Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Really need to cut down on R time

+4
BEBB GTIR
Digitalfaze
pulsarmoley
Hardy172cup
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Really need to cut down on R time Empty Really need to cut down on R time 10th October 2013, 9:34 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I think I need to calm down with the R for a bit, over the past few days I must of used a good £75-£100 in fuel Shocked Laughing 
I keep telling myself 'I'm not going out in it today' but then the temptation just overpowers me and I can't help but take it for a drive Very Happy

I've only just got it on the road and I've got that new car feeling like when you get your first car lol the turbo noise/feel is just far to addictive and a more expensive addiction than drugs Laughing 

I drove past the police tonight and I saw them put there lights on straight away, I didn't hang about to see if they were turning around for me, I just thought 'no chance mate' turned the next corner and I was long gone Laughing 

2Really need to cut down on R time Empty Re: Really need to cut down on R time 10th October 2013, 9:52 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I know what your saying, if I'm ever at a loose end I take mine out for a spin. Been so busy lately its lucky if it gets a run once a week.

3Really need to cut down on R time Empty Re: Really need to cut down on R time 10th October 2013, 9:56 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I don't think I realised what I was getting myself into when I bought the car, I knew it was going to be useless when it comes to fuel economy but I didn't realise that I wasn't going to be able to resist taking it for a spin every opportunity I get Laughing 

4Really need to cut down on R time Empty Re: Really need to cut down on R time 10th October 2013, 10:18 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

i was late for work today but had great fun on the way thing makes me smile everytime i hit the throttle Smile

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

5Really need to cut down on R time Empty Re: Really need to cut down on R time 11th October 2013, 2:17 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

thought it should be the other way round, that where to scared to go out in the R cos it may break down haha

6Really need to cut down on R time Empty Re: Really need to cut down on R time 11th October 2013, 2:23 pm

knights of nee

Get it nistuned then you'll get more miles to you gallon.

Rob

7Really need to cut down on R time Empty Re: Really need to cut down on R time 11th October 2013, 2:35 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

good idea rob!!

mine is stuck on candles so i can't take it Mad 
but next week it will be back on the road!!!! Twisted Evil 

8Really need to cut down on R time Empty Re: Really need to cut down on R time 11th October 2013, 2:49 pm

knights of nee

fred05 wrote:good idea rob!!

That's two I've had this year mate Shocked , Better start taking it easy it might become a habit Embarassed 

9Really need to cut down on R time Empty Re: Really need to cut down on R time 11th October 2013, 4:24 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I would like to get it nistuned, its something ive wantedto do from day onw but I haven't realy got the cash to get it done at the moment and the fuelling seems decent enough from my AFR readings.

I think even with the car set up better though i will still be using some fuel at this rate lol I've done some miles over the past few days and I can't help but keep squeezing that right pedal every two minutes Twisted Evil 

10Really need to cut down on R time Empty Re: Really need to cut down on R time 11th October 2013, 4:34 pm

knights of nee

Hardy172cup wrote:I can't help but keep squeezing that right pedal every two minutes Twisted Evil 
I was the same when I was your age mate, If you can afford the petrol costs just watch out for the filth and enjoy Cool

11Really need to cut down on R time Empty Re: Really need to cut down on R time 11th October 2013, 5:18 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

knights of nee wrote:Get it nistuned then you'll get more miles to you gallon.

Rob
Didn't seem to make a difference on mine, possibly due to my turbo though?
Mine was averaging 24mpg but since headwork and exhaust its gone up slightly, around 26/27mpg now.

12Really need to cut down on R time Empty Re: Really need to cut down on R time 11th October 2013, 5:48 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It goes to show you cant beat a good head job Laughing

13Really need to cut down on R time Empty Re: Really need to cut down on R time 11th October 2013, 6:06 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

i was in a bentley at the weekend and its average mpg was 28mpg lol

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

14Really need to cut down on R time Empty Re: Really need to cut down on R time 11th October 2013, 6:45 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

nomad wrote:It goes to show you cant beat a good head job Laughing
I expected that from you Leighton Rolling Eyes
I did get 32mpg in my early days of pulsar ownership!

15Really need to cut down on R time Empty Re: Really need to cut down on R time 11th October 2013, 7:18 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Lol what can i say pete Embarassed  
32mpg was that with the ignition off .... i dont think mine ever done more than 20mpg

16Really need to cut down on R time Empty Re: Really need to cut down on R time 11th October 2013, 7:22 pm

how did you manage 32mpg?ive an almera tino diesel as an everyday car now and thats not a great deal better than that as an everyday car

17Really need to cut down on R time Empty Re: Really need to cut down on R time 11th October 2013, 8:03 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I'll admit that was driving to Cornwall years ago, got 32.4mpg. I was surprised as well as even though I was doing a steady 60/65 most of the way the car was full of camping gear scratch
Was a different story around Cornwall, got as low as 13mpg!

18Really need to cut down on R time Empty Re: Really need to cut down on R time 11th October 2013, 11:39 pm

knights of nee

I used to get 40 mpg out of my 500 bhp pulsar if I took it easy on the longer trips down south, Could get it down to 4mpg on full boost though lol

19Really need to cut down on R time Empty Re: Really need to cut down on R time 12th October 2013, 11:31 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

tbh getting it mapped will mean more power but no matter which way you look at it increased bhp means increased fuel costs if you drive it on boost as power costs.

not one car ive had mapped is then better on fuel and that includes the gtr, simply more right foot means more right hand in pocket Laughing 

glad your loving the car though bill Cool 

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

20Really need to cut down on R time Empty Re: Really need to cut down on R time 12th October 2013, 1:33 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

yeah bob its been great to finally go for a good drive, ive enjoyed it but my wallet hasn't Laughing 

i worked out i have done 19 mpg approximately but i have been heavy with my right foot and i have not really been anywhere so its been mostly around town, stopping and starting every two minuets, i would imagine on a good motorway run going easy on the throttle i wouldn't be too bad considering what car it is

im a bit guttered the weathers gone crap because i want to go for a drive but it will do me good to give it a rest for a few days and save myself some wonga Laughing 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum