Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

D2 Race suspension VS Tien race suspension

+4
nomad
gtir_woody
Mr B
Bandyleg
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

nomad wrote:Well i own both and to be honest parts for german parts are a lot cheaper as  i do all the work myself ....

Yup I also own both, In honesty ive not had a jap motor for about 10 years so your probably correct but I just think everythings expensive. (Yorkshire lad at heart).

Ill maybe eat humble pie after I finally get this rebuild under way Smile

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

So fingers crossed you can see make heads or tales of this.. its hard work getting a suspension pic whilst its raining and your cars on the ground.

D2 Race suspension VS Tien race suspension  - Page 2 12516010
D2 Race suspension VS Tien race suspension  - Page 2 12506710
D2 Race suspension VS Tien race suspension  - Page 2 12506711
D2 Race suspension VS Tien race suspension  - Page 2 12539910
D2 Race suspension VS Tien race suspension  - Page 2 12540310

Look very old to me...

dont look that bad.take them clean them up abit
id keep the teins in my opinion

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Has the spring snapped at the top or is it a rogue piece of paint ????

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

D2 Race suspension VS Tien race suspension  - Page 2 Screenshot_2016-01-11-22-33-50

shroom

shroom

Probably a rogue peice of paint they do flake on the teins better to check tho!

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Shroom I did check bud, we must have posted at similar times.

I guess the rebuild cost of the tiens scraed the crap out of me lol when I consider what a new set costs.. Hmmm I need to get them off really and work from their.

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Maybe better off with a brand new of BC's? If you consider them have a look at the spring rates. The ones that come standard can still be very stiff.

mc_hawkings24

They look like top adjustable superstreets and if you think about it the teins were free like mine Smile
£1100 new aswell

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Wasnt trying to alarm you just looked sketchy in the pic ....

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

If you go down the bc route in the future bob can get the best prices and will tell you what spring rate is best for your needs

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

To be honest guys looking at the state of the shocks I think they are an ebay job they work and appears to be nothing wrong with them but for peace of mind it will be new for me. They are much further down the want list though as my Engine is first and foremost as its tapping its arse off literally.

Thanks guys you have been a great help.

P.s anyone got any old standard ones they don't want?? Cars off the road so I can put some olides on whilst its sat in the garage.

I'd take them off and check them over if they work ok it's pointless spending money if you don't need too

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

robd wrote:I'd take them off and check them over if they work ok it's pointless spending money if you don't need too

This be true but also no need to spend money on restoring old crap when you can buy new. Its a tough choice. Either way I need to get them off before I do anything.

mc_hawkings24

I'd get them off and give them a degrease and jet wash, may not be as bad as you think and sell me those top mounts

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

If they give suitable ride & are tight & leak free I would go with refreshing them & getting springs blasted & coated & clean struts up yourself & repaint with something very durable.
You won't gain a huge amount going to likes of BC, you'll be surprised how quick they go old looking unless you dry weather only & keep car garaged.
BC's are ok for price if choose sensible springs & as have height adjustment on lower mount you can set them up proper but they have super short piston stroke which not great on the gtir chassis, all the coilovers are same really & with about 2" piston stroke far from great .
Custom effort with inverted 36mm piston bilstien inserts on old gab struts is way better but twice price of BC by time get valving done & make custom springs .
The gab/kyb/ohlins struts were good too when new/in great order.

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Mr B your advice always seem to be positive and logical, I have taken it all on board and I think I will stick with Tiens based on the assumption that they are of a sound state, freshen them and the springs up.

mc_hawkings24 Laughing you funny, I think I will keep these for myself.

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats it mate if its not broke dont fix it is the attitude ... no point throwing money at if it doesnt need it .... clean them up as said ....

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

One big benefit of the bc is more height adjustable and dampening settings teins can be very harsh on roads

mc_hawkings24

Hell johnny are you after a foot of wheel arch clearance?
Also on the subject i fitted some d2 coilovers earlier and as i was fitting the rears i was looking then looked again. How the hell do i attach the brake hoses? Looked in the box and found all these cheap brackets. I fitted it all but bloody hell its all so cheap. Do all the coilovers with lower adjustable legs not come with welded on brackets

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum