Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

fans

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1fans Empty fans 2nd May 2014, 2:12 pm

hi all. in my gtir at the moment i have the original fans. i just got a set of spal fans and wondered if they just mount directly onto the radiator with a pull through type fan fitting kit.thanks ant Very Happy 

2fans Empty Re: fans 2nd May 2014, 2:38 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Can not see why not. Reason for fitting them ?

3fans Empty fitting new fans 2nd May 2014, 2:46 pm

my original fans were getting a bit noisey.  Very Happy 

4fans Empty Re: fans 2nd May 2014, 2:51 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

No problem some fit them for space etc. yes no reason they wont go straight on with that fitting kit. Pritty straight forward just crimp or solder wires fit abit heat shrink over jobs a good one. If your thinking of removing them use original connector or  insulated spade ones

5fans Empty Re: fans 2nd May 2014, 5:05 pm

I've got spal(I think they are anyway) on my car mainly as a pace front mount
I just took the plugs off the original fans and attached it as you would standard fans

6fans Empty Re: fans 2nd May 2014, 5:11 pm

Just re-read you post you want to fit fans to the front of the rad and suck the air through the rad
Rather than fit on the back and blow air air through it?

7fans Empty Re: fans 2nd May 2014, 5:25 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I never read it properly  Embarassed I think he means the rear of rad but pull but how efficient would that be ?

8fans Empty Re: fans 2nd May 2014, 5:42 pm

i thought the gtir's fans pull air through the rad

9fans Empty Re: fans 2nd May 2014, 6:08 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I think your right rob ..... it certainly feels like it when you got your head over the engine when they go off ...

10fans Empty Re: fans 2nd May 2014, 6:15 pm

seem to remember being told that years ago.one of the reasons the bonnet vents are where they are

11fans Empty fans 2nd May 2014, 6:35 pm

hi guys.. i want to mount the fans on the inside and draw the air through. hope thats the way the originals work!!. the only way i can see to fit them is direct onto radiator with the fan fitting kit ie spring and zip tie.  Smile 

12fans Empty Re: fans 2nd May 2014, 6:54 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats what i have with my rad .... they are not cable ties though more of a clip fitting that goes through the rad fins ....

13fans Empty fans 2nd May 2014, 7:00 pm

yes thats the type.1 tie 1 spring 2 bits off foam and the circle gripper. do they hold ok? x4 for each fan

14fans Empty Re: fans 2nd May 2014, 7:03 pm

just had a quick look at mine and they are spal
they were bought as part of the pace intercooler and attach in the same place as standard fans they have brackets made by pace to get them to fit
if you want i can take a photo of the brackets wouldnt be too difficult to make something similar

15fans Empty Re: fans 2nd May 2014, 7:04 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

they hold spot on I found suppose like anything there are different quality ones but I found them really good and a lot of motorsport use them

16fans Empty fans 2nd May 2014, 7:18 pm

i think are mount them direct to the radiator. but if you could upload a picture that would be great. thanks Smile 

17fans Empty Re: fans 2nd May 2014, 7:42 pm

ill put a few on tomorrow

18fans Empty Re: fans 2nd May 2014, 7:50 pm

GTIR James

I will be using these tie springy things on my new koyo rad. Should be fitted this weekend so will get some pics

19fans Empty Re: fans 2nd May 2014, 11:55 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

There easy to fit with the kit supplied with them
But if you think your fans are noisy just wait till you fit them as twice as loud as stock fans

And yes if you mount them on engine bay side of rad then they pull air through.
Mount them on other side and you'll need to reverse the wires so they spin opposite way and pull air through from the front

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

20fans Empty Re: fans 3rd May 2014, 6:42 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I need some pace dan brackets for mine .. Lost mine during rebuild and now held on with zip ties

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]