Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's that time again

+6
gtir_pimp
hreggtir
nomad
PartyPete
toaster55
pulsarmoley
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1It's that time again Empty It's that time again 7th September 2014, 1:30 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I hate having to sort out insurance renewals, just had mine come through from Flux and its gone up £40 from last year. Am I right in thinking you can only get a classic policy when the vehicle is over 25 years old?
Gonna call Sky and peter james, is there anyone else people recommend?

2It's that time again Empty Re: It's that time again 7th September 2014, 2:07 pm

toaster55

toaster55

i just had the same from flux they tried to bump mine to 455 i told them i would try else where if they didn't match to a quote i got of sky which was 30 quid less. they then said best they would do was 425 which was still more. so i let it laps, then got an email saying they could do it for 300! go figure?

3It's that time again Empty Re: It's that time again 7th September 2014, 3:40 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I'm with peter James, just over £300, it's got to be 20 years old or older for classic

4It's that time again Empty Re: It's that time again 7th September 2014, 4:03 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Cheers that's good to know, im fed up of these insurance companies bumping up the premium. One of the only good things about getting older is you expect insurance to go down, don't fancy paying £385 to insurance my rust bucket this year!

5It's that time again Empty Re: It's that time again 7th September 2014, 4:47 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Mine has stayed the same for the past 3yrs wich i certainly not complaining about ..... they all got margins they work within but they all take the piss because they know you cant do without it ...

6It's that time again Empty Re: It's that time again 7th September 2014, 6:46 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

It takes the piss as they quote you a price then you go back saying you can get it cheaper elsewhere and they then offer to match or beat it! Evil or Very Mad

7It's that time again Empty Re: It's that time again 7th September 2014, 6:49 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah because they work on comission pete so if they get it for a good price they benefit from it so its not in there intrest to give you a good price to begin with ...

8It's that time again Empty Re: It's that time again 7th September 2014, 8:32 pm

hreggtir

hreggtir
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

I'm with Greenlight Pete, £310 i pay

9It's that time again Empty Re: It's that time again 7th September 2014, 9:25 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Cheers Danny, ill add that to my list Wink

10It's that time again Empty Re: It's that time again 7th September 2014, 9:35 pm

gtir_pimp

gtir_pimp

Try Keith Michaels. 500 for mine with every mod. Well.actually there's nothing standard left on it apart from the Windows and they're fine about it. Told.them the cars worth 8k and will be 500bhp when tuned. Not in a garage, I'm 28.

11It's that time again Empty Re: It's that time again 7th September 2014, 10:31 pm

Turmoil

Turmoil

I only rang flux and they did it for 195 fully comp all mods declared...

Might be my post code or just that im an old bastard...

12It's that time again Empty Re: It's that time again 8th September 2014, 12:29 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

Try Footman James.... im on a clissic policy with them
I paid £200 with all mods declaired - limited to 1500 miles - which is fine as i do under 1000 most years

13It's that time again Empty Re: It's that time again 8th September 2014, 9:20 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

Just got mine through Pete, I am with Peter James, its gone down from last year, they quoted £291 and that's Classic insurance, not bad considering I have had a claim from a theft of a car. I am going to try Greenlight as I have the Scooby insured with them, Danny got a good quote with them with his Smile

14It's that time again Empty Re: It's that time again 9th September 2014, 5:15 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Thanks Kerime. I'll do a limited milage this year as for half of the policy it wont be on the road hopefully.

15It's that time again Empty Re: It's that time again 9th September 2014, 9:48 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

pulsarmoley wrote:Thanks Kerime. I'll do a limited milage this year as for half of the policy it wont be on the road hopefully.

Nice one Pete, I have limited mileage 1,500 a year, like you say its only on the road for half of the policy, same as mine Smile

16It's that time again Empty Re: It's that time again 10th September 2014, 4:53 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Well I reckon it will take me 6 months to strip it, re-spray and do a few other bits.

17It's that time again Empty Re: It's that time again 10th September 2014, 5:02 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I've just had to insure my R on it's own policy as my new trade insurance policy won't cover it with the mods
Tried peter james and they quoted £330 fullly comp
But the winners were Adria flux £232 fully comp with mods declared Very Happy

My trade insurance has just dropped from £1100 a year to £525

18It's that time again Empty Re: It's that time again 10th September 2014, 5:08 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What because you took the pulsar off rob ..... my trade insurers find it hard to get my pulsar covered with all the mods .... mines £600 for the year ....

19It's that time again Empty Re: It's that time again 10th September 2014, 5:35 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

If truth be known i never told my old trade insurance it was modded ,
Told the new ones and they didn't want to touch it . Thoght it was best to go straight

20It's that time again Empty Re: It's that time again 10th September 2014, 6:04 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Oooooh im soooo telling on you Laughing ....what kind of policy do you have just a general trade etc

21It's that time again Empty Re: It's that time again 10th September 2014, 6:21 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Fully comp trade , can own upto 25 personal cars .
Insured upto £20'000
can drive pretty much anything with exception of hyper cars and for some reason american cars

22It's that time again Empty Re: It's that time again 10th September 2014, 8:40 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats a pretty good price for what you got then ....

23It's that time again Empty Re: It's that time again 12th September 2014, 9:41 pm

hreggtir

hreggtir
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

pulsarmoley wrote:Cheers Danny, ill add that to my list Wink

no probs mate, that's all declared as well and limited to 7000

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum