Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Biggest powered gtir we've had, mapped by us at TOTS

+8
sven777
gtir_woody
Mr B
buckym120
Stu
johnny gtir
ROB_IOW
GTI-R US
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Had this car in for a fair while now which came over from Hollandaise on a trailer delivered by its owner who I must say has kept the car in lovely condition thumbsup

It's a Sunny Gtir l/h drive with forged engine, gearbox built / checked by us
Majority of parts supplied by owner or have been custom built.
In brief has a custom built 2871 turbo which has been highly modified by a company in the States custom manifold and turbo elbow, ext water cooled wg,  Arc topmount ic then usual big injectors, z32 etc etc
Mapped by us at Torque of the south on Nistune and made this power at 1.8bar, would have made more but the injectors were at 92%
Plus it will need further cooling to keep charge Temps  consistant as the arc will not be good enough on its own

Biggest powered gtir we've had, mapped by us at TOTS Th_66A32A5A-8530-4BF3-82CC-154434B06BBC_zpsbvdgrmjb

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

510 bhp from a 2871r that's impressive

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Very good power and bet your pleased bob. I could see it in your eyes the determination was there the dedication was there to do whatever to get yourself mapping and the hard works paid off. Sure the customer is well pleased.

As said Big flow from a 2871R

Last edited by johnny gtir on 25th March 2016, 4:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

No no no you can only run 1bar max on a topmount! Lmfao

Very impressive Bob. Weldone.
That fucking engine is trying to get out of its bay lol

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

buckym120

buckym120

Car is beautiful in the flesh aswell even if it is a left hooker

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I used arc in past & now custom recored top mounts & it handles decent power & temps can be good if used with post cooler WI. Have a similar power car in malaysia on arc top mount too .
Much prefer staying with 28 series turbos when can as far less lag ...
looks decent R that one .

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Very nice, great to see thumbsup mate the business is going in leaps and bounds now, been loving the watching the progress.

sven777

johnny gtir wrote:Sure the customer is well pleased.

Yes, rest assured: the customer is very well pleased. Very Happy

ben15476

ben15476

WOW!
I wonder how that power to weight compares with other cars?

sven777

I just want to express my deepest appreciation to Bob and his team at Torque of the South Motorsport in Southend.

11 years ago I wanted to buy a Sunny GTI-R; but living in the Netherlands didn’t make this easy as there were just about 600 LHD GTI-R’s produced in LHD. By 2005 most of them were crashed or already hidden away in a collection somewhere. After a long search I bought a red GTI-R that was originally delivered in Italy. Rebuild the car with a few friends and had lots of fun with the little pocket rocket. I was still a student at the time and I had to sell the car in order to pay for University. After finishing University I have owned many special stuff, ranging from Maserati’s, Audi’s and even some Ducati’s. However; the only thing I ever truly regretted selling on was that Sunny from 1992, mainly because of the sheer driving pleasure it delivered.

Then, early 2014; I ran into another Red GTI-R right here in the Netherlands, didn’t think twice and bought the car straight. The car had 240.000 KM’s on the clock, was standing still for 2 years and was in need of a lot of work. I did what I could do, but in the end I decided to bring the car to Bob in Southend. Me and my father drove the car over to the UK on a trailer. It has been in Bob’s hands over the winter. Last week; I flew with my old man to Southend Airport; where Bob picked me up with my own car. An amazing feeling; the little Sunny has been completely transformed.

A short list of modifications that have been done by Bob and his team; custom GTX2871R .64 turbo, 3 inch elbow, Mongoose, Z32 MAF, Gizzmo IBC-R, custom equal length manifold, injectors, HKS 264 cams, Nistune, Ext. Tial wastegate with screamerpipe, BOV, AEM FPR, ARC TMIC, rebuild gearbox, strengthened selector fork, strut braces, some powder coating, etc. etc.

Besides that; the car had a full service and was mapped (for hours on the Dyno) in order to get it spot on. Pushing over 500 HP, but Bob turned it down a bit to the 480 range in order to increase drivability.

I drove the car back on its own wheels from the UK; Dover-Duinkerken, France, Belgium and then finally bringing the car home after 800 km’s of driving with a smile on my face. The car didn’t miss a single beat and drove like an absolute dream. I even had the old man driving it through Belgium
wink emoticon
. Bob kept me posted on the progress he was making on the car. No shock bills; the labor costs have been very reasonable (understatement!).

Anyway; this is not an advertisement; just my experience. If anyone ever needs work done on a GTI-R; I cannot imagine another place that has better expertise and service quality then what you can get at Torque of the South Motorsport!

I uploaded a small video made by a friend. A short trip down memory lane with my old R back in 2005, 2nd half of the video shows the new ride.

Thanks Bob (+ team)!
Hope to see you next year in Spa or at the Nordschleife!

sven777

Video link:

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I seen this car looks very nice and now has excerlant power to match the looks. Bob puts in a lot of hard work and results speak for them self. Very good write up and good luck enjoy the car

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Lovely car you have there and well done to Bob thumbsup

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Nice work guys, you certainly have a great car.

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

Saw this car when i was There the other week very clean And well spec under the bonnet then Bob turns round And said its got 500 horses under the bonnet i was dribling then looked at my lawnmoer (civic) parked right next to it thinking no chance of vtec'in that thing lol pmsl well done bob on the mapping

JIMMYBACK

JIMMYBACK

510 BHp o_O this is insane

http://www.vintagetechrepairs.co.uk

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Very pleased that the car got you back with no issues Sven Smile

To be fair there was already a good base to get good power from this car and the work Sven had done prior was top notch with no short cuts so was merely a case of checking and installing the  components supplied to us and then mapping her.

Car goes very well and pulls hard through to redline with no hesitation which makes her a car which you could use on a daily basis if you wished. Spent a fair amount of time on mapping this car to get her to perform well at any given rpm and it pays in the long run.

Certainly had a few admirers whilst she was with us,could have sold the car to at least 7 people lol

Thanks for the write up Sven, very good I have to say, and good vids too  thumbsup

Apparently there's a lot of fabricated stories going round as of late that it's nice to hear about some of the good things we do Laughing
Perhaps said people who start all the trash should concentrate on their own business instead of wasting time sitting on a PC thinking up fabricated trash to try and dis-credit us loopy

Anyway enjoy the car Sven and make sure you whoop that Porsche you were telling me about thanks.

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

Apparently there's a lot of fabricated stories going round as of late that it's nice to hear about some of the good things we do Laughing
Perhaps said people who start all the trash should concentrate on their own business instead of wasting time sitting on a PC thinking up fabricated trash to try and dis-credit us  loopy

dont listen to that shit ^^ its usally the jealous ones that talk shit as they see everyone become succesful while there still bumming around. people get what they put into something and the amount of times u have messaged me at one in the morning saying sorry only just left the work shop ill sort out parts for u in the morning goes to show how much effort u put in to make it all happen and work out ^

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum