I still had pics of my old actuator setup for you deane

16Boost pipe Empty Re: Boost pipe 21st October 2014, 9:09 pm

Would off been helpful lol, but don't matter to much I will have to see it something can be made

17Boost pipe Empty Re: Boost pipe 21st October 2014, 9:21 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Should be able to make a new bracket so the actuator sits forward of the housing and extend the rod Smile

18Boost pipe Empty Re: Boost pipe 21st October 2014, 10:11 pm

How would I extend the rod and what do you mean sits forward ??

19Boost pipe Empty Re: Boost pipe 21st October 2014, 10:26 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Ok so let me get this right, when you rotate the housing there won't be enough room for the actuator to be mounted on its current bracket?

20Boost pipe Empty Re: Boost pipe 21st October 2014, 10:28 pm

Where the actuator needs to sit, neither bolts will line up when I turn the housing to where it needs to be, that make more sence, can't explain it anymore really

21Boost pipe Empty Re: Boost pipe 21st October 2014, 10:39 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Alright see how u get on anyway. Correct, the bolt holes will not line up. I thought the other problem will you have is because your turbo has a bigger housing there is limited room for the actuator to be mounted in the correct position (if the bolt holes did line up). Is this correct? I know I had this issue

22Boost pipe Empty Re: Boost pipe 22nd October 2014, 2:53 am

Yeah there is enough room for the actuator just the bolt holes will not line up and as I don't have massive amounts off knowledge it's hard for me to do things like this sometimes

23Boost pipe Empty Re: Boost pipe 22nd October 2014, 3:41 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Ahh I see that's my bad then deane, I presumed there wasn't enough room for the actuator aswell, as that's something else I had a problem with. You will be right, I'm sure someone else on here has experienced a similar thing buddy.

24Boost pipe Empty Re: Boost pipe 22nd October 2014, 9:44 am

It's ok don't worry, yeah hopefully lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum