Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clutch fitting

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Clutch fitting Empty Clutch fitting 20th May 2012, 3:22 pm

TurboTom

Can I do diz wiv da enjin in da car?

Joking not another one of these threads that the other owners club loves Very Happy but do I need to torque up any of the clutch bolts? Like flywheel or anything. I have just done them up really tight as they were really tight on the exedy 5 puk paddle clutch that's in mint condition after only doing about 500 miles, I have just taken taken out (shameless sale plug, yes u knowlol)

2Clutch fitting Empty Re: Clutch fitting 20th May 2012, 4:22 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Tut tut tom are you trying to sell something without having enough posts study

3Clutch fitting Empty Re: Clutch fitting 20th May 2012, 4:25 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

How come you have taken out a relativley new clutch ?

4Clutch fitting Empty Re: Clutch fitting 20th May 2012, 6:35 pm

TurboTom

cos its an exedy paddle clutch and its useless unless i want to launch everywhere.
I have put a standard new nissan clutch in as i am not gunna be running mega power.

as for post i only need three more . . well two after this lol

5Clutch fitting Empty Re: Clutch fitting 20th May 2012, 6:35 pm

TurboTom

anuway nomad you must know the answer to my question!

6Clutch fitting Empty Re: Clutch fitting 20th May 2012, 7:34 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I honestly dont know the torque wrench settings for this but tbh if its ft i wouldnt think it will cause to much trouble lol what power are you thinking of running 300 bhp or less on a standard clutch i do believe mate or 1bar of boost .

7Clutch fitting Empty Re: Clutch fitting 20th May 2012, 9:11 pm

TurboTom

Yeah not looking for a 450hp weapon, want a car that can be used daily if needs be.
More about being reliable.
Cheers tho mate, have just done them up as tight as they seemed to be off my other engine. Which was very tight

8Clutch fitting Empty Re: Clutch fitting 20th May 2012, 9:53 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats alright mate like i said if its over 300 then a standard one will not last to long are you nearly finished yours now then mate ?

9Clutch fitting Empty Re: Clutch fitting 21st May 2012, 4:20 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Hi Tom, would just do them as tight as can with a socket, dont think they need to be torqued up mega amounts, I'v got a standard in mine and it holds 1 bar boost without any problem and for a short while even handled 1.7 bar Shocked and to answer can it be done with then engine in situ yes it can but by god its a total pig of a job, your best off getting the whole lump out and on to a trolley it should only take around 3 hours to drop the lump out and fit new clutch but be warned its a b*stard to get back in!!! mine just wouldnt line back up to the mounts.

Good luck on your endeavours and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Rich.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum