Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rear diff

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rear diff Empty Rear diff 23rd May 2012, 6:42 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Well went to the garage yesterday and put it up on the ramps, it seems the sprint day possibly did my rear diff in. I dont know if its normal but whilst holding a driveshaft and rotating the propshaft I could tun the propshaft about 1/2-3/4 of an inch before it engaged on the driveshafts is it me or does it sound like a planet gear is shot?

2Rear diff Empty Re: Rear diff 23rd May 2012, 6:56 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

When i get back il have a see as mine is up in the air on axle stands so will see if mine is the same bud

3Rear diff Empty Re: Rear diff 23rd May 2012, 6:59 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Ok cheers leighton, i hope i havent knackered it though 71,100 miles maybe it could do with a rebuild

4Rear diff Empty Re: Rear diff 23rd May 2012, 7:17 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Right i went under and had a apin and there seems to me a slight play on the diff about 1/4 inch play if you hold the prop and turn the shaft but if you turn the prop there is no plplay rhe other way round the shaft moves straight away with no play mate hope that help . did you change the oil the other day ?

5Rear diff Empty Re: Rear diff 23rd May 2012, 7:31 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

No havent had any money to do anything recently, and thanks for doing that mate it looks like maybe one of the planet gears may be slightly shagged out

6Rear diff Empty Re: Rear diff 23rd May 2012, 8:12 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Mines very clonky, pretty much been like that since i bought it Very Happy Changed the oil every year and it seemed ok, done 45,000miles so far...

7Rear diff Empty Re: Rear diff 24th May 2012, 8:54 am

richpulsar

richpulsar

im just worried as it only started doing making the noise after the sprint day

8Rear diff Empty Re: Rear diff 25th May 2012, 7:18 pm

just change the oil to 75/140w, rear diff failure is rare.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum