Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

it wont start :S

+3
nomad
johnny gtir
richpulsar
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1it wont start :S Empty it wont start :S 25th January 2014, 8:23 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Hi all just abit weirded out after I had a pikey in a white van knock on my door asking if the pulsar was for sale and he seemed abit off when I said no amount of money would take it off my hands then he started asking questions like is it the 2l turbo4x4 and that he's been looking everywhere for one but cant find one so I was looking to move the car so its at bottom of the driveway where a car is always blocking it but when I went to jump start it the immobiliser wont turn off just wondering if I'm doing something wrong though I've never had this problem before.

All its doing is bringing up the engine management light, I've tried opening and closing then locking and unlocking but all to no avail, I've tried the little key fob thingy but that's not worked either so I'm at a loose end to know what to try next.

any help would be appreciated

so I have now taken battery off and put it on charge, at least if the thieving bastards come during the night they will take slightly longer to knick the thing than they would have otherwise!!

2it wont start :S Empty Re: it wont start :S 25th January 2014, 8:31 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Dose the immobiliser allow the ignitiion on rich ?

3it wont start :S Empty Re: it wont start :S 25th January 2014, 8:34 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

yea it all lights up like Blackpool illuminations just wont turn over and its only been sitting a week

4it wont start :S Empty Re: it wont start :S 25th January 2014, 8:41 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Just depends which one some immobilisers dont even let ignition lights on but if thats normall. Starter solinoid or something else see what hapens with a charged battery but you would think with jump leads on it would be ok

Rock it in gear then take it out n try again if u think its starter

5it wont start :S Empty Re: it wont start :S 25th January 2014, 9:04 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

If the battery is completly dead then when you try to turn it over it takes all the juice and cuts the immobilser in and out so it doesnt know what its doing ...see whats it does with the battery charged .... hopefully it hasnt messed up .

6it wont start :S Empty Re: it wont start :S 25th January 2014, 10:02 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

Just a thought, check your switch feed to the starter motor, you never know or maybe the spade terminal is loose/corroded Smile

7it wont start :S Empty Re: it wont start :S 25th January 2014, 10:37 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Can you hear the fuel pump prime?
Are you sure the battery was connected correctly?
Is there fuel in tank?

8it wont start :S Empty Re: it wont start :S 25th January 2014, 10:42 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I would say if he had ignition lights it was conected some of the way no fuel or knackard fuel pump it would try and crank at least. Well alot of imobilisers are connected to fuel pump so it might not prime

9it wont start :S Empty Re: it wont start :S 25th January 2014, 10:44 pm

lenzo

lenzo

Smack the starter motor if not bump start it

10it wont start :S Empty Re: it wont start :S 25th January 2014, 11:36 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

yea its got fuel and no cant hear the fuel pump priming so think as Leighton said trying to crank it over is taking all the juice as the battery was completely dead as its just be sat for ages with alarm/imob on which has drained it so hopefully with a full15/16hour charge it should start....fingerscrossed

11it wont start :S Empty Re: it wont start :S 26th January 2014, 2:03 am

lenzo

lenzo

Check the battery in the fob if you got a aftermarket alam on it

12it wont start :S Empty Re: it wont start :S 26th January 2014, 2:08 am

richpulsar

richpulsar

It opens n locks the doors ok I just think it where the battery was dead flat

13it wont start :S Empty Re: it wont start :S 26th January 2014, 8:10 am

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Just get another car get leads and jump start it see if that's the issue instead of waiting 15/16 hours.

14it wont start :S Empty Re: it wont start :S 26th January 2014, 12:22 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

I tried jumping it yesterday but I think the battery was too dead and didn't know whether it was coming or going so I put it on charge over night

15it wont start :S Empty Re: it wont start :S 26th January 2014, 1:11 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Have you tried it now Rich?

16it wont start :S Empty Re: it wont start :S 27th January 2014, 4:17 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Well after having the battery on charge for 28 hours I put it on and it finally started so it was just a totally dead battery and now the car is down in front of the garage behind another car so if that pikey comes again he wont be lifting it Very Happy

And the job hunt is looking up iv just applied for the RAF Very Happy lets hope I get in

17it wont start :S Empty Re: it wont start :S 27th January 2014, 9:52 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Well that's one less thing to sort. I get that at work, if the battery on the machine is dead then a jump pack isn't enough. Good luck with the job hunt, might see you sunday Wink

18it wont start :S Empty Re: it wont start :S 27th January 2014, 9:57 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Well i hate to say im right ..... but i was  Laughing

19it wont start :S Empty Re: it wont start :S 27th January 2014, 10:06 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

What threw me is if it sat with jump leads for 5 mins and then tried to start and nothing thats been one of only a few things shit leads no revs on car jumping it or 3rd one very very flat battery

Either way you were right well done winner

20it wont start :S Empty Re: it wont start :S 28th January 2014, 12:18 am

richpulsar

richpulsar

Lol yea Leighton you still don't get a prize though Razz

Johnny I sat with the missus' mazda idling for a good 5 mins then when it still wouldn't I revved it to around 3 1/2k but it still had nothing so my reckoning is it was a totally stone dead battery im keeping it on trickle charger/optimate now

21it wont start :S Empty Re: it wont start :S 28th January 2014, 7:23 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

must of been dead cold weather wont of helped glad its sorted for you

22it wont start :S Empty Re: it wont start :S 29th January 2014, 5:33 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Yea that and I haven't actually used the car for around 7 months.
Now I have a drivers side passenger window switch up the spout and the clock lights aren't working Evil or Very Mad 

These care really are a love hate relationship aren't they!!

23it wont start :S Empty Re: it wont start :S 29th January 2014, 7:32 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I its funny use them they break dont use them they still want your money and time to fix them

24it wont start :S Empty Re: it wont start :S 29th January 2014, 10:30 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Got a fair amount of condensation inside it aswell which wont be helping so I think it needs abit of drying out bring on the warmer weather

25it wont start :S Empty Re: it wont start :S 30th January 2014, 9:50 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

richpulsar wrote:Got a fair amount of condensation inside it aswell which wont be helping so I think it needs abit of drying out bring on the warmer weather
Mine suffers from this badly, even when it was used more often than it is now. Thinking of getting either a rechargeable dehumidifier or some water absorbing granules.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum