Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gearbox fitment and seal

+4
Mr B
johnny gtir
nomad
joetheeskimo
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gearbox fitment and seal Empty Gearbox fitment and seal 29th May 2015, 6:26 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

Ive got my replacement sr20 in the back of my 406 at the moment. ive got the gearbox on a pallet with wheels. Whats the best way i can put them together. Should i hang the engine on a crane and fit the engine to the box or get the sr20 onto the pallet and use the engine crane to get the box onto the engine.

Also the seal for the gear selector on the box is leaking, ive got a genuine nissan seal for replacing this. any walkthrough guides on how to replace this.

Thanks

2Gearbox fitment and seal Empty Re: Gearbox fitment and seal 29th May 2015, 6:49 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Put the engine on a pallet ... careful not to dent the sump .... and use the crane to lift the box on as you need to slide it on and not leave the box hanging off the input shaft or your damage it so get it on in place with the support of the crane then put some bolts in to help support it .... if you see what i mean ..???

3Gearbox fitment and seal Empty Re: Gearbox fitment and seal 29th May 2015, 6:50 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Sorry might have asked this but can you supply the seal number. 
Can you not lift the box I find if you were to lift the engine with the crane then fit box engine will swing about to much

4Gearbox fitment and seal Empty Re: Gearbox fitment and seal 29th May 2015, 7:45 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

johnny gtir wrote:Sorry might have asked this but can you supply the seal number.
http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t4787-gearbox-transfer-box-oil-seals

5Gearbox fitment and seal Empty Re: Gearbox fitment and seal 29th May 2015, 9:40 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Thanks b

6Gearbox fitment and seal Empty Re: Gearbox fitment and seal 17th July 2015, 9:18 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

Is there any guides on how to replace the gear selector gearbox seal. It seems to be pressed in. But the actual rod sticking out the gearbox that mates with the gear linkage has a pin in it. Do I need to remove this pin to remove the seal.

7Gearbox fitment and seal Empty Re: Gearbox fitment and seal 17th July 2015, 10:12 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

All I did was put engine on pallet hanging flywheel off the side .. picked box up and slid it on .. boom ... Gearbox on

8Gearbox fitment and seal Empty Re: Gearbox fitment and seal 17th July 2015, 10:50 pm

buckym120

buckym120

Really mine was a complete pain in the arse!! And took 2 hours of f'ing and blinding.

9Gearbox fitment and seal Empty New question 18th July 2015, 6:18 am

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo wrote:Is there any guides on how to replace the gear selector gearbox seal. It seems to be pressed in.  But the actual rod sticking out the gearbox that mates with the gear linkage has a pin in it. Do I need to remove this pin to remove the seal.

10Gearbox fitment and seal Empty Re: Gearbox fitment and seal 18th July 2015, 6:31 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

buckym120 wrote:Really mine was a complete pain in the arse!! And took 2 hours of f'ing and blinding.

It's ok mate, not just you, mine was a pain aswell, they just didn't want to make love easily.

11Gearbox fitment and seal Empty Re: Gearbox fitment and seal 18th July 2015, 6:50 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I never have a problem with gearboxes .. Instead of lining up the splines in the centre I line up the friction plate with pressure plate on outside of clutch .. checking the gaps are the same on the 3 sides you can see

12Gearbox fitment and seal Empty Re: Gearbox fitment and seal 18th July 2015, 7:22 am

splmum

splmum

joetheeskimo wrote:Is there any guides on how to replace the gear selector gearbox seal. It seems to be pressed in.  But the actual rod sticking out the gearbox that mates with the gear linkage has a pin in it. Do I need to remove this pin to remove the seal.

Yes. you need to remove the yoke held on by a rolled split pin.
Then using a pointed tool gently punch two holes in the old seal and then using a pair of circlip pliers poke the ends into the holes and twist the seal whilst at the same time prizing it out.
Having removed the yoke will now allow you to slide the new seal into place with the spacer and boot as well.
Refit the yoke with the rolled split pin.

13Gearbox fitment and seal Empty Re: Gearbox fitment and seal 18th July 2015, 12:34 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Some of the lads above he is talking of the selector seal not how to get a box on

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum