Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Squeeling sound

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Squeeling sound Empty Squeeling sound 4th September 2015, 6:29 am

colin22

Hello, my car has a squeeling sound coming from the front passenger side that comes up when the car goes 60km/hr or higher. When the car is slower than 60km/hr the noise isn't there. If I step on the brakes, it doesn't make the sound go away. It's directly related to how fast the car is going. I've recently changed new front brake pads and rotors and the noise is still there and I've tried wobbling the wheel to see if it's wheel bearing but there doesn't seem to be any play. Does anyone know what may be causing this?

2Squeeling sound Empty Re: Squeeling sound 4th September 2015, 7:31 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

You still got the brake dust shields on yours ? It's not that bent when you done brakes catching ?

Just read this properly it was there before hand.

3Squeeling sound Empty Re: Squeeling sound 6th September 2015, 5:06 am

colin22

The dust shield is still there. Ive tried bending it back but the sounds still there.

4Squeeling sound Empty Re: Squeeling sound 6th September 2015, 6:45 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

And it's not bearing early stages sqweeling but just not lots of play on it yet ?  How loud is it and you say speed related passenger side ? And boots ok on inner shaft

Dose it do it if you move steering or dip clutch and put it into neutral

5Squeeling sound Empty Re: Squeeling sound 6th September 2015, 7:41 am

Thermal

Thermal

I had a loose centre hub nut loose (not on a Nissan though) that gave a squeal when driving, quick and easy check to do.

6Squeeling sound Empty Re: Squeeling sound 7th September 2015, 7:38 pm

pulsar23

Have you jacked the front up and spun wheels to see if you can he it faintly?

7Squeeling sound Empty Re: Squeeling sound 7th September 2015, 7:40 pm

colin22

I can only hear it when going 60km/hr or more.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum