Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My first time....

+8
Stu
ben15476
nomad
johnny gtir
gtir_woody
buckym120
mightydquinn
PartyPete
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26My first time.... - Page 2 Empty Re: My first time.... 4th August 2015, 7:24 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

mightydquinn wrote:I took the R, did 5 laps and came home, drove it hard all the way there, every lap and all the way home too! And just to top it off, I have done the same thing before with another R!
It is Crazy thought ain't it, we passed at least 2 people smashed up on track every lap, sometimes 3! It was closed lots while they fixed it, the amount of the cars smashed up that had English plates on the cars were unreal!
Guess you enjoyed it though matey??

I wouldn't trust my gearbox, plus the fuel mine would use would be crazy!

27My first time.... - Page 2 Empty Re: My first time.... 4th August 2015, 11:16 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

not a very usable track experience with those potential costs looming over you. Nice to see a few R owners man enough to put the pulsar out there though thumbsup

28My first time.... - Page 2 Empty Re: My first time.... 4th August 2015, 5:27 pm

ben15476

ben15476

Dont you lot start to put a downer on our trip it only a few weeks away!

29My first time.... - Page 2 Empty Re: My first time.... 4th August 2015, 5:38 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Not putting a downer on it, quite the opposite! I'm just saying that I don't trust my gearbox!

30My first time.... - Page 2 Empty Re: My first time.... 4th August 2015, 8:06 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

I remember this one guy that went, he had a blue, nearly 600 horsepower GTR with black wheels, he went with a few mates. He'd never had any issues with his car or his driving ability until he got to the ring............. Wink

Presuming your gearbox is alright at the mo with that proper third gear Pete? I know exactly what you mean about the fuel though, I think I called at nearly every petrol station there and back! Also kept refuelling at the station really close to the track, was worth it though, it's exactly like you said, petrol heads heaven!!

31My first time.... - Page 2 Empty Re: My first time.... 4th August 2015, 8:33 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I've only picked the box back up today pal, still got to fit it and see how it goes! Even if I had no issues I genuinely don't think I'd want to drive it there personally, just because of the expense, and the noise from the side exit! Would get on my tits after a while! It would cost me over £500 just in fuel!!!

32My first time.... - Page 2 Empty Re: My first time.... 4th August 2015, 8:36 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

I drove my widearch big power pulsar there a few years back

after a night on the piss I could hardly walk come the next day let alone drive.
did 2 sessions all day (first I almost threw up lol)
second was quick but then melted every earth electrode on plugs, great bit of mapping by someone Rolling Eyes
managed to get car off circuit and pulled what was left of the plugs out then stuck a new set in turned boost down to .7 bar and car got me all the way home.
went to go to work next day started her up and a big puff of smoke and popped x 2 pistons together so it literally made it all the way home then just completely shat itself

how lucky was that Laughing

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

33My first time.... - Page 2 Empty Re: My first time.... 4th August 2015, 8:41 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

^^ now that's lucky! I must say on my first lap Saturday night id had a bitburger (or 5) before I went out, sharpened me up a little Smile ! The little Honda s2gay held its own though! Roof down haha

34My first time.... - Page 2 Empty Re: My first time.... 5th August 2015, 8:16 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

All been well your box will be fine pal! There's one way to find out! Exactly like you said, fuels only money..... Stop been tight!! Smile

Yep, I would class that as lucky, would have been expensive if it stopped on track!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum