Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Group A Pulsar Gearboxes

+3
gtir_woody
Stu
DC313
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Group A Pulsar Gearboxes Empty Group A Pulsar Gearboxes 22nd April 2015, 6:43 am

DC313

DC313

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if the group A Pulsar rally car gearboxes were the same as used in the standard road going pulsars? Or did they have any special sequential / dog boxes in them?

Cheers

2Group A Pulsar Gearboxes Empty Re: Group A Pulsar Gearboxes 22nd April 2015, 7:18 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

I'm not that up on the rally specs or gearboxes but did hear that they had one off becker? Gearboxes with straight cut gears.
Someone that bought one of the nme cars had a broken gear and they said it would cost them around £10k to have a company design and make the same gearing from scratch.
All just hear say tho.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

3Group A Pulsar Gearboxes Empty Re: Group A Pulsar Gearboxes 22nd April 2015, 7:46 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I always thought they were very different to the standard box.

4Group A Pulsar Gearboxes Empty Re: Group A Pulsar Gearboxes 22nd April 2015, 12:57 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Yeah I think they also have a fixing plate on them?

5Group A Pulsar Gearboxes Empty Re: Group A Pulsar Gearboxes 22nd April 2015, 7:23 pm

DC313

DC313

Excuse my ignorance, what do you mean by fixing plate? Wow 10k for one gear! That's abit steep......!

6Group A Pulsar Gearboxes Empty Re: Group A Pulsar Gearboxes 22nd April 2015, 7:29 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

A fixing plate is what's used between the gearbox and engine.
If the gearbox doesn't mate up. You make a plate with both sides fixing holes.
It probably has a name but I don't know it.

7Group A Pulsar Gearboxes Empty Re: Group A Pulsar Gearboxes 22nd April 2015, 7:37 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

totally different box altogether, think theres only 3 left in existence.
from recollection think its known as amtrax box which is 6 speed

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

8Group A Pulsar Gearboxes Empty Re: Group A Pulsar Gearboxes 22nd April 2015, 8:30 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Ah cool, good info. Wish there was more around then Laughing

9Group A Pulsar Gearboxes Empty Re: Group A Pulsar Gearboxes 22nd April 2015, 8:50 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

xtrac

10Group A Pulsar Gearboxes Empty Re: Group A Pulsar Gearboxes 22nd April 2015, 9:04 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Whole driveline was practically different weren't they?

11Group A Pulsar Gearboxes Empty Re: Group A Pulsar Gearboxes 22nd April 2015, 9:07 pm

MartyMG

MartyMG

Active adjustable center diff?!

12Group A Pulsar Gearboxes Empty Re: Group A Pulsar Gearboxes 23rd April 2015, 5:32 pm

simigeri

simigeri

and rear...

13Group A Pulsar Gearboxes Empty Re: Group A Pulsar Gearboxes 23rd April 2015, 5:46 pm

DC313

DC313

Was that a manual adjustable diff, like the dccd on scoobies? Or an ECU controled like evo's?

I didn't see any on the xtrac website, I'll do some more digging

14Group A Pulsar Gearboxes Empty Re: Group A Pulsar Gearboxes 23rd April 2015, 6:59 pm

simigeri

simigeri

picture says more than words:

Group A Pulsar Gearboxes Diff

"Group A diffs are active, either computer controlled or manually set. The computer was very slow in 1992. "

15Group A Pulsar Gearboxes Empty Re: Group A Pulsar Gearboxes 23rd April 2015, 8:15 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Old school! Any more pics?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum