Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Car wont idle with maf connected

+4
johnny gtir
buckym120
Stu
Lazzie90
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Car wont idle with maf connected Empty Car wont idle with maf connected 1st April 2016, 6:42 pm

Lazzie90

Hi there

First of all thanks bob for a quick delivery.

So my pulsar which now has been checked through multiple times after the new wire harness was connected and all the megasquirt bs removed.

Original ecu in use, only thing is a bigger turbo, fmic, downpipe etc being changed.
Car starts fine but doesnt idle with maf connected, it misfires and runs poorly but with full throttle it runs pretty ok but but.. I dont know what to do.. Theres also a afr wideband in use..

Video here: with maf connected and throttle pumping and then mid video i disconnect the maf.

https://youtu.be/JDMBAS_EGsU

Im about this close to just sell it in parts since ive invested shit tons of money into this garbage.
Thanks for your time.

Br. Stefan

2Car wont idle with maf connected Empty Re: Car wont idle with maf connected 1st April 2016, 7:29 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Have you cleared the fault codes?

3Car wont idle with maf connected Empty Re: Car wont idle with maf connected 1st April 2016, 7:49 pm

Lazzie90

Stu wrote:Have you cleared the fault codes?

Actually not before installing the new maf no..
Gna try that tomorrow if there is any.. Last time i ran it on the roaf it gave the maf fault code.

Br.
Stefan

4Car wont idle with maf connected Empty Re: Car wont idle with maf connected 1st April 2016, 8:07 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Try that first and give it a go. Might just be old codes making it run shit!

5Car wont idle with maf connected Empty Re: Car wont idle with maf connected 2nd April 2016, 7:45 am

buckym120

buckym120

Are you able to plug the car in and read the ecu?

6Car wont idle with maf connected Empty Re: Car wont idle with maf connected 2nd April 2016, 10:00 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Not similar to you stu the shape of intake ?

7Car wont idle with maf connected Empty Re: Car wont idle with maf connected 2nd April 2016, 10:01 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

8Car wont idle with maf connected Empty Re: Car wont idle with maf connected 2nd April 2016, 10:01 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

9Car wont idle with maf connected Empty Re: Car wont idle with maf connected 2nd April 2016, 10:50 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

No i don't think so Johnny. Symptoms are different.
Mine just idles up and down and stalls.
Where as this one sounds rough and you have to rev through it.
This one sounds like it's getting the wrong signal from the afm and maybe getting the wrong air fuel mixture as a result?

10Car wont idle with maf connected Empty Re: Car wont idle with maf connected 2nd April 2016, 12:03 pm

Lazzie90

Stu wrote:No i don't think so Johnny. Symptoms are different.
Mine just idles up and down and stalls.
Where as this one sounds rough and you have to rev through it.
This one sounds like it's getting the wrong signal from the afm and maybe getting the wrong air fuel mixture as a result?

So i tries resetting the codes, and now it gives 55 that is no faults if im correct.
But still stalls on idle and misfires abit, going to upload a better video aswell.
And even on the bad idling it doesnt give any faults.

Br. Stefan

11Car wont idle with maf connected Empty Re: Car wont idle with maf connected 2nd April 2016, 12:24 pm

Lazzie90

Heres a new video after fault codes are removed.

https://youtu.be/HmbL5UjPRCs

12Car wont idle with maf connected Empty Re: Car wont idle with maf connected 2nd April 2016, 12:55 pm

shroom

shroom

Have you cleaned the plugs? When its not running well they can quickly fowl up and it wont run at all. Also might be lambda sensor not working as mine runs like a sack of shit without it and also if left and plugs get fowled they need to be cleaned up.

Does seem like a really odd intake setup as well as I notice your breathers are none existant and you just have a filter on the end.

Maybe try re soldering/earthing your afm connector and checking its in correctly

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

13Car wont idle with maf connected Empty Re: Car wont idle with maf connected 2nd April 2016, 1:05 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

johnny gtir wrote:Not similar to you stu the shape of intake ?
Looking at that last video i think you are correct mate.

Try putting a piece of woman's tights/stocking between the afm and induction pipe.
I had this issue and it was turbulence because the intake pipe isnt correct shape..

14Car wont idle with maf connected Empty Re: Car wont idle with maf connected 2nd April 2016, 3:49 pm

Lazzie90

Stu wrote:

Try putting a piece of woman's tights/stocking between the afm and induction pipe.
I had this issue and it was turbulence because the intake pipe isnt correct shape..

Ok stupid question but, I put the womens stockings betwewn the filter and the maf.. Not sure if that was correctly put, or should it be after the maf?

With the way i did it, it atleast took a turn for the worse Very Happy

Oh man... This car has been a struggle but thank you guys for the tips! And your time.

15Car wont idle with maf connected Empty Re: Car wont idle with maf connected 2nd April 2016, 4:44 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Sounds like its misfiring ..... have you checked the dizzy and rotor arm grub screw ????

16Car wont idle with maf connected Empty Re: Car wont idle with maf connected 2nd April 2016, 5:27 pm

Lazzie90

nomad wrote:Sounds like its misfiring ..... have you checked the dizzy and rotor arm  grub screw ????

Hey! What is a dizzy? Very Happy Ive changed the whole distributor system to a new one atleast.
And i ran out of gas it seems so im going for some beer now and head back out tomorrow..

17Car wont idle with maf connected Empty Re: Car wont idle with maf connected 2nd April 2016, 6:09 pm

Gtirchris

If the sensor in the maf is dirty it will give conflicting signals, which will make it run like a sack of shit, try cleaning it with contact cleaner or a little bit of brake cleaner, then retry it mate

http://www.guglielmimotorsport.co.uk

18Car wont idle with maf connected Empty Re: Car wont idle with maf connected 2nd April 2016, 6:16 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Lazzie90 wrote:
Stu wrote:

Ok stupid question but,  I put the womens stockings betwewn the filter and the maf..  Not sure if that was correctly put,  or should it be after the maf?

With the way i did it,  it atleast took a turn for the worse Very Happy

Oh man...  This car has been a struggle  but thank you guys for the tips! And your time.
You put it the wrong side.
Put it between the afm and the induction pipe.so the air goes through the afm first and then through the stocking...

19Car wont idle with maf connected Empty Re: Car wont idle with maf connected 5th April 2016, 11:34 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Sounds to me as though you have a leak somewhere on maybe throttle bodies or pipes incorrectly plumbed to plenum or carbon canister.
This can cause issues if the canister over pressurises or if diaphragm is split in canister itself which then allows carbon deposits to get sucked out via vacuum system.

Best bet is try and dis connect the canister and block vacuum pipes from plenum then see if that makes difference

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

20Car wont idle with maf connected Empty Re: Car wont idle with maf connected 6th April 2016, 8:11 am

Lazzie90

Thank you all for the comments !

I will take a look again now that i have time to visit it.. my daughter got sick so had to leave it again for some time but but..

I soon have double or triple of all parts for the car and the wish was to have it on the road this summer but seems it will be another year in the garage.

Br
Stefan

21Car wont idle with maf connected Empty Re: Car wont idle with maf connected 12th April 2016, 3:51 pm

Lazzie90

Put the stockings after the maf and runs alot worse.
Missfires like crazy and wont go over 2k rpm.

All pipes are sealed aswell so its weird

22Car wont idle with maf connected Empty Re: Car wont idle with maf connected 12th April 2016, 3:57 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Maybe you need to earth the afm?
Have you cleared the codes now?

23Car wont idle with maf connected Empty Re: Car wont idle with maf connected 12th April 2016, 4:26 pm

Lazzie90

Codes are cleared yes.
Seems like the plugs died tho.. Since it doesnt start anymore.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum