Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Noob Question.. Involving Turbos and ECU's and mapping

+4
johnny gtir
nomad
Stu
Bandyleg
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Bear with me guys...

Ive got a chance of an engine that's been fully HKS specked out with receipts for parts and work done. Still in the car so I can see it running test it and so on.. The only down side is that he wants to keep the turbo and manifold and sell separately as they are worth more stand alone...

So this engine is currently running 447 proven....

What I want to know is can I...
A: Put a standard turbo and manifold on for the time being (I know I will loose power)
B: Will I need to get my Standard ECU remapped to match (Yes is what I am thinking)
C: May as well get my APEXI ECU done.  

I know its a proper noob question but common sense tells me its going to need re mapping to the standard turbo but I cant stretch to it at the minute nor can I stretch to the extra he wants for turbo and manifold.
What do I risk from not having it re mapped?

Im preparing for the onslaught Laughing

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

You could buy the engine. Install it and run it on standard turbo. Ecu. Injectors and maf etc
You only need to upgrade all of the above when you start to up the boost.
But then you don't need to upgrade all of them until you want to go above their capabilities

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

OH I don't know do I don't I do I don't I thinking 1200 quid on an engine that has proof of both power and parts and labor done last year, covered 12000 miles ish.. Apparently done at Hi tec motorsport, parts list below...

Noob Question.. Involving Turbos and ECU's and mapping 12607210

Noob Question.. Involving Turbos and ECU's and mapping 12607310

It would mean I have a working car sooner rather than later and give me chance to build up my other engine under no pressure...

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Oooooopppss I did it.... I bought it!!

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Hahaha fareplay Laughing

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Now you can sell your engine to recoup a little money Wink

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

congrats .... will you be doing the swap yourself ??? ..... things to think off now .... are what clutch do you have ... suitible for power you will be running uprated clutch fork while its out .... as you only want to be doing it once ....

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Stu wrote:Now you can sell your engine to recoup a little money Wink

I could or I could keep it re build it amd have sweet spare lol oh what to do. I will see how this engine turns out to be honest. I don't really want to get rid of my spares lol

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Maybe worth comp testing it before you hand over the cash ....

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

nomad wrote:congrats .... will you be doing the swap yourself ??? .....  things to think off now .... are what clutch do you have  ... suitible for power you will be running  uprated clutch fork  while its out .... as you only want to be doing it once   ....

Thanks dude Smile I've got a decent clutch to put in but I will check the one that's already in as it's supposed to be new and very capable.. I've also got a spare gearbox for it but it's untested.
Yeah wise idea to do the clutch fork, any links for a decent one... also comp test will be done Smile

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

I'm planning to do it myself yes, just need to grab the engine crane and hoist from my pal.

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

What did he sell it for ? 12,000 miles in a year good going for a R

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Apparently he needs funds to help pay for the house purchase him and his Mrs are wanting to buy, he has already sold most of the car lol. I'm gonna see if I can tap him up for any extra goodies whilst I'm their.

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

You got far to travel. Would of had s few if it was big power

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Couple of hours down the motorway. My side of bermingham lol so not so bad.

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Modified Clutch forks are just plate welded if your any good with a welder .... ????

shroom

shroom

Itchy fingers then! Is it me or does the receipt say 2005 on it?

HKS cams have stamps on them so will be relatively easy to see if its got the cams installed always good if its all running! So you can have a look

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

It's all the better if its 2005 as was it not 2005 n pre that that were hi tec best builds

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

nomad wrote:Modified Clutch forks  are just plate welded if your any good with a welder .... ????

Correct but it's also essential that the plate being welded is in the right position and I believe it's also good to heat up the fork before welding. The fork can actually be weaker if it's not done properly.

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Of course flat plate the front and and bent down the sides and seam welded around the lot ... Wink i never heated it up but doesnt take long to get the heat into it once you start welding ...

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Yeah well spotted on the 2005 lol I didn't have my glasses on when I looked at the pics lol, I need to start wearing them. Even so 12000 miles is nothing as long as he can prove it's only done 12000. Yeah I can weld but no welder and not a clue what to look for on it. If it's genuine it should be sweet but I guess I'll find out when I get their if any one fancies jaffa cakes lol. (I have to buy some as part of the deal)

splmum

splmum

nomad wrote:Of course  flat plate the front and and bent down the sides  and seam welded around the lot ... Wink  i never heated it up but doesnt take long to get the heat into  it once you start welding ...
Do you have a photo of this, never heard of 'down the sides' before?

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It helps to stop it bending mate. .... think i have a pic of kerimes one she did ....il see if i can dig it out ...

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Sorry Cant seem to find it ... scratch

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

I'd be interested to see this seen as I'm the newbie to these lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: