Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

gearboxes are heavier than I thought

+2
GTI-R US
Hardy172cup
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1gearboxes are heavier than I thought Empty gearboxes are heavier than I thought 25th March 2014, 12:19 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

My gearboxes turned up today, I bought two boxes with transfer boxes attached, one with noisy bearings for spares and one that should be in full working condition.
Well I never really realised how big and heavy the GTIR gearbox with transfer box attached actually is  Shocked I'm only small and I've had to about break my back getting these things in the garage and now I've just realised they're so big they're taking up any spare space I had in the garage  Embarassed 

Oh well at least I've got some spares so if I do have gearbox problems in the future it shouldn't be a major catastrophe because I'll have spares Smile I'm suppressed the GTIR even moves with how heavy some of the parts are  Laughing 

2gearboxes are heavier than I thought Empty Re: gearboxes are heavier than I thought 25th March 2014, 12:49 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

think about 90kg the pair so yeah there a bit weighty

worth keeping spares now bill, weve only got one box in at the mo and don't know condition of that so il just pull it apart for spares.
some of the gearbox parts are now no longer obtainable from Nissan so well worth keeping the spares

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3gearboxes are heavier than I thought Empty Re: gearboxes are heavier than I thought 25th March 2014, 12:58 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

I'm bidding on one on ebay for spares for this exact reason, mind you now I know someone with spares eh billy bob lol

4gearboxes are heavier than I thought Empty Re: gearboxes are heavier than I thought 25th March 2014, 1:12 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Bloody 90kg! No wonder my spine was about popping out Laughing I only weigh about 60 kg  pale 

Lol true Darren I'm always going to try and keep a stock of spare parts from now on so at least you've got somebody just down the road to come and raid parts from Laughing

I got a really good deal on my gearboxes, £170 delivered for two gearboxes and transfer boxes, one with noisy bearings so only good for spares or a rebuild and one that is supposed to be working, the guy who I got it off bought it for spares like I have but never used it so he only has the word of the seller he bought it from hence why I got it so cheep. Even if they are both knackerd hopefully they will still be with it for salvaging parts because as you say bob Nissan no longer stock them and they will soon be difficult to get a hold of

5gearboxes are heavier than I thought Empty Re: gearboxes are heavier than I thought 25th March 2014, 2:53 pm

Greygtir

Where is everyone finding boxes from i only see a odd few on ebay now n then ha. 

I did read gearboxes alone where 50kg and im no small guy but tried picking mine up with everything attached and it took me a few attempts lol

6gearboxes are heavier than I thought Empty Re: gearboxes are heavier than I thought 25th March 2014, 3:26 pm

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

Im about to list my spare on ebay :p lool

7gearboxes are heavier than I thought Empty Re: gearboxes are heavier than I thought 27th March 2014, 10:21 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

Think that's what Rich thought when he lifted mine in on his own!  Laughing

8gearboxes are heavier than I thought Empty Re: gearboxes are heavier than I thought 27th March 2014, 10:37 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Lol I wouldn't have a prayer of fitting one of those myself! Laughing

9gearboxes are heavier than I thought Empty Re: gearboxes are heavier than I thought 27th March 2014, 10:39 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

Hardy172cup wrote:Lol I wouldn't have a prayer of fitting one of those myself! Laughing

I don't think he wants to do another one anytime soon......!! He loves it really, all in a days work!  Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum