Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My GTIR in the US

+2
Stu
arielgtir
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My GTIR in the US Empty My GTIR in the US 2nd April 2016, 2:24 am

arielgtir

Hello members! Coming from the US and this will be my second GTIR i have owned. First one was a black GTIR, didn't know much about it but loved how it looked and just unique it was.
My GTIR in the US Img_0911
My GTIR in the US Img_0912
My GTIR in the US Img_0910
Came a long way when i first got her with no interior and not taken care of. Unfortunately had to let her go due to not getting paid much and starting University. Ever since i missed the GTIR now im in the process of owning my second GTIR.

On to my second one. 1990 Nissan Pulsar GTIR with a sunroof, which i thought was pretty rare for these cars. all it has is an aftermarket pod filter and coilovers, which i dont mind because i wanted a fairly stock car. i have a lot of plans for this one and not letting it go. already have a walbro 255 fuel pump, custom intake, shifter bushings (from one of the members), fuel pressure regulator, front splitter and side splitter ready for her. Many more to come.
My GTIR in the US Img_2510
My GTIR in the US Img_2610
My GTIR in the US Img_2713
My GTIR in the US Img_2710
My GTIR in the US Img_2712
My GTIR in the US Img_2714
My GTIR in the US Img_2711
My GTIR in the US Img_2716
My GTIR in the US Img_2715

2My GTIR in the US Empty Re: My GTIR in the US 2nd April 2016, 3:38 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Good to see them slowly making their way into the states Smile
Nice ivory white one Smile
Sunroofs aren't common but I wouldn't say rare. I have owned 2 with a sunroof out of the 7 I've owned.
Standards wheels too. You keeping those? The missing hub caps you can get off the nx over there as they share the same wheels in the states.
Whose is the black one in the pictures?
Your first black one looked clean. Love the wheels on it.

3My GTIR in the US Empty Re: My GTIR in the US 2nd April 2016, 3:55 am

arielgtir

Yeah! After seeing a picture of these a view years back always wanted one so its awesome that this will be my second one so far.
Thanks Very Happy
Oh okay then well from what I've seen definitely uncommon but sounds awesome out of 7?
I have the wheels caps they are inside the Gtir at the moment.
The black pulsar I believe belongs to someone else that has imported here in the states.
Thanks I appreciate it! The ivory white will definitely be clean as soon as I get it in a month.

4My GTIR in the US Empty Re: My GTIR in the US 2nd April 2016, 4:23 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Great looking cars mate, its good to see more over there.

5My GTIR in the US Empty Re: My GTIR in the US 2nd April 2016, 5:47 am

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

How much did it cost you if you don't mind me asking?
Love the ivory white ones.
Ivory white and sunroof, rare find I say.

6My GTIR in the US Empty Re: My GTIR in the US 2nd April 2016, 11:31 am

arielgtir

Thank you @gtir_woody yeah now they are getting a bit more popular. Can't wait to own my second one and in white a color I don't see as often because I usually see black.

It costed me $9500 with it imported, fees and titling it legally included. But now I'm searching a new heart for her. Did a compression test @andy sunny gti and it came out to be 150 120 150 150. So costing me a bit more. Yeah same here looks awesome and yeah from what I see pretty uncommon.

7My GTIR in the US Empty Re: My GTIR in the US 2nd April 2016, 11:58 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Wait until you get it home. Then take the head off and bottom sump pans. Undo the rod caps on the bore that's down and push the piston out. Check the bore and if you are lucky you will get away with a hone and replace that one piston Smile

8My GTIR in the US Empty Re: My GTIR in the US 2nd April 2016, 11:59 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Worth stripping & inspecting current engine, may of been worked on before so who knows what been done-done wrong but big plus is parts are cheap in the US & lot of decent machinists about too .
Picking up used 54C lumps & even rebuilt is a risky game ... Hope you enjoy the car & any work you put into it ...

9My GTIR in the US Empty Re: My GTIR in the US 2nd April 2016, 11:45 pm

arielgtir

Thanks @stu and @Mr B , but importer offered to put in a new heart with a good compression all across and including the 100km maintainence with water pump, all fluids change, serpentine belts, aftermarket heater hoses, fuel filter and etc. since it saves me a bit not gonna lie with having an xterra as a daily as well with school so I thought why not. The importer gave me a great deal and no BS hack importer as well, like other importers that I have talked with for months about this purchase. But I will have a spare later on to build on the side.

10My GTIR in the US Empty Re: My GTIR in the US 3rd April 2016, 7:48 am

kevmc76

kevmc76

Side skirts extensions look smart to me, Lovely looking pulsars.

11My GTIR in the US Empty Re: My GTIR in the US 3rd April 2016, 8:27 pm

arielgtir

Thank you @kevmc76 I already got a set aside for the ivory white pulsar that is coming soon, as well as a custom diffuser. Gonna be looking up for brake upgrades to see what others have done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum