Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

fitting a boost controller

+3
johnny gtir
nomad
mc_hawkings24
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1fitting a boost controller Empty fitting a boost controller 29th September 2015, 8:43 pm

mc_hawkings24

Ok so i have a boost controller but i wondered do i still keep the restrictor pipe or do i replace and fit standard pipe.
Also the boost solenoid is this made redundant now amd what about the boost sensor on the wing

Thanks

2fitting a boost controller Empty Re: fitting a boost controller 29th September 2015, 8:49 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What boost controller do you have ....

3fitting a boost controller Empty Re: fitting a boost controller 29th September 2015, 8:58 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

No restrictor pipe goes
Boost solinoid goes
And boost sensor stays

4fitting a boost controller Empty Re: fitting a boost controller 29th September 2015, 9:00 pm

mc_hawkings24

It iiiis a greddy profec b

5fitting a boost controller Empty Re: fitting a boost controller 29th September 2015, 9:39 pm

luke s

Do you have the electronic valve with it , one pipe will go to the plenium from the solenoid then the other to the turbo
Iv got to be honest it took me ages to get mine set up I tried useing other peoples settings but nothing worked except just doing myself I found it all ways over boosted in 1st but ok in 2,3,4,5 spoke to Bob he thinks it's due to the solinoid not being able to control the boost under hard acceleration

http://www.greddy.com/upload/file/PRofec_Bspec.pdf

6fitting a boost controller Empty Re: fitting a boost controller 29th September 2015, 9:56 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I had one of these, takes bit to set up, but they used to be a very popular controller

7fitting a boost controller Empty Re: fitting a boost controller 29th September 2015, 9:59 pm

luke s

Iv got a profec b 2 it was a pain at the start but near spot on now, this one looks easyier to set up looking at the manual :-)

8fitting a boost controller Empty Re: fitting a boost controller 29th September 2015, 11:41 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

The sensor on the inner wing is a sensor for the stock boost gauge so you would leave that as is.
As Johnny says the restrictor pipe is not needed as you'll go direct to the Greddy boost control solenoid then to turbo so you can also do away with the original boost control solenoid as no longer needed.

The setup is relatively simple as boost is set by % over actuator pressure, so if you have say a 0.6bar actuator and you want to run at say 0.9bar then you would set it to 50% which should then give you the required boost level. The gain setting determines when and how strong the boost comes in, it's quite important to get that bit right or you'll get unstable boost & surging issues

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

9fitting a boost controller Empty Re: fitting a boost controller 30th September 2015, 5:51 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I have one sitting here never used it but The one thing I don't like about these is the size of what they call in there instructions the control motor. Far oversized fit what it is

10fitting a boost controller Empty Re: fitting a boost controller 30th September 2015, 9:19 pm

mc_hawkings24

Thanks guys thats a big help, i'll give it a go soon thanks

11fitting a boost controller Empty Re: fitting a boost controller 24th April 2016, 7:21 pm

mc_hawkings24

I fitted the boost controller but question, with any old boost controller should you see boost increase in every gear or just in higher gears?

12fitting a boost controller Empty Re: fitting a boost controller 29th April 2016, 10:41 am

shroom

shroom

every gear, if you set it to 1 bar you should get 1 bar in 1st to 5th

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

13fitting a boost controller Empty Re: fitting a boost controller 29th April 2016, 12:59 pm

mc_hawkings24

Ah well i've been hearing a boost leak for the last few days and has got worse. I put it back to standard yesterday to check and its fine, bought a new boost controller this time instead of a second hand job. Bought a hks evc-s, i think its about the same as the profec b 2.

14fitting a boost controller Empty Re: fitting a boost controller 29th April 2016, 2:15 pm

shroom

shroom

Im of the same ilk now I had one couldnt seem to get it working same setup as my other car so going to try a dawes device just to see if it it the boost controller or somehing else. Sometimes second hand is not always the best expecially with electronics

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

15fitting a boost controller Empty Re: fitting a boost controller 29th April 2016, 10:35 pm

mc_hawkings24

Funnily enough i was looking at dawes device's yesterday as bob was talking about them to me.
Made the sweaty decision to buy the controller instead after alot of google reading. EBC's just so expensive

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum