Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Handling question

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Handling question Empty Handling question 20th April 2015, 9:16 pm

Thermal

Thermal

Not sure if this is a problem, but when cornering when on the twisty back roads under acceleration it feels as if the transmission is winding up, as it feels like a bit of roller coaster with the steering squirming slightly, just dosen't feel planted, happens more on sweeping 45° bends, goes around the corners OK and the grip is good, just feels weird, is it just me?

2Handling question Empty Re: Handling question 20th April 2015, 9:21 pm

shroom

shroom

You checked the arb mount bushes etc? I know mine felt like it was rocking and wooly around bends when they had gone although the rear drop links were also shot

3Handling question Empty Re: Handling question 20th April 2015, 9:29 pm

Thermal

Thermal

All the bushes seem OK, but I will check again, and have been thinking about polyurethane bushes, if I can force myself to spend pots of money on what appears to be a few bits of plastic. If you have ever driven an old landrover around a tight bend it feels a bit like that (only much faster)

4Handling question Empty Re: Handling question 20th April 2015, 9:42 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Could be issue with viscous centre diff or rear diff !
What front diff you got, open or lsd !
Any noises !
What it like if drive on full lock in circle !

5Handling question Empty Re: Handling question 21st April 2015, 6:46 am

Thermal

Thermal

All diffs etc are standard, no weird noises, it may just be me, it has always been like this even after a few tweaks to the tracking, camber settings.
It's not bad just feels a little unsettled when pushing on.
I will try full lock in my work car park later today.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum