Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ACL race bearings

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ACL race bearings Empty ACL race bearings 15th September 2013, 10:22 am

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

Hello guys my car tax runs out end of this month and was planning if parking it back in to the garage to till next year now as the pulsar was just a weekend car for me
As its going off road I was thinking of replacing the crank/con rod bearing to acl race bearing for a peace of mind I am a noob when it comes to mechanical work and don't no if I should tackle this job myself or give it in to a garage to do,
What I would like to no is how easy is it to do is it just a matter of removing the sump and and unbolt and remove old bearings and replace with new ones
Also what size bearings would I need

If anything above doesn't make sense please feel free to ask me any questions like I said am a noob when it comes to mechanical work but would love to work on my own cars and learn as I go with pulsars

Thankyou

2ACL race bearings Empty Re: ACL race bearings 15th September 2013, 11:28 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

pity you never asked this earlier this week as just did this on a customers car weve got in so could have took some photos as I did it

if I get time later today il do a write up on here for you
assuming your mechanically minded its a relatively easy job around 6/10 difficulty
but il explain more later

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3ACL race bearings Empty Re: ACL race bearings 15th September 2013, 11:45 am

toaster55

toaster55

If thats a 6/10 job whats the 10/10 difficulty jobs then bob?

4ACL race bearings Empty Re: ACL race bearings 15th September 2013, 1:26 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

Yeh please bob if you can do write up that will be great I will get a friend of mine to give me a hand doing it I think between both of us we could get it done plus I've got plenty if time to do so I can have it ready for next year RR session (north vs south)
I've had a look on eBay for some crank and rod bearings but there seems to be 2 different types am I right in saying standard size are 19.10mm but there are also some listed which says +.25 what's the difference between them both
Any body else done this if some one gives me a rough guide I will do a proper guide with photos when I do mine I think it will help every one else when they do theirs.

5ACL race bearings Empty Re: ACL race bearings 15th September 2013, 2:01 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Larger one are for when you have a regrind mate

6ACL race bearings Empty Re: ACL race bearings 15th September 2013, 4:06 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

Ok so the +.25 are used when you've had a regrind i will need to get the sandard ones 19.10mm,
dose any one no if this is an engine out job or can it be done in sittue by removing sum pan any thing else worth replacing while doing this job

7ACL race bearings Empty Re: ACL race bearings 15th September 2013, 5:10 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I think you have to measure them first ...as if its worn or pitted then  thats the route you take .....ive never done it so cant comment but think thats what i read iirc.

8ACL race bearings Empty Re: ACL race bearings 15th September 2013, 5:41 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

Thanks for the info nomad I will wait till boby gets back to me with a write up of how to ad I have no idea of where to start and what to remove

9ACL race bearings Empty Re: ACL race bearings 15th September 2013, 7:09 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

should say on the bearing what size it is.

10ACL race bearings Empty Re: ACL race bearings 15th September 2013, 7:26 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

il have to do it tomorrow for you as ive just wrote a shit load earlier on how to do gearbox diy brace which il make sticky.

promise il do a write up tomorrow though Wink 

11ACL race bearings Empty Re: ACL race bearings 15th September 2013, 7:50 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

Thankyou bob really appreciate it, when I do mine following your guide I will do a how to guide with pics for every one eles

12ACL race bearings Empty Re: ACL race bearings 17th September 2013, 10:27 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

just done half of it in the how to section, il finish it off tomorrow for you fella Wink 

13ACL race bearings Empty Re: ACL race bearings 17th September 2013, 11:38 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

Thankyou bob appreciate it

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum