Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

what has been your biggest bargain!

+8
hreggtir
johnny gtir
PartyPete
MartyMG
Stu
shroom
nomad
toaster55
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1what has been your biggest bargain! Empty what has been your biggest bargain! 29th May 2015, 7:07 pm

toaster55

toaster55

Since owning a Pulsar, what has been your biggest bargain you managed to get hold off for the old girl? Was talking to Dan (pulsar23) yesterday about prices of spares being fairly reasonable compared to modern cars.
Anyway mine was a set of Tein super street coilovers for £40 they even came with the spanners, i felt like I'd robbed them. they have been pn my car for 3 years now with no issues.
oh just in case you dont believe me here is the ebay list number, they were only on for 15 mins till i bought them

Last edited by toaster55 on 29th May 2015, 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Think mine has been my apexi ebc paid 40quid for the lot ....

toaster55

toaster55

nomad wrote:Think mine has been my apexi ebc paid 40quid for the lot ....

Thats really good, i paid £225 for my avcr

shroom

shroom

Few bargains but often things blow up or need replacing so any small gains are always out weighed by ownership haha

Best deal I have had was an Apexi Power FC Pro with commander for £250 quid a few years ago (dont worry pete it wasnt that one I sold you lol) never used it really and sold it on. I also brought a rolling shell for 200 quid and it had a mines ecu and kyb supsension so sold those for £400 and had a whole cars worth of spares minus the bits I sold .

Cars were cheap tho so bargains are drying up now. I am sure Bob has found some gems on cars he has broke etc

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

I have had 3 sets of standard wheels. One set was £17 off ebay. Others were around £40 a set.
I have had a profec b for £50
And a few gauges for £10
Got a full 5zigen for £100
Bought a gtir spares intercooler for £100 and swapped it for a £900 rad tech
Paid £70 for spotlight grill
And £20 for murine
Proberbly had others but can't think lol

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

MartyMG

MartyMG

A Turini bonnet with a tow eye cover thrown in & fitting my Hybrid front mount for £250! Got my Rota Subzero's with 3 good Toyo's for £200 ( EBay) Unused Koni's for £200 & new Plastics 4 Performance poly windows for £200.

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Not so sure, but I got a set of takata harnesses brand new in the box off a guy for £120! Considering how much they are I thought that was a really good deal!

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Mine was oil pump genuine and unused in nissan wraper paid £40 for it 
Engine for if I am honest can not remember exact price but very little deffo less than £100 turned out to have filings on oil grate so I complained lad was really genuine and said you seen my parts I honestly had no idea keep it but take this one but same goes I don't know what it's like got it back my bro stripped it to check one day said guess what I went another knackard one he said I will send pictures over my heart sank the came the pictures mint block hks Pistons knife edge and balanced crank I was like happy days

9what has been your biggest bargain! Empty Re: what has been your biggest bargain! 29th May 2015, 10:10 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Well if you want to sell that same engine johnny il give you the £100 for it Laughing

10what has been your biggest bargain! Empty Re: what has been your biggest bargain! 29th May 2015, 10:46 pm

hreggtir

hreggtir
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

I got a set of 17" oz superturismos with falken tyres for £150.

11what has been your biggest bargain! Empty Re: what has been your biggest bargain! 30th May 2015, 6:35 am

toaster55

toaster55

johnny you lucky fooker! i thought i was doing well.

12what has been your biggest bargain! Empty Re: what has been your biggest bargain! 30th May 2015, 7:27 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Yes told bob the storey a while ago. Lad said its a water pump bought it for £40 it was new then I never seen the oil pump had a further look then said what's this he said looks like another water pump ( twice the size lol) are is it how much sure he said £60 the pair or just give me another £40  I don't remember exact but I was like err go on then. Lad was totally finished with R's or I would of felt guilty as I am honest and some stuff was his mates  but he said his mate trusted his prices and would be down soon I was like yea I must get goin lol I think the second engine was this mates or something as it was good build

13what has been your biggest bargain! Empty Re: what has been your biggest bargain! 30th May 2015, 8:02 am

toaster55

toaster55

You still using that engine then?

14what has been your biggest bargain! Empty Re: what has been your biggest bargain! 30th May 2015, 8:08 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Mine would have to be my haltech ecu and loom, $1300 and I got 1000cc injectors, boost solenoid, oil pressure sensor, and a stupid amount wiring, relays, probably at least $100 of switchs, was such a bargain.

15what has been your biggest bargain! Empty Re: what has been your biggest bargain! 30th May 2015, 8:42 am

scotty6860

scotty6860

Mine is my engine fully forged 750cc injectiors every thing else on it power fc manifold hks waste gate hks bov inter cooler and pipe work hks 3037r turbo hks ignition and a load of spares 2500

16what has been your biggest bargain! Empty Re: what has been your biggest bargain! 30th May 2015, 9:48 am

pulsar23

toaster55 wrote:Since owning a Pulsar, what has been your biggest bargain you managed to get hold off for the old girl? Was talking to Dan (pulsar23) yesterday about prices of spares being fairly reasonable compared to modern cars.
Anyway mine was a set of Tein super street coilovers for £40 they even came with the spanners, i felt like I'd robbed them. they have been pn my car for 3 years now with no issues.
oh just in case you dont believe me here is the ebay list number, they were only on for 15 mins till i bought them

Yes you did rob him lol mine so far was probably the whole car!! Not saying how much tho Very Happy Very Happy

17what has been your biggest bargain! Empty Re: what has been your biggest bargain! 30th May 2015, 12:27 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

toaster55 wrote:You still using that engine then?
I won't answer that as some people on hear Seam to think I collect parts I don't need lol it's sitting with my Norris built engine. Spare parts  Rolling Eyes

18what has been your biggest bargain! Empty Re: what has been your biggest bargain! 30th May 2015, 2:42 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

My latest best buy was my car Smile

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

19what has been your biggest bargain! Empty Re: what has been your biggest bargain! 30th May 2015, 3:49 pm

Best bargain I've had is all the work I've had done! Couldn't build another of this spec for the price !

20what has been your biggest bargain! Empty Re: what has been your biggest bargain! 30th May 2015, 8:58 pm

Spark plug spike

Spark plug spike

Mine was a fully standard H reg pulsar with a whining noise from the gearbox for €200 about £120 at the time while in Germany Very Happy

Also bought a genuine Nissan wheel bearing for £15 when I went to collect it the guy gave me 4 x standard alloys with 3 x centre caps free even though I offered him more money for the wheels he wouldn't take it cheers

21what has been your biggest bargain! Empty Re: what has been your biggest bargain! 30th May 2015, 10:31 pm

MartyMG

MartyMG

Mine was a fully standard H reg pulsar with a whining noise from the gearbox for €200 about £120 at the time while in Germany Very Happy
That'll take some beating Lol!!

22what has been your biggest bargain! Empty Re: what has been your biggest bargain! 31st May 2015, 9:07 am

Spark plug spike

Spark plug spike

MartyMG wrote:Mine was a fully standard H reg pulsar with a whining noise from the gearbox for €200 about £120 at the time while in Germany Very Happy
That'll take some beating Lol!!

It was a bargain mate but I have probably spent ££££££££££ to get my car to where it is now so it puts the word bargain into perspective haha

A couple of pics was used as a donor car to build my white one, shell was then scrapped.

A lot of the remaining parts are still in my garage as spares  Very Happy

what has been your biggest bargain! <a href=what has been your biggest bargain! P1020640" />

what has been your biggest bargain! <a href=what has been your biggest bargain! P1020638" />

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum